Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2017 #11 Not long to go until the first baby shows!

(1000 Posts)
PeachIcedT Fri 24-Mar-17 16:12:40

It only took us two weeks to fill up the last thread!

Link to previous thread #10:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2875150-may-2017-10-to-be-prepared-or-not-prepared

Link to the May data sheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KVJO4NGD6JrcGRGQuYnx87mLaadV5ytrP4lDfdqLrUQ/edit#gid=0

teainbed Fri 24-Mar-17 16:16:51

Marking place! Thank you for the new thread.

Tickyboovicki Fri 24-Mar-17 16:37:50

Place marking! Excited for babies to start arriving!

Second 4 day weekend this weekend (using up annual leave this month to drop to 4 day weeks) and I am exhausted! Started packing up the never used cupboards so I don't have too much to do as I get even bigger (how is that possible?!)
4 days left of work next week, then a weeks annual leave before ML kicks in 😱

newbieho Fri 24-Mar-17 16:38:42

Thank you for the new thread @PeachIcedT

McBaby Fri 24-Mar-17 16:41:30

Thank you for the new thread.

Having had hideous spd since 17 weeks now I'm 34 weeks it has pretty much gone over night as the head has started to engage. So happy not to be in pain today. Just have to hope baby stays out as it is no 3 it can move in and out if pepvis a lot.

This means no induction due to spd and I need to get the home birth team sorted.

Baby is currently estimated to be 5.5lb sky on track for 9lb like dd1!

savagehk Fri 24-Mar-17 17:01:05

Yay McBaby smile How many of us are hoping for home birth this time then?!

1004Rise Fri 24-Mar-17 17:01:57

Well done @PeachIcedT!

Placemarking before going back to the last thread to write down all the box sets I should be looking for grin

Sipperskipper Fri 24-Mar-17 17:11:07

Placemarking.....have fun ladies meeting up tonight!

My box set / series recommendations are:
House of Cards (Netflix)
Breaking Bad (Netflix)
The Wire (Think its still on Netflix)
The Bridge - Danish version, not the American remake! (would need to download)
Line of Duty (BBC - not sure if both series still on iplayer, may need to download)
Mad Men (will need to download)

Had my last day at work today - oddly didn't feel emotional at all! Think I'm just desperately looking forward to six weeks (give or take!) at home pottering before baby arrives!

Hope everyone is feeling well....I have a feeling we will be welcoming the first of the babies on this thread!

EsmesBees Fri 24-Mar-17 17:11:41

Thanks peach!

Excellent news mcbaby. That must be a huge relief.

I don't want a home birth but really hope to get in the birth centre this time. But what will be will be.

Rustler74 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:13:47

Yay! Marking my place whilst waiting for the train that will take me to the meet up x @Badgerbird I'm travelling via London Euston x

LJD0407 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:16:39

Hi I know it's late bit can I join? Due may 16th! 2nd baby D'S is 2 and expecting a little girl! Struggling more and more as the weeks go by! Terrified of giving birth again as my DS wasn't easy! Hope everyone else is ok x

beachsands Fri 24-Mar-17 17:16:42

Haven't posted since about 4 threads ago but still follow and post on the FB page. Nearly April now. Wonder how soon will the first babies appear????? shock

PeachIcedT Fri 24-Mar-17 17:33:33

@McBaby that's fab about your SPD, must feel like such a relief.

Congratulations on your last day @Sipperskipper , now you can have a good rest before baby arrives I hope.

Welcome @LJD0407 , we have very similar due dates, how is the pregnancy going for you?

Rustler74 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:37:14

To come back to boxsets for a moment. Has any of you seen The Outlaws? That was also on Walter Presents. Not sure if still available on 4oD but I would recommend if it is. Belgium is not quite scandi but it is as dark.
Oh and the Harry Potters will be part of my nightly routines undoubtedly smile

coxsorangepippin Fri 24-Mar-17 17:42:11

Have a lovely meet up tonight - I'll skip this one as I'm still at work and then need some urgent sleep...

Badgerbird Fri 24-Mar-17 17:58:02

mcbaby that's great news smile

I'm hoping for hb savage! smile

sipper that's great! Enjoy your time, it's gonna be special smile

Hi ljd and welcome. Are you trying any techniques out to help with the fear of giving birth this time?

Hey rustler have fun! I'm still busy prepping for event tomorrow so can't make tonight unfortunately.

raspberry I watched first few This is Us and really enjoyed so have recorded rest as it's not DH's cup of tea. Gonna save for when I'm up with little one I think smile

Ooooh I have a question!! So it's gonna sound really silly... I'm 31 weeks today, those of you who are around week 34 have you got loads bigger yet??

EsmesBees Fri 24-Mar-17 18:10:15

I'm watching the second season of Jane the Virgin at the minute. It's fabulously silly. But despite its soap opera approach it has the most realistic depiction of what it's like to establish breastfeeding that I've ever seen on telly.

peasandquiet Fri 24-Mar-17 18:15:26

Evening all, hope everyone had a really good weekend. Enjoy the coffee meetup London ladies!

mrscrocopop Fri 24-Mar-17 18:29:38

Just placemarking grin

Sonnet18 Fri 24-Mar-17 18:44:38

Not been on for a while so just dropping by to say hello and hope you're all well! I completely missed the last thread so sorry if I've missed anything important!
7 weeks to go for me!
Wonder whose baby will get here first!

McBaby Fri 24-Mar-17 18:49:52

badger I have got so much bigger in the past 3 weeks. I could do my coat up 3 weeks ago but now I have a 2 inch gap!

savage I have had 2 fast labours of 2 hours then 45 mins and both time me and midwife have only been convinved its labour when the baby is coming out! So I have to have the home birth team ready to come even though I think I would prefer to be in hospital!

Brightsmoke Fri 24-Mar-17 18:54:05

Thanks for the new thread Peach.

I'll be very surprised if my baby doesn't come on this thread, I've been getting really strong and frequent BH tonight, both my mum and nan had their first babies at around 34 weeks, and I'm now 34+2. Part of me hopes it comes, part of me prays it doesn't 😂

Hope you all have a lovely time at the meet up smile

teainbed Fri 24-Mar-17 19:00:55

I'm also 34+2. I look like I've swallowed a basketball. grin

LJD0407 Fri 24-Mar-17 19:12:18

Hi Peachedicetea have had an ok pregnancy thanks. Suffering with sciatica and mild spd so some days better than others (today a bad day as DS decided to chuck water all over the bathroom floor and I managed to do the splits! Ouch!) What about you?
Badgerbird honestly just trying to put if out of my mind. Have asked for a debrief with the hospital for last birth but still waiting to hear. Other than that I want to try for a water birth bur will see what happens! X

nursebickypegs Fri 24-Mar-17 19:15:13

@foxmulder they told me he was a fatty! I am banning the F word.

@RedBlu most medications say that, who prescribed it? I'm not a fan of D.Codiene TBH, I barely use it in my work life and the people who do have it are often off their head! sad

Just got home from driving to Peterborough to get our nursing chair. Long car journeys are exhausting now and I cant wait to get into bed.

also who said that this might be the birth thread? ARGH!

This thread is not accepting new messages.