Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else just got their BFP?

(49 Posts)
Iamchanging Thu 18-May-17 06:49:25

Hi all,
So I can hardly believe it but this morning I got my bfp. I'm very early at 14dpo and it's still quite faint so I don't feel ready just yet to go onto one of the due date boards. Just wondering if anyone else is in my position?

starsshinebright Sat 20-May-17 06:44:50

I got mine today at 9dpo. 7th pregnancy with 6 previous miscarriages so very on edge!

Iamchanging Sat 20-May-17 08:40:53

Congratulations stars! That's very early - I got a bfn at 10dpo, it didn't show positive until 14dpo for me. I'm so sorry to hear about your previous losses, did they find any reasons? Im feeling very nervous as well as we have been trying for a long time now and needed fertility drugs in the end. Hope your line gets stronger and stronger!

Happyasupsydaisy Sat 20-May-17 16:44:50

Could I join please ladies? I'm so sorry to hear about the previous miscarriages. Fingers and toes crossed for a sticky bean. Im 14dpo I think....this is a very unexpected bean. But a very welcome one. How are you ladies feeling?

WeasleyWoman Mon 22-May-17 21:47:10

Can I join too please ladies? I got my bfp 11days after my period! So all.a bit confusing but I've done a million tests (including a digital this weekend which said I was only 1-2weeks) so feeling v happy if slightly confused about what my body is up to. It will be dc3. Sending positives to you starshine and everyone else

Iamchanging Mon 22-May-17 22:36:55

Hi ladies,
Congratulations to everyone! I'm having quite bad cramps on and off but no blood. My line is getting stronger all the time though (POAS addict!) and boobs are sore!
How is everyone else feeling?

Iamchanging Mon 22-May-17 22:37:48

Have your previous pregnancies taken a while to show up Weasley? Maybe you just ovulated later?

WeasleyWoman Tue 23-May-17 07:41:56

My first I still got bfn at 10 days late and got bfp at 13days. Second was a surprise so tested late. I started bleeding in the night though and seems quite heavy so maybe this little bean wasn't meant to stick. Feeling v sad, sitting at work trying to focus.

Iamchanging Tue 23-May-17 08:04:55

I'm so sorry Weasley - I've got everything crossed for you x

WeasleyWoman Tue 23-May-17 13:06:01

Thanks Iam I have everything crossed too! It is possible that I got pregnant last cycle as despite what I thought was my period I tested bfp so early so that gives me hope that this is the same thing but then again I never bled when pregnant before so it cant be a good sign. So frustrating not knowing. Will keep everything crossed and test again on Friday. Although not sure if that will be too soon.

Kittykat89 Tue 23-May-17 17:55:23

Yay bfp buddies! Weasley I really hope all turns out to be okay. Iamchanging bang on exactly the same symptoms as me but I'm a week ahead of you. Cramps have started to ease over that last week and sickness is starting to creep in! Hope it stays as queasiness and not vomming at work so I can keep it a secret for now! Has anyone booked in for an early 8 or 9 week scan?

Iamchanging Tue 23-May-17 18:15:43

I'm lucky that because I was under fertility treatment I get extra scans. So I get one on Thursday and one at 7 weeks. If it wasn't for that I would 100% be booking one in around the 7 to 8 week mark to hopefully see a heartbeat.

RedPanda25 Tue 23-May-17 20:27:55

Found it, thanks @Iamchanging!

How are you doing @WeasleyWoman?! Have my fingers crossed for you!

I've been having morning sickness for about 10 days now but only tested positive yesterday (4 bfns last week!) so even though I had an inkling it was stick a shock!

How is everyone else feeling?

Iamchanging Tue 23-May-17 20:35:03

I've still just got cramping, but got my bloods back today and the HGC has more than doubled in 44 hours so I'm thrilled. I was worried as with work I couldn't do the proper 48 hours. I'm almost looking forward to morning sickness as it might make it a bit more real!!

RedPanda25 Tue 23-May-17 20:41:24

What a relief for you @Iamchanging!! Did the doctor take bloods because of your cramps? I do like the reassurance but the sickness is just the pits. Although maybe I'll lose some weight before I put it on this way 😂

Iamchanging Tue 23-May-17 20:49:07

Hi Red,
Yes they did, to rule out an ectopic apparently as I was in such pain I ended up throwing up and being put on a drip. Really scary. Apparently due to how my levels have gone up it is unlikely but they will double check on Thursday. Don't know how they're going to see anything at this stage though!!
Does your sickness last all day?

WeasleyWoman Tue 23-May-17 20:50:32

I'm holding it together, thank you. I seem to have stopped bleeding, fingers crossed! Am going to take a days rest tomorrow, clean the house, read some trashy novel and see if I need to ring the gp!
Congratulations redpanda is it your first?

Iamchanging Tue 23-May-17 21:00:37

I'm sure I read somewhere that 40% of women bleed during pregnancy Weasley so highly likely it could still all be fine!

RedPanda25 Tue 23-May-17 21:06:15

Oh that's so scary @Iamchanging! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck for Thursday!! No luckily I'm just since once a day, tends to be after a meal. Not too bad.

Oh I'm pleased you've stopped bleeding @WeasleyWoman fingers crossed it's stopped for good. This is my second ☺️ I have a ds who is 17 months so will be around 2 when the new baby arrives, scary!

WeasleyWoman Tue 23-May-17 21:07:59

Thank you Unchanging I read that too. Just soooo annoying not to know straight away.

Goodg Tue 23-May-17 21:14:25

Got this about a week ago, unfortunately the man I thought was my 'D'P has been pushing for a termination. So I've held off posting. But I'm with you ladies!! Going from my LMP I reckon I'm currently 5w5d, and suffering from the most atrocious morning --all day--sickness!

Nice to meet you all
flowers

Iamchanging Tue 23-May-17 21:26:12

Congratulations goodg!! I'm so sorry that your partner isn't being supportive. Do you think it might just be panic? Do you have any other children?

Goodg Tue 23-May-17 21:43:42

Hey! Thanks!
No other children just us two at the mo. I think he will come round, he's said he's going to support us! It's just I feel like he's putting a bit of pressure on me to get an abortion 😞

WeasleyWoman Wed 24-May-17 08:37:27

Sorry to hear that Goodg sometimes the initial shock can make people say or do stupid things, fingers crossed that's what this is.
redpanda I have the same age gap between my first and second, its nice. It means the eldest can't remember a time before he had a sister! And they are starting to be a little team.

WeasleyWoman Wed 24-May-17 11:17:33

Been to GP and had a blood test then will have another on friday. Hopefully the hcg levels will go up and they will be able to day the bleed was not a loss. Feels positive although its still lots of waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now