Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First time Mum - Due July.

(8 Posts)
changename7 Mon 17-Apr-17 12:37:27

I'm due in July (now 26 weeks pregnant) and this will be my first baby. I'm so excited but seriously have no clue about anything so it's scary at the same time.

Is there anything that's handy/helpful to know when becoming a Mum for a first time?

I don't know anyone in RL that's having a baby/anyone I could talk to so anyone for a chat would also be great. Thanks x

Harvestwidow Mon 17-Apr-17 12:51:41

Join the Due July 2017 #4 thread, all mums expecting baby's in July smile xx

changename7 Mon 17-Apr-17 12:57:11

I've just found that thread! Thank you for your message xx

CurlieSue Mon 17-Apr-17 13:03:42

My daughter was also born in July and will be two this year. I felt the same as you. So excited but I was so scared as I didn't have a clue. What I will say though it's amazing how naturally things come to you. My advice is try not to worry as you will be fine and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy x

CurlieSue Mon 17-Apr-17 13:10:08

I just want to add that I am the most disorganized, clumsy and lacking in common sense person that there could be yet my daughter is a)still alive and b)is healthy and happy!

changename7 Mon 17-Apr-17 13:14:10

Thank you for your message! It's good to hear from people who are/have been in the same situation as what I'm in now.

I just don't know where to start with anything and there seems to be a lot to learn but I'm glad to hear that you pick up things naturally.

I've always wanted a baby, but it's really kicking in now that it's actually happening and it's weird to think how much everything is going to change. I know I'm always going to try my best, but until he's here I just don't know where to begin with anything haha.

I'm probably worrying more now than what I should be,but I can't wait for cuddles.

changename7 Mon 17-Apr-17 13:15:33

We've managed to get all the main things ready now for when he's here, so I think I just need to chill out a bit now and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy x

CurlieSue Tue 18-Apr-17 00:22:50

It sounds like you're reallg organised and still have plenty of time. I would recommend the book First Time Parent by Lucy Atkins. It really helped me. I didn't have anyone to help me as I split up with my partner when I was pregnant and all my family lived miles away. I was really worried but you just cope. Your instincts take over and you just need to trust them. You will miss sleep when your baby arrived so make the most of being able to sleep now and enjoy feeling your baby in your tummy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now