Talk

Advanced search

Classes

(7 Posts)
MSH2010 Tue 18-Apr-17 12:52:51

Hi all, sorry newbie here. Do we get classes on the NHS or do we have to pay? I've registered my interest on a local NCT course but hadn't realised the cost involved. My reservation laps tomorrow and I'm not seeing my midwife until next Tuesday so don't know what to do

Badgerbird Tue 18-Apr-17 13:08:45

Hi, congratulations smile

We got free NHS classes and they were great! I also did a relaxation and breathing workshop which was good. You can google antenatal classes at your local hospital and go from there if you don't have a number to ring. When you see your mw (first appointment?) you should get a list of classes then.
I believe nct is quite different though and people use them to make friends as well as learn.
Good luck!

MSH2010 Tue 18-Apr-17 15:58:01

Thanks.
This will be my 2nd appointment I'm 15+3 with twins x

Badgerbird Tue 18-Apr-17 19:21:02

How exciting!!! I nannied for twins for 10 years smile such a special bond.

Didn't you get a list of local NHS classes in your bounty folder with your notes from booking in appointment?

RaindropsRoses Thu 20-Apr-17 18:52:35

I haven't heard of anyone not having nhs classes offered, pretty sure it's standard. Round here I had 3x 2 hour classes (one a week). I didn't get info about them until my 25 week midwife appointment and then booked on to them to start when I was 32 weeks. Congrats!

Hanl30 Sun 30-Apr-17 08:08:09

I was told about NHS classes at my 16 week appointment. They book up really quickly so was told to book up asap. I'm doing 6 hr on a Saturday then a 2hr breastfeeding session. I don't think they areas in depth as nct or other private courses but I just couldn't justify spending £200+

GraceBlish Sun 30-Apr-17 17:40:33

We have them free but it's also worth enquiring at NCT about discount (depending on your household income). My partner and I are both student so we got a discount of 90%!!!!!! From £130 to £13, I couldn't believe it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now