Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Biscuits, official scans & the end of the trimester - Later November due dates this way...

(215 Posts)
AGnu Sun 16-Apr-17 02:38:14

Thread #2, because apparently our "quiet" thread is rather busy! grin

If you're new, do add yourself to the list so we can all see where we're at!

Help yourself to a biscuit, here's to another month of chatting!

Topsyloulou Sun 16-Apr-17 05:34:34

Thanks for the new thread AGnu. I'm very happy for the thread to stay on here, I like the anonymity. I wouldn't want to join a Facebook group. My previous antenatal group is still solely on MN after 3 + years of chatting.

After all the talk of biscuits the other day I went out & bought family size packs of bourbons & custard creams & have started having a couple of custard creams with my first cup of tea of the day, does actually seem to be helping with the nausea better than the healthy cereal bar I was having.

MrsGB2225 Sun 16-Apr-17 06:43:47

Thanks for the new thread AGnu
Morning sickness is particularly bad today, I almost threw up over my son when changing his nappy. Morning poos are the worst!

Thanks @AGnu smile

butterybollocks Sun 16-Apr-17 08:06:08

Thanks @Agnu

I look forward to when I'm over my biscuit and chocolate aversion (lasted the whole first trimester last time)!

Zampa Sun 16-Apr-17 08:30:24

Thanks Agnu.

I was at a wedding yesterday and drank half a glass of champagne and ate half a slice of smoked salmon. Feeling quite guilty so don't think I'll bother with any of that "risky" behaviour again.

tmc14 Sun 16-Apr-17 08:49:47

Thanks Agnu!

Zampa - don't feel guilty, the odd thing off the naughty list is fine.

I'm glad others have said about feeling cold. I usually never feel the cold but just can't get warm at the moment! Very strange feeling.

Happy Easter everyone 🐥 X

Foggymist Sun 16-Apr-17 08:59:36

Just posted in old thread, buh.

@Zampa you can eat smoked salmon, no need to feel guilty? I have it most weeks!

Well I had my early scan this morning after worrying about my fainting, and everything is perfect. I'm 8+2 and measuring exactly that, baby has implanted in the perfect spot and we got to see the heartbeat. I'm so relieved

tmc14 Sun 16-Apr-17 09:04:22

Fantastic Cuppa - gorgeous pic! Hope the fainting stops for you... x

MrsGB2225 Sun 16-Apr-17 09:06:53

Congratulations nice, the baby is starting to look baby shaped as well!
The NHS website says smoked salmon is ok in the UK zampa, I had some yesterday!

Foggymist Sun 16-Apr-17 09:11:34

That's great NiceCuppa, my scan at 7 weeks just looked like an appleseed grin

theotherendofthesockportal Sun 16-Apr-17 09:42:19

Just coming to join in this thread.

Happy Easter to you all 🐣

NoCatsHere Sun 16-Apr-17 10:10:25

Thanks so much for making the new thread agnu

I personally like the MN thread, I'm not a big Facebook user. So i'll be staying here too!

cuppa that is such a great picture. So pleased for you all is well in there. I'm definitely booking in for a scan soon. I'm 8+5 today using end of my mc as my lmp date so it would be great to see if that's anywhere near right.

I also haven't had my 12 week scan date through even though I self referred myself about 3 weeks ago. (We have to self refer here which is odd) Might give them a call Tuesday and see if my mc has confused them. I had a scan date through before but had to cancel it when I miscarried, that one came through really quickly so it's odd this one hasn't yet.

pomadas87 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:15:43

Great news nicecuppa
Happy Easter everyone - off to MIL for lunch today and struggling to find something to cover my obvious bloated tummy!

Happy Easter all and thanks for the compliments on my beautiful pic! Have told both sets of parents now so looking forward to enjoying Easter without having to hide under a giant jumper smile

Hopeful25 Sun 16-Apr-17 10:28:08

Thanks Agnu xxx

Just posted on other thread to basically say happy to stay on MN smile

Mornings are the best time for me re morning sickness ( oh the irony !) so just had some fruit. The other day I bought loads of kiwi fruits as had an urge and I've googled it and apparently they are very good for pregnant women xxx 🥝

TeaAndPjs Sun 16-Apr-17 11:41:46

Hello ladies smile fancy meeting you all here lol

user1489352197 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:44:31

Thanks @agnu, just joining this thread.

have also had the freezing all the time thing - had to have a bath as I couldn't get warm with a gazillion jumpers...

Happy Easter everyone flowers tbusmile and so happy to hear your news @nicecuppa! Fingers crossed for all the scans over the next few weeks x

Off to find some ginger creams grin

NoCatsHere Sun 16-Apr-17 11:55:02

yes hopeful I think they have lots of natural folic acid in them so very good!

Is everyone on pregnacare? I'm almost finished my first pack and find them so large to swallow and when I was reading the ingredients they have bulking agent in and other crap I wasnt happy about. Anyone using a good natural/organic brand?

Foggymist Sun 16-Apr-17 11:58:14

NoCats no I'm not on Pregnacare, just folic acid. Took pregnacare last time, made me nauseous (a common complaint), then I to the significantly cheaper Boots pregnancy ones. Couldn't be bothered this time!

I'm taking pregnacare but not sure if I need to bother after the first 12 weeks are up. I'm going to read up on it and find out what I actually need, then try and just take that.

NoCatsHere Sun 16-Apr-17 12:32:50

Thanks foggy and cuppa. I might have a read and see if I can just take folic acid and vit d separately. The pregnacare ones are a bitch to swallow and I'm sure it's just that they market them so hard I ended up buying them. I need to research more as I'm pretty careful on no other crap/chems in other food etc...

Hopeful25 Sun 16-Apr-17 12:43:37

I started taking pregnacare but they made me so nauseaous so I stopped and I'm just taking boots folic acid and vit d.

Still get morning sickness but I swear the nausea isn't as bad.

Bit worrying about the bulking ingredient!

Foggymist Sun 16-Apr-17 12:52:07

Serious fail by Pregnacare's designers, makes your already nauseous target market even more nauseous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now