Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2017 #12

(977 Posts)
savagehk Wed 05-Apr-17 14:34:43

Hi all! No imagination for a name but it was getting tight!

nursebickypegs Wed 05-Apr-17 14:42:52

Thanks @savagehk!

Adventuregame Wed 05-Apr-17 14:43:54

Moving across smile

Adventuregame Wed 05-Apr-17 14:44:19

I'm just sat having a pedicure - lovely and relaxing.

1004Rise Wed 05-Apr-17 14:55:00

Wow, leave you alone for half a day and you're on a new thread already!

Jealous of the relaxing @Adventuregame grin

teainbed Wed 05-Apr-17 14:57:59

Thanks savage!

I'm also surprised we've not had an early arrival! Maybe this thread?

Sipperskipper Wed 05-Apr-17 15:02:21

Placemarking - this is definately going to be the thread where the first baby makes an appearance!

raspberry I've been filling my days with lots of gardening, dog walks and batch cooking (probably my 3 favourite activities anyway!). Plus trying to deep clean one room a week. This week = kitchen!

Sipperskipper Wed 05-Apr-17 15:03:03

Placemarking - this is definately going to be the thread where the first baby makes an appearance!

raspberry I've been filling my days with lots of gardening, dog walks and batch cooking (probably my 3 favourite activities anyway!). Plus trying to deep clean one room a week. This week = kitchen!

yellowismyfavourite Wed 05-Apr-17 15:03:52

Thanks savage for new thread.
bright tea I can't believe there could still be another 5/6 weeks to go... am happy being on maternity leave now but will be climbing the walls within 3 weeks I think!!!
Just watched OBEM I usually love it but found it difficult to watch today... found it a mix of lovely yet scary!!!

Have been on a sorting out day today and was wondering... when does the house need to be child proofed like putting safety catches in drawers with medicines in etc??

BouncingBlueberry Wed 05-Apr-17 15:06:24

Ohh @yellowismyfavourite that's something I was going to ask! At fine point in the next three weeks I've got my midwife house check so need to be sorted

RasperryInAMelon Wed 05-Apr-17 15:15:03

Thanks for the new thread @savagehk

@Sipperskipper I fully deep cleaned our toilet today, took it out of me though! I've done a little bit of filing this afternoon and am now settled on the bed with a cup of tea and half a cupcake. I'm going to have an hours nap after before going to NCT this evening.

@yellowismyfavourite I'm only 3 days in and feel like I'm going mad already.

ClaireSunflower Wed 05-Apr-17 15:16:01

Does anyone know if we're ok to be around people with chicken pox? My niece has it at the moment and I'm due to see her at Easter! I had it as a child but not sure if it's still ok to see her. I'll check with the midwife next week but if anyone knows in the meantime it would be appreciated!

nursebickypegs Wed 05-Apr-17 15:18:21

Can I join in with the "crying in front of the midwife" club?

No clue what bought it on, I just saw her face and burst into tears. I explained that I'm feeling really worried about having a baby, and that I'm tired. I explained that my family haven't been the easiest; DM sending me messages like "oh ill be dead soon and Bub won't have a Nana" because she's had a chest infection and ignoring my calls when my car broke down last week. I just said I feel really isolated, especially from my side of the family who barely ring or call. My MIL in in America until May time, and despite the fact she's a total pain in the arse, she has been ringing me and reminding me that if I need her, she will fly back.

My appointment was at 2pm and I'm still sobbing now!

BouncingBlueberry Wed 05-Apr-17 15:20:18

@ClaireSunflower before I went off sick 24 children in my class got chicken pox and as I had already had it as a child I was fine. I did ring triage and spoke to my midwife just to double check, just told to keep an eye out for symptoms but didn't get any.

savagehk Wed 05-Apr-17 15:24:13

claire if you've had chickenpox there's no issue.

Babyproofing - only when they can move. You've got at least 6 months :D The only thing to watch out for is some babies manage to roll off of sofas/changing tables waaaay before they should be able to roll, so never leave baby unattended etc....

If you're in rented accom and can't drill any holes there are magnetic door catches which work quite well (double sided foam sticky tape to fit); otherwise the IKEA ones do the job just fine (we have a mix of the two)

1004Rise Wed 05-Apr-17 15:26:20

@RasperryInAMelon only half a cupcake?grin

Am I the only one that keeps dropping food on their bump... I'm really at the it's getting in the way now!blush

We must have at least one baby appear on this thread although on past experience we go through a thread in 2 weeks so that only gets the early May group to 38 (?) weeks confused

@ClaireSunflower , @WishIWasSleeping spent the past couple of weeks with her DD and chicken pox, I think as long as you've had it already you're ok smile

Tickyboovicki Wed 05-Apr-17 15:31:13

Place marking! Thanks for the new thread, you can tell people are starting to finish work as we're whizzing through them 😂

Just back from the midwife and sat with my feet up in the garden in the sunshine, which is absolute bliss!

Tickyboovicki Wed 05-Apr-17 15:33:32

Also thanks to whoever mentioned the asos sale...I may now have a basket full of items for my sister to order for me 🙊 (She has free delivery & returns!)

Rustler74 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:33:41

Hello all in the new thread ! 2 days short of 2 weeks to reach 1k messages, that's not bad going! Nothing interesting to say for myself but loving the reading xxx
Jealous of the pedicure and sitting in the sun!

mrspage1985 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:44:37

Hi all making my place and update following growth scan this morning
Baby currently at 4.12lbs at 32+1
They were happy with that and estimated birth weight at 8lbs so I'm good with that too!!

PeachIcedT Wed 05-Apr-17 15:44:49

Thanks savage for the new thread! We were even faster at filling up that one.

Snap with ticky I'm soaking up some sun in the garden before I very shortly head out to my (probable) last scan for research purposes. Had midwife appointment earlier. In the book it said we were meant to have a 'feeding discussion' but she didn't mention anything whatsoever- this was my 34 week appointment- has anyone had this discussion with their midwife?

Teaspoon74 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:46:45

Thanks Savage!
Nurse* totally empathise with the crying in front of MW thing!! And friends. And beautician. Pretty much anyone really. Hormones are insane, aren't they?!?! Whereabouts are you geographically again? And do you have a close pal you can lean on a a bit more until family are here? Hugs! flowersflowers

So glad you got an appointment Autumn!

Currently sitting in the sun outside St Thomas' waiting for my scan appt. fingers crossed she's flipped out of breach or concerns flip from being induced to having a CS!

Still sicky and tired, but feel like we're on the home strait now!

Picked up a highchair on Sunday and just finished cleaning it. Bugger to take apart but every stain on the pads and straps has come out and it's nice and shiny. Good as new once I get a fresh newborn insert!

Northernexile Wed 05-Apr-17 15:50:25

Peach my feeding discussion was, midwife: 'have you thought how you are going to feed baby?', me: 'yes, boob hopefully', midwife: 'have this leaflet then'. That was it!

Jealous of you all with sun, it's rather gloomy here in NI! I've mainly been pottering and sorting out the newborn stuff and putting it away today. Still avoiding actually packing my bag though!

teainbed Wed 05-Apr-17 15:53:22

Well I've done my tax and made a cake. Also trying to do a bit of cleaning every day. Our amazing cleaners retired a few months ago and I've not replaced them yet so there is actual dirt there now!

Tickyboovicki Wed 05-Apr-17 15:54:00

Peach they just asked if I was planning on bf, then asked if I'd been to the bf class which I had. Nothing more!

Northern I avoided my bag for so long! Felt too early to be that organised, although I did make a start with the other half last night. At least if we get rushed in now the baby will have nappies and clothes 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now