Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2017 #13 the lucky thread

(1000 Posts)
Rustler74 Sun 16-Apr-17 14:58:07

Just thought I'd get the next thread ready. Let them babies arrive!

EsmesBees Sun 16-Apr-17 15:01:40

Great. Thanks Rustler. Just place marking.

MissMooMoo Sun 16-Apr-17 15:07:15

Marking my place

beanturnipandspud Sun 16-Apr-17 15:14:58

Place marking 💖

Tickyboovicki Sun 16-Apr-17 15:23:31

Placemarking 😊

RasperryInAMelon Sun 16-Apr-17 15:36:07

Placemarking

Sipperskipper Sun 16-Apr-17 15:37:18

Placemarking!

Brightsmoke Sun 16-Apr-17 16:11:22

Place marking, thanks Rustler. Praying this is my lucky thread. The last one took 11 days to fill, I can't do this for another 11 days 😩

1004Rise Sun 16-Apr-17 16:56:07

Ooo shiny new thread.... lots of space on this one for babies I hope!!!

Tickyboovicki Sun 16-Apr-17 17:15:51

Today I started my project of getting this cot mobile made before little one arrives! Templates made, all pieces drawn out and half of them cut out, that's enough to warrant a break for a bath right?!

Next mission, the cloud with the stars!

WishIWasSleeping Sun 16-Apr-17 17:19:29

I'm right up there with you Bright.. Remind me of your due date?
I'm hoping my consultant will take pity on me on Thursday when I'll be exactly 37 weeks... I want this baby out within the next 2 weeks... (I probably have no chance and no medical reason... hmm)

teainbed Sun 16-Apr-17 17:19:48

Found you!

yellowismyfavourite Sun 16-Apr-17 17:20:51

Thanks rustler just been catching up as haven't had chance to look today - PiL been over to help us in the garden... now feeling exhausted but I love being outside!!
tea glad you had a good first night home
sipper that's good news about the tests so far. It really throws you when you have an idea in your head for a birth plan and then it gets changed... but hopefully you can adapt things so you still get the birth you want
raspberry glad they are keeping an eye on you. Good luck for the scan... is it tomorrow? Hopefully they can find out what is going on and give you some reassurance.
nurse15 that sounds really scary... hopefully everything will settle down overnight

jennymac31 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:33:29

Thanks for setting up the new thread!

Raspberryinmelon - glad to know I'm not the only one who's been watching OBEM re-runs.

MrsJW15 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:40:26

Thanks for the new thread Rustler. I've done pretty much nothing today. Lying on mum's sofa has been great! Dad has just won a four hour battle with the Ikea changing table shock

lucieloos Sun 16-Apr-17 17:40:32

Place marking

mrspage1985 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:44:33

Place marking!
Glad first night went well tea.
I reckon it'll be thread number 1038 before my Baby appears! Right at the back of the bus - not due till 30th may.
Finalising bits in the nursery today - washing and putting sheets on cot etc! Getting stuff ready for hospital bag! X

FoxMulder Sun 16-Apr-17 18:05:00

What's all this about hypnobirthing massage? Hmmmmmm must have missed that. DH is rubbish at massage. It's all 'oh but I'm tired, I've been at work all day, I just want to sit down'. Pah.

mrscrocopop Sun 16-Apr-17 18:07:58

Fox - my DP is shite at following the hypnobirthing massage rules (i.e. Practice it!) too. He always moans that he's tired or can't get his hands in the right position 🙄 Give me bloody strength! Ha ha!
However to be fair to him we are doing an online course and the guidance on the massage is a bit scant - it says to do "light touch massage" but as far as I can see doesn't actually show you what that is?!

Teaspoon74 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:09:16

Thanks Rustler!

Ticky love the crating stuff - good luck ;)

Nurse glad things are going well ;)

Tea good to hear that he is doing fine. Must be a relief!

MrsJW joining you in the "not done much today" club! OH is running around like a lunatic and whilst I've done bits and pieces I just have to be realistic and leave him to it at the moment smile

Good luck Wish. Think a lot of us are at that point!!! I see my consultant on Weds at the 36+2 point and am desperately hoping she sets the induction for web 1/5.... just don't feel I can do the whole baby. Arguing thing much longer confused

Rasperry good call on the bath. Getting lots of low cramp type sensations today (either BH or engagement I'm guessing) and hoping warm water will soothe!!

Enjoy the rest of the BH ladies....

Sipperskipper Sun 16-Apr-17 18:34:32

mrscroco we did a hypnobirthing class and light touch massage is more like gentle tickles, fingers being run up and down your back and neck, the sort that gives you a 'tingling' sensation. Bloody lovely!

Sipperskipper Sun 16-Apr-17 18:35:09

Glad you are doing ok nurse, have been thinking of you all day.

Brightsmoke Sun 16-Apr-17 18:39:28

Wish, I'm due 3rd, so 37+4 today. I've been drinking raspberry leaf tea non stop today, been for a long dog walk, had lots of fizzy drink and nothing! Might have to find some spicy food for dinner and jump DH tonight 😂

mrscrocopop Sun 16-Apr-17 18:51:31

Sipper thank you, sounds lovely. I'll persuade the heavy handed DP to give it a whirl. smile

FoxMulder Sun 16-Apr-17 19:06:52

Oh yeah there was a mention of light touch massage in the classes but nothing in the book or notes I don't think so I forgot. It's a bit annoying anyway because I want a good back scratch!

This thread is not accepting new messages.