Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any other high risk mums?

(9 Posts)
Chuckading Fri 26-May-17 17:36:14

Just that really... I'm high risk as to my son being born at 31wks due to pre-eclampsia and obstetric cholestasis. I've just found out I'm pregnant and quietly bricking it with mixed feelings of scared, nervous and excited! Anyone else?

BellaD24 Wed 31-May-17 19:50:27

I'm pregnant and also anxious abt prem as the scans I recently got showed baby on small size , I'm 26 weeks and still don't feel many movements

gruffalocake2 Wed 31-May-17 19:58:10

I'm 3 months and have a 10% chance of late miscarriage and another complication. It's a pain but stats have helped me get a handle on it. The risk was initially higher so now it feels more manageable. Would some solid facts from a consultant help?

BellaD24 Wed 31-May-17 22:15:50

I'm trying to see if I can't get additional monitoring ...

Chuckading Thu 01-Jun-17 13:44:31

Bella if extra monitoring would settle you're worries then it's definitely worth asking. Otherwise just keep visiting the gp everyone you're worried. To be honest with my first I didn't even realise we could phone the midwife with questions or worries so I just kept seeing the gp!
Have the doctors said your baby might be premature?

Gruffalo that must be awful to have on your mind, the stats are strongly in your favour though which gives some comfort.
Yes I saw the consultant before I started to TTC for advice and to check I wasn't being an idiot in having a second.
I was more panicked over the weekend as Friday I saw a gp who didn't know what to do with me and left me feeling extremely anxious To point of constant tears! So I went back yesterday and saw a different better gp who was extremely proactive. Booked in an early scan, referred me to consultant and phoned the consultant to ask for advice who said to put me on aspirin immediately. I'm sticking with her from now on!
My stats are literally 50/50 for the pre-e returning and almost 100% for the cholestasis returning. I'll have extra monitoring especially after 20wks so trying to stay positive, which is hard as I feel like a ticking time bomb and I know that every time I get itchy or headaches I'll be paranoid!

Chuckading Thu 01-Jun-17 13:44:48

Blimey I wrote an essay sorry!! 😬

BellaD24 Sat 03-Jun-17 11:08:21

chuckading I have daily CGT scans booked from next week when the baby is 28 weeks

rememberpurpleronnie Fri 09-Jun-17 12:55:16

Hi all, can I join?! 10weeks pregnant with baby number 2. High risk for a number of reasons- I had a double mastectomy in September due to carrying the breast cancer gene. Shortly afterwards I had a pulmonary embolism with some strain on the right side of my heart. I've only just recovered from this really but need to crack on as I'm 33 and at high risk of ovarian cancer too. In addition to this DS was born with an undiagnosed heart condition and needed open heart surgery at 8days old. First consultant appt is a week today. Bricking it. I'm feeling breathless which I suspect is just early pregnancy but trying not to panic it's something else. Injecting daily with clexane!

Miami81 Fri 09-Jun-17 21:24:58

Hi ladies
Can I join as well? I am 35, high bmi but also bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus. Sister had preeclampsia in two pregnancies. So I have been referred to three different clinics in the hospital. First appointment at 15 wks with preterm clinic for uterus shaped stuff. I am 11+5 today and dating scan is on Tuesday. I am very worried but trying to stay positive.
Taking aspirin.
Wow we are a complicated bunch aren't we! But trying to take comfort that they have found things early. Lots of time to plan strategies and monitor growth etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now