Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2017 babies #5 - dating scans and food chat, and dwindling symptoms???

(1000 Posts)
glastogal Thu 18-May-17 10:08:12

Time for a new thread methinks.. will pop a link to this in the old one. Make yourselves comfy ladies - this one might see a few of us into the 2nd trimester 😱😱😱

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xkkNdcxTRfLVAtBUItL__yT9FchALAwK63e2BjZbVMM/htmlview

macsworth Thu 18-May-17 10:17:22

Great work on the new thread glasto. We really can chat! Thread 5 already!

Angielka I'm trying so hard to think of other things today but failing miserably! What time is yours? Mines at 9 so at least I don't have to wait all day. I will be sat firmly on the worriers bench today.

I honestly had no idea what pregnant friends meant about the tiredness! I now understand there is not enough sleep in the world to stop me wanting to curl up in bed.

glastogal Thu 18-May-17 10:21:45

Good luck with the scans tomorrow Macs and Ang.. I'm mega jealous as I have to wait until Monday!! Already feeling anxious but equally I can't wait 😆😆

Royalsteph Thu 18-May-17 10:22:12

Placemarking.
10+3 today, symptoms are hit and miss. Been knackered lately so have spent every evening on the sofa. Food is a nightmare, I have to eat to keep the nausea away. Scan not till 13+3 on 07 Jun feels like ages away

TipTop333 Thu 18-May-17 10:24:01

Checking into the new thread!

Today has mainly been sponsored by Rowntrees Randoms. Now, I'm not a sweets person. Haribo Starmix gives me an enormous feeling of indifference (if that is even possible). But my god these sweets are amazing.

TipTop333 Thu 18-May-17 10:24:47

Oh and 11+2 today, 5 sleeps until scan

Brens13 Thu 18-May-17 10:28:18

Oh my god, just finished reading the EMIN thread...heartwarming and heartbreaking in one. Have had to pull myself together to stop tears at work. Wow.

Good luck everyone with scans today, can't wait to hear how they go.

YouBoggleMyMind Thu 18-May-17 10:39:19

Here! 9+3 today and feeling so tired and my skin is dreadful! First midwife appointment on Sunday morning.

Miami81 Thu 18-May-17 10:43:54

Thanks for the new thread.
8+2 today. This week has been a nightmare. Scan on Monday to check in on the situation. Symptoms almost non existent which doesn't fill me with hope that all is ok. Definitely on the worriers bench today. I brought banana bread!!
Also not sleeping past 4am. Bit of a nightmare. Spent between 4 and 6am this morning looking at rugs and wardrobes to stop myself googling about lack of symptoms and bleeding etc.......

Bisquick Thu 18-May-17 10:57:36

Just checking in to new thread! Hope people are slowly starting to feel better. Sorry about your scare Miami hope the scan on Monday goes well!

Have my next scan tomorrow. V v nervous as my symptoms have also started to ease off. 8+5 now.

Have been on my feet almost all day Mon-Wed since we've been having some training, now just too knackered to move.

Carley27 Thu 18-May-17 11:04:44

Thanks for new thread Glasto.

I've also just read the EMIN thread - what a rollercoaster of emotions! Looked up a couple of her other threads - truly inspirational woman.

Been thinking of you Miami - good luck for the scan on Monday.

8+5 here, definitely more tired and hungry but otherwise feeling good. Still 4 weeks until next scan, seriously considering booking a private scan next week.

Peachi82 Thu 18-May-17 11:43:20

Ha, found you :-)
Working at my other, more relaxed workplace, for the rest of the week and maybe also early next week.
Midwife appointment tomorrow afternoon...

I still can't believe I am pregnant. It seems more like I live in a menstruation free parallel universe where I am constantly sick. And worried.

Angielka Thu 18-May-17 11:44:44

Mine's at 9 too macsworth grin** but I'm not in The UK so it's 8 your time. Feeling much better today and tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

I know it is too soon to feel anything but I swear this week I have had two or three times when I was sure there was a little wriggle. Anyone else or am I hallucinating alone confused??

Mrsbluebell17 Thu 18-May-17 12:06:57

Hey all. Thanks for the new thread glasto.

Ive got the feel sick if I don't eat every 45-60 mins thing at the moment again. Thought I'd gone past that but seems not. Also so tired still.

Looking forward to the weekend although I have lots to do.

Good luck for those with scans today and tomorrow.

Midwife text me this morning with my next appointment for July. Wish getting a scan date was that easy.

Chamonix1 Thu 18-May-17 12:33:39

Checking in.

11.3 weeks, spent the morning in bed, dozing and got up and scoffed toast wth half a block of cheese on. Now sat here rubbing my bloat. Got to take dd to ballet in a while. That'll get me out at least!
Hope everyone's okay smile

MummyHenman2be Thu 18-May-17 12:50:55

We sure do get through these threads!

I am fuming!!

Had my booking appointment at 10am this morning so DH has arranged to work from home (as he works 70 miles away). Got there to be told that the receptionist had made a bit of an error and only booked us a 15 minute appointment rather than an 1.5 hour appointment!!! All of the receptionists are lovely at our surgery apart from one!!! And that happened to be the one I spoke to to book the appointment! GRRRRR!!!

Anyway!! The midwife has arranged to come to our house at 5 this evening to complete the appointment. She is, however, on call for home births today so it'll be our luck that she gets called away at 4:30 and can't come! She said that she will come tomorrow if that's the case but I'm not sure how easily Hubby can work from home again tomorrow.

Not the midwives fault, I know but still very frustrating! Midwife is going to complain to the practice manager about it!

Rant over!!!

TipTop333 Thu 18-May-17 12:50:56

Angie, yes I have! I haven't told anyone because 1) they wouldn't believe me and 2) I'm still not confident all is going to go well so I may be imagining things. At one point I had that unmistakeable 'flip flop' sensation. Too central for wind, it was bizarre.

CarlottaJo Thu 18-May-17 13:19:06

Hey All! Got my letter for scan it's on the 13th when I'll be 13 weeks......paranoid much shock

StumpyScot92 Thu 18-May-17 13:34:11

My sickness is easing it seems (touch wood) but I have never been so exhausted! I could easily nap under my desk if I thought I would get away with it.

What happens at the booking appointment? I have mine on Monday and then my scan a week on Monday but I told DP there was probably no need for him to book time off for the booking appointment as I assumed it would mostly be about getting me on the system...?

mamalovesviolet Thu 18-May-17 13:37:11

Hello new thread!

I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever at the moment. No nausea, sickness, boobs normal, appetite normal. I feel absolutely normal. Not even tired. It's a little disconcerting! confused

Carley27 Thu 18-May-17 13:39:24

Stumpy the booking appointment is mainly lots of questions about you (your health, family health, lifestyle .. one question was 'did you have a happy childhood' hmm). They also took bloods (think this varies depending on location), blood pressure and tested urine sample.

I asked MW if I should take DH and she said it would probably be boring for him, and I would agree! Think he was glad he didn't come when I told him about it grin

mamalovesviolet Thu 18-May-17 13:39:35

Stumpy they fill in lots of forms and take your medical history. Give some advice and pamphlets. You might get your maternity exemption card form thing. They check your pee and take your bloods. They'll explain your future appointments, scans, when you'll gets results from bloods and NT scans.

dirtygrubbybikerchick Thu 18-May-17 13:50:28

Hi there 

Have just joined mumsnet. Am 36 and am currently 11+5. No other children of my own, but have 2 lovely stepkids. Will be having my next scan on Monday at 12+2. Super nervous as I had an MMC in December which we devastatingly found out about at that 12 week scan. Do send us happy thoughts and luck for Monday!

@Stumpy I didn't bring my husband to my booking appt, but do be aware of your OH's pertinent medical and family history in case they ask. They may also need your OH to be partner-tested (bloods) if you come up as high risk for certain conditions (e.g. I have Thalassaemia Minor, so my husband was also tested to ascertain if Bump was at risk of Thalassaemia Major - it's not), but this can always follow at a later date in a much shorter appt.

Carley27 Thu 18-May-17 13:53:15

Hi Biker smile sorry to hear about your MMC, hope your scan goes well on Monday flowers

dirtygrubbybikerchick Thu 18-May-17 13:57:04

Thanks @Carley smile

Complete Kit Kat break (aside), could someone please explain why everyone seems to use acronyms like DH, DC etc here? I do find some acronyms useful but those I just find perplexing (I do know what they mean) - at the same time I don't want to be committing awful faux pas if they're absolutely necessary! Thank you smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.