Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fitbit babies!

(110 Posts)
ndo4000 Sun 07-May-17 10:38:39

Following on from the very lucky thread where we noticed the correlation between our HR and our bfps, I thought it would be nice to continue to stay in touch throughout our pregnancies!

Tentativesteps133 Sun 07-May-17 13:53:02

Checking in with the other Fitbit babes and Fitbit babies!

How is everyone feeling? I have had no symptoms so far apart from very very mild cramps and 10 minutes of feeling light headed. The HR was the main reason I tested! You'd think I'd be glad of it but I actually want to feel a bit nauseous or have sore boobs to give me some confidence everything is ok.

Looking forward to carrying on the journey with you all smile

ifeellikechickentonight Sun 07-May-17 14:28:07

Found you! Hi, it's great to see so many BFPs from our Fitbit discussion. I'm 5 weeks today and eagerly awaiting some symptoms although I remember how awful I felt with DD so I'm sure I'll regret wishing for nausea once it comes!

dangle90 Sun 07-May-17 14:42:08

Hey fellow Fitbit babes 😂!!
I'm almost 5 week now, no symptoms at all r ally apart from the odd sore boobs and cramping. Also kind of wish I had more symptoms though, will regret saying that I'm sure haha!

ndo4000 Sun 07-May-17 16:19:20

Yay!! Hi everyone!!!

I feel pretty rough today. Quite sick and bloated. My boobs seem to be fuller (quite happy with that though!!)

Got to go out to work now for 2 hours and wishing I could curl up in front of the tv!

flossyfloss Sun 07-May-17 18:20:16

I found it smile

dangle90 Sun 07-May-17 18:36:13

I was just walking the dog thinking I haven't r really been tired yet, get home have tea then all of a sudden I just want to fall asleep 😂!
Hi flossy! 👋🏼 x

ndo4000 Sun 07-May-17 18:48:39

Me too Dangle! I had to have a nap after lunch today! Very unlike me.

dangle90 Sun 07-May-17 19:09:59

Come to think of it I had a nap after work yesterday😂! That's not like me either x

flossyfloss Sun 07-May-17 21:57:50

I've been sleeping lots too!

dangle90 Sun 07-May-17 22:06:07

Think I spoke to soon about the symptoms, sat welling up tonight because I felt lonely like I had no friends 😂

Tentativesteps133 Mon 08-May-17 04:17:41

Feeling jealous of everyone who's sleeping loads - I'm the opposite and have been struggling to sleep at all! Been up since 2am and not looking forward to work tomorrow - I work with chemicals so need to tell my manager. Trying not to stress about it and just rest even if I'm not asleep.

Tentativesteps133 Mon 08-May-17 05:58:36

p.s. dangle don't worry you've got the fitbit babes grin

ndo4000 Mon 08-May-17 06:02:45

Tentative I hope it goes well with the boss today. I am dreading telling mine as I'm in the middle of having some training and it has been made clear that they expect a 'commitment' from me (ie. not to have training and then bugger off).

Dangle no need to cry - we are here for you!!!!!!

Hope everyone is feeling ok today? Thought I might call the GP today & make an appt for next week when I'll be 6 wks ish.

Anyone else seen the gp yet?

dangle90 Mon 08-May-17 07:02:57

Thanks ladies your all lovely!
Gosh hope it goes ok with you both telling work, I'm lucky really ive told one of my managers (I work in CT and MRI) so a lot of moving pts and equipment. And she was lovely.
I've already called the Gp who give me the midwifes number, I've got an appt on the 19th, day before my birthday smile x

ndo4000 Mon 08-May-17 07:11:21

You are super organised Dangle!!!

I have just been referred to have an MRI on my leg (sciatic nerve issues). Any ideas if they are safe when pg?

dangle90 Mon 08-May-17 07:14:55

We don't usually scan pregnant ladies unless it's really serious and have to explain the risks to the PT. Because the MRI scanner can heat up there's nothing to say if it's safe or not so we just don't scan people, as I say unless it's really serious and the pts wants to go ahead.

I know I just didn't know what to do when I found out so glad I rang the Drs because I got out straight in touch with the midwife which was nice

dangle90 Mon 08-May-17 07:16:22

Also I feel for you ndo, ive had sciatica before it's awful, look online for excersises you can do, some really help

Tentativesteps133 Mon 08-May-17 07:27:57

I've got a GP appointment on Wednesday - I'm hoping they send me for an early scan as I could be anywhere from 6-12 weeks but if not will book a private one for next week.

Hope it's not too bad ndo, there's enough going on physically without additional pain sad

ndo4000 Mon 08-May-17 07:29:49

Ah, that's interesting about the MRI. Ive been having physio, but she suspects some nerve compression and wanted me to get a scan to get a closer look.

Hmm..... may need to give this some thought.....

ifeellikechickentonight Mon 08-May-17 07:37:45

I'm moving house on Friday when I'll be just shy of 6 weeks so figured I'll register with a new GP then and immediately book an appointment to tell them I'm pg. They aim for midwife booking in appointment to be 8/9 weeks in the new area I'm moving to, so I shouldn't have too long to wait! Will definitely get a private scan at 8 weeks though as I'm still so anxious and still poas every 3 days!

dangle90 Mon 08-May-17 07:40:05

I've known ladies to have scans in the 3rd trimester who come before giving birth if the Drs suspect any problems. But that is a long time to wait for you. You won't even be able to take anti inflammatories now will you? I do feel for you, but yeah the excersises are worth a shot!

dangle90 Mon 08-May-17 07:40:53

Tentative, hope you get a scan, have you looked into how much they cost privately?

Tentativesteps133 Mon 08-May-17 08:01:21

I'm with you on the POAS chicken - I used a opk in some kind of insomnia induced anxiety fit this morning as I'd read somewhere they can detect hCG and I have tons of them in the house 🙈

I found a local clinic that does early scans for £40 dangle, though they have such a cringey name (tummy2mummy) I don't know if I could bring myself to trust them lol.

dangle90 Mon 08-May-17 08:02:52

Hahaha tentative!!! That is really cringe!! £40s not bad though! 12 weeks feel so long away! I'm not addicted to a pregnancy app where I read about what's going on in my body everyday, apparently my baby is the size of a peppercorn today 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now