Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2017 #2

(1000 Posts)
TipTop333 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:15:20

Thread #2! Welcome everyone! Newbies come and join and introduce yourselves. Wishing everyone a relatively vom free first trimester.

Chamonix1 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:17:14

Hello everyone !smile

glastogal Fri 14-Apr-17 12:18:12

Oi oi!!

pauseplayrepeat Fri 14-Apr-17 12:22:25

New thread, hooray!
beardy I ended up with 4 sizes - 30B pre pregnancy, 30C in pregnancy, 32C when breastfeeding then 32A/B when I stopped feeding as my rib cage expanded thanks to pregnancy. The joys!
zabe maybe hold off a couple of days. My boobs were so swollen first couple of weeks but seem to have settled down again now and back to normal, not bulging over. Yay.
Great idea to do stats. Here's mine:
EDD: 2 Dec
Appts: booking 27/04 Harmony & scan: 17/05
This will be DC3!

amazingrobot Fri 14-Apr-17 12:22:48

Hi folks - zabe, tbh she was a mixture of dismissive and panicky. She told me that her midwifery colleagues hair would be curling at the thought of me having a 4th c-section while in the same breath telling me that she doesn't want to see "the walking well" coming in to the epu and that it is probably just implantation bleeding (for 10 days?hmm)

It would really disrupt easter if I had to go to the epu twice and I am not ready to tell my parents/kids why I'm absent from lots of stuff.

Hope everyone else is ok.

BirdBrain85 Fri 14-Apr-17 12:42:20

Ah god guys just had such a scare, this morning I started getting this awful sharp shooting pain on my right side. It's not like ovary pain or cramps, it's a pain I've never felt before - worse with movement and stretching, lasts a few seconds. Anyway after a frantic consultation with Dr Google I think it's round ligament pain sad apparently it usually happens in the 2nd trimester though, so I guess that doesn't say much for my flexibility!! Just hoping it goes away, it's very scary and it's made me worry that something might be wrong sad.

TheGrumpySquirrel Fri 14-Apr-17 13:26:09

Hi guys. Hope everyone has a lovely easter weekend. I'll be 6wks on Sunday. I've gone off food since the food poisoning incident but trying to eat a bit for the bean's sake. I've lost 1.5kg shock feeling a bit calmer today though x

TootsyBella84 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:35:47

Thread #2 already shock

Okay here is the list I have so far. Let me know if I've missed you or if you want added x

Zaberwocky - 1 December
MW - 3 May

glastogal - 1 December
Scan - 19 April
MW - 20 April

pauseplayrepeat - 2 December
MW - 27 April
Harmony & Scan - 17 May

Chamonix - 4 December

looby1304 - 5 December
MW - 26 April
Scan - 30 April

TipTop333 - 5 December

runthemileyourein - 7 December
Scan - 28 April

isitwinetimeyet16 - 8-12 December
Scan - 21 April

ChocolateRaisin - 9 December
Scan - 27 April

BirdBrain85 - 9 December
Scan - 27 April
MW - 4 May

JHatchling - 9 December
Scan - 21 April

TheGrumpySquirrel - 10 December
MW - 22 April
Harmony test - 16 May

Marie90 - 11 December
MW - 2 May

Lixon - 13-16 December
Scan & MW - 25 April

Beardy1 - 14 December
MW - 26 April

Mrsbluebell17 - 14 December
Scan - 29 April

amazingrobot - 15 December

TootsyBella84 - 16 December
Scan - 2 May

SamiZayn - 18 December

60percentbanana - 20 December

LapinR0se - 24 December

fishfingerSarnies - 24 December

weasledee - 25 December

Annie1290 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:39:32

EDD : 14th Dec
First baby
Scan sometime next week due to prev ectopic. Not booking mw til after scan ok.

Foxglove88 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:39:46

Hi everyone!! I hope you're all not feeling too awful.
Grumpy, sorry to hear about the food poisoning. My body is being quite selective about what I can stomach, I can't imagine how you're feeling if you're not interested in food at all. What about drinks? Could you try juices/smoothies?
BirdBrain I'm having round ligament pain on and off too. I've got some allergy issues at the moment and every time I sneeze I get a sharp pain. Like you, sometimes if I make a sudden movement I can feel it. It is off and on. I've not had any pains today really.
No appointments booked yet! Apparently my letter is in the post grin
First baby!
Due date at the moment is 1st December.

ALSO I'm 7 weeks today, so I apparently have a blueberry. Feeling very slightly better about the odds now.

Zaberwocky Fri 14-Apr-17 13:51:24

Amazing I cannot believe she spoke to you like that! That's disgustIng! It doesn't matter if you've had none or twenty children, your concerns are just as valid! Are you planning on going there for all your appointments?

Tootsy thank you for sorting the list! I can't believe how fast the old thread filled up.

Haha, okay, I'll hold off on the bra front and hope they deflate. grin

Carley27 Fri 14-Apr-17 13:58:15

Hi all - hope it's ok to join.

Got my BFP this morning (still feeling a bit nervous/is it real!) - EDD 23rd December smile

goldielocks29 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:15:25

Can you add me please?

EDD 15th December.

Amazing, I can't believe you were spoken to like that, especially after they lost your results! How ridiculous!

SamiZayn Fri 14-Apr-17 14:20:50

Hi all
bird I have that too, first time round I was worried it was an ectopic. But no just painful stretchy feelings.

I'm away at the moment with no pregnancy tests. I had a big wee this morning and thought 'ah what a waste'. So yeah 4+4 and officially I've gone barmy

BirdBrain85 Fri 14-Apr-17 14:34:41

Ahhh thank you fox and sami, you've made me feel so much better. It was definitely a pain like I'd pulled something and seems to have gone now. Gosh wondering if I will ever stop worrying during this pregnancy!!

amazingrobot Fri 14-Apr-17 14:51:43

Thanks for collating dates!

I won't be going back there tbh. I'll book a private reassurance scan and hopefully just go into the system as usual. She really was stressing how high risk a 4th cs is and was worrying me about rupture. I have done my research (as well as having other friends who have had 4) and I was feeling ok about things until this morning.

Zaberwocky Fri 14-Apr-17 15:26:20

Ugh. I'm literally losing my shit now angry I got pregnant so I DIDN'T have to buy sanitary towels.

The bleeding just seems to flare up whenever I do 'too much'. All I've done today is walk the dog and Hoover!

isitwinetimeyet16 Fri 14-Apr-17 15:37:20

Oh @Zaberwocky that sounds horrible - is there anyone else you could call and speak to at the epu??

Zaberwocky Fri 14-Apr-17 15:40:03

They told me to try my best to ignore it for now. I can arrange another follow up if it's still happening in 10 days. I mean, I know everything is fine! It's just really irritating.

I'm also now four hours away from home, and I'm not too sure where the nearest EPU here is sad

Beardy1 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:04:18

amazing I think that is so unprofessional for someone to speak to you like that. Particularly as it's their mess up. Disgusting.

zaber I'm sorry to hear about the bleeding. It's so frustrating!!

tiptop thanks for doing this you are amazing.

bird I have literally been through the exact thing for the last two days. I was really worried about it being an ectopic but I dr googled and feel it's the same ligament stretching. Occasionally I would get it during ovulation so I've felt it before. Mine has passed now but I'm sure it'll return. Bodies are weird

Zaberwocky Fri 14-Apr-17 16:07:36

Bodies are weird Beardy! I suspect the next 8 months it'll do all sorts of weird things 😂

Ah the bleeding isn't so bad. It's just frustrating. I feel like I should be trying to do everything I can not to aggravate it, but I can't sit around for the next few weeks!

Beardy1 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:20:05

zaber id be the same as you. I couldn't just do nothing. Have they advised you on what activity your allowed to do?

TipTop333 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:26:36

Whether it's the bloat or the non stop eating to stave off nausea, but my trousers are struggling and are incredibly uncomfortable. How early is too early when it comes to cracking open the bag of mat clothes from the loft?

Zaberwocky Fri 14-Apr-17 16:37:06

Tip I don't think you'd managed to pile on the pounds that quickly! Is there any chance it's water weight? Are you drinking enough? But if you're more comfortable in your maternity bits, crack on I say! I've been living in those printed trouser things next do that are basically PJ bottoms for outdoors 😂 So I can't talk.

TipTop333 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:50:35

The same happened last time too - my abdomen just ballooned! I had a proper bump by 12 weeks and major bloat from my bfp. At the moment though it's more that tight clothes feel uncomfortable - like a lot of pressure if that makes sense?

This thread is not accepting new messages.