Sitting my bum down brewcake

whyhastherumgone Thu 07-Sep-17 07:59:22

Thanks @fuzzyowl

scottishem Thu 07-Sep-17 08:01:48

Thank youuu

SunyBay Thu 07-Sep-17 08:17:48

<<puts the kettle on>>

Hello!

I told my brother the news yesterday after the scan, and he told me not to buy anything until he'd seen us. It seems they've still gots lots of things, including a car seat, from when they had my nephew. (They've just sold their buggy, though, unfortunately, but I fully intend finding out what he discovered from his research as to which are the best. grin ) And my partner's work colleagues said they were going to have a root around to see what they had! Seems like we might not need to buy much at all, which would be nice, since baby stuff is so expensive! (I anticipate we will have to buy a cot, at least.)

ZylaB Thu 07-Sep-17 08:28:00

waves we announced to friends yesterday after scan. Family already knew smile

Bluebell93 Thu 07-Sep-17 09:31:39

Scan went well, bright and early at 8am this morning (I hardly slept at all last night). Once we were at the hospital I was less worried and more just needing to pee though!

So very very relieved. Also jumped forward 5 days, as measured 12+5 so due date is now 17 March!

Good luck for everyone else waiting on scans.

Countdowntofour Thu 07-Sep-17 09:31:48

Yay thanks fuzzy 😊

Bluebell93 Thu 07-Sep-17 10:11:01

Link to spreadsheet as good to have it on the first page of the thread (I always have a nightmare trying to find it!)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tra-r4sPwYtKVvTs_2IbX2W7j_a80vQkBNrNcNvy7Rs/edit#gid=0

eatingcrispsdrinkingtea Thu 07-Sep-17 11:06:12

Have been lurking for a little while now so hope you don't mind me finally peeking in! Had my scan last week and all looking good so far (although the little pest refused to get in a position for a good pic!) with a due date of 9th March.

Lovely seeing all your scan pics and hearing how you're all getting on. I'm hoping my constant need for carbs and apple juice subsides soon! grin

scottishem Thu 07-Sep-17 11:29:35

I still havent told anyone. Im enjoying the bubble haha. Plus all my family live in England so will be telling them next weekend but think we'll end up telling the in laws this weekend

SS81C Thu 07-Sep-17 11:38:35

Fab scan pics everyone. X

Countdowntofour Thu 07-Sep-17 12:05:43

Loving the scan pics!! I'm due 8th March 😊 have told some people but most don't know, dps family don't even know!! But my mum knows, and my closest friends bar one (she lives far away and i need to time it appropriately as shes ttc, but everytime i call her shes at a festival or something lol..) feeling pretty normal now, nauseas gone, I'm still losing weight which is great for me (baby is fine 😊) and my youngest starts school tomorrow so I'll have a lot of free time til baby gets here. Weirdly I'm craving a job right now 😂 not really the best time to start job searching though lol.

GiveMeTheTeaAndNobodyGetsHurt Thu 07-Sep-17 12:42:07

Thanks for the new thread, FuzzyOwl. smile

eatingcrispsdrinkingtea, we are due date buddies! grin

blinkineckmum Thu 07-Sep-17 13:33:03

Does the google thing automatically update? I just added some info.

eatingcrispsdrinkingtea Thu 07-Sep-17 13:44:50

GiveMeTheTeaAndNobodyGetsHurt how lovely. There will be plenty of tea being drunk that day then! wink

Just got a letter to say the urine test from my booking appointment came back inconclusive so gotta trek back in tomorrow to do a repeat sample. Fingers crossed it's okay!

lokelani Thu 07-Sep-17 14:01:27

Ooo new thread.

Is anyone else suffering with heart palpitations.I'm getting them about 4 times a day. I'm 14 weeks today and have seen my dr. I had an ecg this week which came back ok. I wasn't having an 'episode' when that was run though and have to Go back to gp Tomo. This on top of the extreme sickness which has started to subside is really getting to me! I'm stuck in the house (luckily wfh rather than on sick pay) and every trip out the house is exhausting. I did travel for work yesterday and was up at 5.30am so that's really had an effect on today I think. I'm still struggling to eat and have such a bad taste in my mouth when I do. I want to be excited but I just feel so rubbish all the time.

Agh sorry rant over.

whyhastherumgone Thu 07-Sep-17 15:45:18

Hello great to hear good news! Had our 12 week scan today and all was okay - so relieved. Although we aren't quite 12, more 11 and a half but big enough to do all the screening. The little wriggler wasn't playing ball though and kept sticking its bum up at the scanner so i had to do star jumps and two laps of the antenatal dept. Now fingers crossed for clear bloods and I might start believing this is going to happen.

Feels a bit weird having a 12 week scan not being 12 weeks but I suppose i can relax a bit now...smile

Onceuponamama Thu 07-Sep-17 16:42:35

Excellent news today so glad to see the lovely scan photos!

Ours was today and baby was doing wonderfully! So relieved and in love! Edd changed to the 9th March.

whyhastherumgone Thu 07-Sep-17 17:13:36

Congrats @onceuponamama
I'm way at the back of the queue, my due date has been adjusted to 26th March now...

Flatwhite31 Thu 07-Sep-17 18:06:36

Congratulations on the scans. Xx

Sallywiththegoodhurrr Thu 07-Sep-17 19:48:00

Same as mine @whyhastherumgone smile

scottishem Thu 07-Sep-17 20:05:00

I just did a big online shop for maternity clothes. Some comfy jeans with bands and a few tops. Figure gunna need them eventually! Also definately getting a maternity pillow soon! My back is killing in bed because I'm usually a front sleeper and just can't get used to sleeping on my side!

scottishem Thu 07-Sep-17 20:05:17

Also lovely scan pics! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now