Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Easter Eggs to Christmas Babies

(152 Posts)
Carlotta82248 Thu 06-Apr-17 22:51:04

Here we are smile

Carlotta82248 Thu 06-Apr-17 22:52:30

Looking forward to sharing the next 9 months with you lovely ladies x

Beardy1 Fri 07-Apr-17 05:46:02

carlotta amazing. Thanks for setting it up and great name. It'll be amazing to have some ladies going through this together. How's your night shifts going and how are you getting on?

Carlotta82248 Fri 07-Apr-17 07:30:42

Weirdly and unusually the night has been really quiet so I've been able to take it unusually easy, which has made me feel better. In again tonight but at least then I'll have slept today. Felt very sick around 2am, and my boobs have been sore. Literally thinking every second about if I'm still pregnant though which is exhausting. How are you? Xx

Beardy1 Fri 07-Apr-17 08:24:01

Oh carlotta try not to let it take over with worry. It's hard and I agree MC definetly make you on the edge. How many weeks were u again from your previous MC?

Glad you had a quiet night, sometimes it's needed. I'm still waking up loads and having restless sleep but luckily my leg cramping has gone now after acupuncture. My boobs are massive all of a sudden, I'm pretty small so it's a bit of a shocker and bloody hurts!! My dh is fascinated by it all. We go away today for our wedding anniversary for the night so it's very exciting. So emotional though as I cried saying bye to my dog. A bit intense really as it's one night! Ha.

goldielocks29 Fri 07-Apr-17 10:05:05

Hello ladies!

Love the chat name!!

What are your EDDs? Xx

MotherofUnicorns Fri 07-Apr-17 15:40:41

Hi!! I found you....
I did another test today just to be sure. I have so many lying around that I think I'm just going to do them daily until they run out!
Dh is a bit in shock -we both just keep drifting off mid sentence!
I have 2 dd aged 4 and 6 who Ithink will love it all but we can't tell them until we are ready for it to be broadcast to the world!!
Due 17th Dec apparently but I am always at least a week late so I'm expecting something between Xmas and new year...
No symptoms to speak of yet apart from exhaustion .....
How's everyone else?

Carlotta82248 Fri 07-Apr-17 16:45:57

Good Morning All! Slept the day away, one more night shift then 11 days off which will take me until after I had the miscarriage last time (only 5 weeks) so hopefully should feel better. @MotherofUnicorns I'm the same, think I'll keep doing them until I'm 40 weeks wink I'm due 19th Dec I think, but my period was 2 days late last time so I'm only apparently 3+3, I think due to the strength and earliness of my tests it will be a few days before. Has anyone told anyone yet? Xx

Beardy1 Fri 07-Apr-17 17:56:32

Hi goldielocks my EDD is the 14th of December from my app. Crasy!!

carlotta we've only told my boss due to my MC last time but we are planning to tell my dh parents tomorrow. I feel that whatever way it goes I want there support and need them around. I will tell my dad too. Weird but after my last year I just need some family assurances. Not going to tell anyone else until after the 12 weeks most likely. Although we had massages booked at our hotel for our anniversary and had to tell the therapist. It felt so weird but nice at the same time. What is everyone else planning to do about telling people?

MotherofUnicorns Fri 07-Apr-17 18:39:29

I told my personal trainer today!! I thought she needed to know what was in store..... I am determined to keep in better shape this time.
I have also told an old friend who called today and mentioned his wife was due in July.
I am seeing my BFF on monday and will tell her as she knows we are trying, then i am seeing my whole family on Easter ..... my sister is 8months preg and my other sister knows we are trying, so does my mum. As soon as i am not drinking i will have to fess up i think! but i will only be 5 weeks by then so still such early days.
How old are you guys if you don't mind me asking? I am 38 and worrying about the fact i am classed as 'high risk' now..... I think i might book in for an early scan when i am 7 or 8 weeks to reassure us.....
argh......it's crazy isn't it?!

Carlotta82248 Fri 07-Apr-17 18:59:53

Me and my other half know obvs, 2 of my best friends and my boss who I told last night as was hyper anxious, thankfully it was one of the really nice ones, there's a few where I would have been less keen.

My BMI is about 34 so I really need to get a grip of myself and lower it in these early weeks. Don't want to have a booking BMI of over 35 sad was doing really well post Christmas but TTC stress got me last month and I turned to my old frenenemy food sad

I'll be 35 having my first Mother! This was never really the plan. How old are you Beardy and Goldie? X

Carlotta82248 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:06:50

Do you think I might be pregnant?! Haha x

goldielocks29 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:42:36

Carlotta 😂😂** that looks like my collection of tests!
So far no one else knows, trying to keep it quiet but I'll most likely end up telling my sister and bff who were fantastic when I had my ectopic.

My boss was amazing too and as I'll most likely have to have a little time off for an early scan due to my history I will probably end up having to tell her before 12 weeks too. (I'm a teacher so can't book a days holiday unfortunately).

Other than that I want to keep it quiet until my dating scan.

Based on my LMP, my due date is 15th Dec, just after my 30th birthday!

MotherofUnicorns Fri 07-Apr-17 21:33:38

I'm a teacher too goldie - it does mean you have to come clean early i think - 'hospital appointments' for women of a particular age are always suspicious! I teach girls and they are constantly on bumpwatch as well!

SO you know what it is like to have a Dec bday - i hope you are not too traumatised? My niece is the 28th (she is 5) and it isn't ideal and i always felt sorry for her and my sister but now i am pretty sure i will be in the same boat!!
There are lots of good parts to it and at least it means i wont have to do Christmas with the in laws this year!

Beardy1 Fri 07-Apr-17 21:41:55

mother I think it's right you tell your Pt. You don't want to risk anything. I've also thought about booking an early scan due to my previous MC but will think about it more in a few weeks.

I'm 32 but feel like I've aged considerably in the last year due to grief and stress. I don't think I ovulated for ages and I have so many grey hairs. Rubbish.com!!

I think I'm going to wait till scan to announce to most people but if it's feels right with friends I might tell earlier. I also rang my dad today to tell him and he was over the moon so that was nice.

Carlotta82248 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:47:46

Well, for all my other night was quiet tonight has been hideous! Feel emotionally and physically drained shock

Beardy1 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:56:15

carlotta oh no why has it been so bad? Hope your okay and looking after yourself. I've now started to panic about MC symptoms etc. It's so silly and my dh has been so good. I haven't had anything at all but I'm worrying. Silly lady.

Carlotta82248 Sun 09-Apr-17 10:03:22

@Beardy1 I feel you, been so stressy too, feel like I won't relax at all in the next few weeks, how many weeks were you at your previous misc? Slept so well last night, plan to soothe my soul with a big spring clean today and am sending my OH out into the garden x

goldielocks29 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:00:17

Mother, I teach girls too! They are constantly asking 'miss do you have kids....do you want kids.....are you going to have kids any time soon??'

I do feel bad that I'll miss the last leg of year 11 for my current year 10s, they're my favourites, I'll deffo use some keeping in touch days to visit them!

Took a clear blue digi today, I'm only 4+2, and it came up as 2-3 weeks! Soo happy with that as I didn't get anything with my last pregnancy.

I'm just praying it doesn't mean twins or anything! (They run in my family.....6 sets of twins in the prev 2 generations!)

goldielocks29 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:03:31

Oh also, having a December birthday has not left me with any long lasting damage 😂😂
If anything I think it's made me more Christmas mad, December is my favourite time of the year!! I have been known to listen to Christmas songs in the car in July

Also have a mum, aunt and cousin with December birthdays (just before and just after xmas) and it's all good, if anything the post xmas ones have a harder time but nothing that is emotionally life scarring 😉

Carlotta82248 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:12:23

@goldielocks29 snap with the clear blue digi and according to my dates I'm only 3+5! Twins also ran through my mind.

I'm crap at Christmas but weirdly took a leaf out of my super organised sisters book this year and did lots of January Sale shopping and signed up for vouchers, must have known I might be otherwise engaged in December!

Beardy1 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:17:26

Hi carlotta isn't it bad feeling like this. I wish I could enjoy it a bit more but I'm super sensitive to any changes. I had a really early suspected ectopic MC at 3+5 so I'm passed that time. I think because my hcg was through the roof I'm starting to feel those similar symptoms and it's putting me a bit on edge. I'm going to get in the garden and chill today because it's so ridiculous. I'm going to have to start meditating and doing relaxation to not worry about things out of my control. Positive mental attitude is what I will be doing!!

We also decided to tell my dh parents yesterday by surprising them with a card. It was such a lovely moment. I don't think I'll ever forget how happy they both were. It took them ages to click what it was about as they thought we'd bought them a night in the hotel we had just stayed.

Carlotta82248 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:23:04

@Beardy1 if you google early pregnancy meditation there's some on you tube to listen to. I found it really useful when I was feeling really anxious pre nights this week.

It's so hard to take one day at a time but it's all we can do, and try to enjoy being pregnant at the moment. I really hope we all get our happy endings, seems most of us have experienced the loss of a pregnancy early on, it definitely makes these early weeks harder. Will you get an early scan? X

Beardy1 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:53:27

Thanks carlotta I use headspace a lot and love it. Will make sure I do it everyday but will also try your recommendation. I've thought about having a 6 week scan. What's everyone's thoughts on one? Is anyone else getting early scan and if so at what time frame?

Carlotta82248 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:59:49

I definitely will. Probably try to wait to 7 weeks as there's more chance of seeing a definite heartbeat, might be tempted at 6 though. I think I'll need it before 12, or I'll go mad. I suffer with anxiety usually so this is sending it through the roof. I'm so lucky I'm off for 11 days now as work would be unbearable x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now