Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia

(5 Posts)
MrsC2012x Wed 19-Apr-17 09:23:16

Hi Ladies,
This is a bit of a long shot, but im struggling to find anyone or help for Fibro sufferers during pregnancy. So thought I would start a thread, incase anyone else is having the same issue. I thought it would be nice to share stories, have a moan and cheer each other up. X

NiceToesNaughtyToes Fri 21-Apr-17 09:44:22

Hi MrsC

I also have fibro and am currently 28 weeks! How are you coping?

I was advised by my midwife and GP to stop my meds when I found out I was pregnant (I heavily relied on ibuprofen as it was the only thing out of everything I was given to try that would help with the flares and joint pains) So I thought this pregnancy would be awful, especially with a 4year old keeping me in my toes. But once the second trimester hit, I've found I've worked up a good routine to help plough through -touch wood!!-

Dreading the huge bump stage over the next 12 weeks though!!!
Hope all is going well for you x

MrsC2012x Fri 21-Apr-17 16:08:03

I was beginning to think I was the only one.

I am so glad you started to feel better in your second trimester. I am 13 weeks and the fatigue is horrendous at the minute, i think its a mixture, of baby, hormones, fibro and med with drawls. I was on gabapentin, amatrypltaline, codeine and beta blockers before finding out I was expecting so I had to stop them all straight away. Im finding I ache in places I don't usually ache, yet my usual pain is not as bad which is strange.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, 28 weeks at least your over half way there, good look for the final stages x

DinoMummy26 Wed 26-Apr-17 11:31:00

Hey both, i'm 22 weeks, also have Fibro. Glad to hear it's not just me!

Congrats both of you! i was really worried about being pregnant and having fibro but i've also found symptoms have eased, except the exhaustion is 1000 times worse, i don't know if its cause of the pregnancy or the fibro adds to the "normal" exhaustion. Also found my migraines have been much worse which are normally associated with fibro issues for me but less of the fibro pain. Wierd! Also finding its easier to overdo it than normal though with the lack of pain everywhere.
Its always worse when OH is away which is only to be expected but with no friend or family support system where we live i'm worried about when baby gets here and he has to work away! He's fantastic when he is about though!
How are you both finding the day to day? do you live close to family or have friends nearby? Hope you're both doing ok! x

MrsC2012x Sun 30-Apr-17 10:40:14

Good morning, I have only just seen you reply, glad your symptoms have eased but snap on the exhaustion. My hubby is great he helps so much, but not really got much other support as my mum also has fibro and my sister has ms, so they are pretty tired all the time too. I find little tasks are bringing my symptoms on quicker than usual, so instead of being able to walk/shop for 2 hrs im limited to 1, i dont think having spd helps tho, also once 3pm comes i am done for. Hopefully as im starting my second trimester the tiredness will ease. How are you finding work? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now