Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Square one Grads?

(35 Posts)
MotherOfBeagles Mon 20-Mar-17 13:42:22

Hello! Thought I would see if any of our square one graduates were around and wanted a group for antenatal side?

May just be me chatting away to myself grin but shall start!
Age - 27 (I think I always forget)
First child
Due 29-10-17

Not sure what else! Scared nauseas and knackered but looking forward to a sticky bean!

DuRezidal Tue 21-Mar-17 06:53:01

Hello!

Age 34 (yesterday... eeek)
Due my second baby (DD is 5)
Due date - 15/11/17

The only thing I have is sore boobs, and at night I look 20 weeks pregnant! Thankfully it goes down in the morning.

MotherOfBeagles Tue 21-Mar-17 07:40:17

Ah hi durez! Haha bet it's ace seeing a little pregnant pop though?

You managing to keep food down ok?

DuRezidal Tue 21-Mar-17 09:48:50

Yeah not felt sick but I didn't with my last one either.

How are you?

MotherOfBeagles Tue 21-Mar-17 10:07:23

Really stuffy today I swear it's like I'm drinking gallons and it's just turning into snot. Lol sorry tmi!

Also happy birthday!

Who have you told?

DuRezidal Tue 21-Mar-17 11:04:19

We've told family, my daughter and my staff due to the nature of my work. I will have to start telling clients soon though.

MotherOfBeagles Tue 21-Mar-17 12:33:55

My close family knows - not the extended there's hundreds of cousins and aunts lol. One of my work colleagues figured it out and my HR know just in case I miscarried.

Is your little girl excited?

DuRezidal Tue 21-Mar-17 16:02:41

Oh she is so excited and has gone incredibly protective over me, which I find highly amusing. She told me that she had decided I should not be riding the horses because I might fall off (but was then delighted when I came home with two red rosettes).

Russkispy Tue 21-Mar-17 21:03:25

Hi ladies, another grad here,
I'm 41 next month, 27+4 today. Due date 16/06/17. With my first baby. And we're expecting a girl.
Been through different symptoms and now getting massages on my lower back, coccyx and every bum pain. Walk is painful sometimes.
Babi is very active at times especially when I'm inactive.
This week I've got an appointment at my hospital to discuss birth options and also seeing an obstetrician.
28 week scan is next week. I'm also booked for 32 and 36 weeks scan due to my ancient age 🙃
Happy birthday, durez! 💐💐

MotherOfBeagles Wed 22-Mar-17 07:57:25

Ah that's so cute durez. My mum always said I was that way with her when she was pregnant. Chivvying round her. She said it was cute for a month or two and then got old quickly.

Wow russ id forgotten how far along you are! Very exciting! Not the pain bit though, is anything helping? Friends of mine swore by hot water bottles on backs and hips when it got bad.

Russkispy Wed 22-Mar-17 10:07:06

Thanks motherofbeagles. The osteopath told to use hot water bottle every night for 10 minutes on my back. I use a heated lavender bag for longer than and it certainly helps! Highly recommended if you get back pains!

Kiki18 Wed 22-Mar-17 11:35:29

Hey ladies!!

So age - 33
First baby
Due 2/10/17

Just had 12 week scan and very relieved to see a healthy and very wriggly beanie! Already got characteristics of dh - laying with one arm stretched out over head and of myself - feet crossed over right over left. Cried my eyes out after the mmc last pregnancy at 12 weeks poor sonographer kept checking I was happy!

Beagles - I have had a really stuffy nose since around 6 weeks it's like allergies in overdrive! Its driving me nuts although some days are better than others x

MotherOfBeagles Wed 22-Mar-17 12:06:06

Think I might need to invest in on russ my backs killing at work on rubbish office chair.

Hey kiki ah I'm so glad it went well! Exciting to see similarities! Haha I'm sure the sonographer didn't mind nice to have a nice story at work in that job I'm sure. Ugh stuffy nose is horrible, I've read it can last the whole pregnancy though! envy

DuRezidal Wed 22-Mar-17 22:01:42

Lots of stretching for your backs ladies... I had a compression fracture many years ago in my neck and when I was last pregnant I got loads of pain in my SI.

I have regular Physio anyway with what I do, so will keep that up and increase my stretches as I think the more supple I feel the easier my back will be this time.

On another note, I took one of my homebred babies out competing this afternoon and she gained 2nd place and was as sweet as a nut (she is usually a ginger fire breathing dragon!)

MotherOfBeagles Thu 23-Mar-17 10:22:48

Wow durez sounds like you had a crappy time of it. Hope the physics helps. Glad the gee gee behaved lol maybe she knows, my dogs are being totally different around me I swear they can tell!

Stuffy nose is ongoing. Nausea easing a bit. Nipples are so itchy it's going to end up getting embarrassing at work blush

DuRezidal Thu 23-Mar-17 19:52:53

I didn't really, it was probably exacerbated because I was riding 3-4 horses a day right until the day I went into labour.

I will be riding more this time but I am more on top of my Physio etc.

MotherOfBeagles Fri 24-Mar-17 16:19:46

They say whatever is normal is fine in terms of exercise so hopefully you and your physio can keep you tip top.

Had my proper booking appt today. Thought I was going to have it a few weeks ago but it was a health visitor to book the booking in appt? Anyway it was in Tesco!! The bloody pharmacist room lol apparently they struggle for space for all the appts there are so just rent rooms wherever. Currently I'm low risk, early days I know, so happy with that. Got the number to book my dating scan. Rang them at 3.50, close at 4 and they've already gone home! lol I'm so impatient but going to have to wait now.

How's you ladies?

Kiki18 Fri 24-Mar-17 17:22:19

Wow durez I'm impressed you kept riding horses for so long I think I'd be too worried!
I've given up rugby and cricket for the time being as thought​ contact sport not a good idea and too much of a risk getting a hard ball in the belly - really miss activity though.

Beagles - it works differently here I saw the midwife at my GP surgery for booking in appt and the hospital sent me a date and time for dating scan! So much waiting around in pregnancy isn't there!

I'm doing ok starting to look like I've eaten too many pies although starting to have some nausea free periods in the day so hoping that'll ease off!
Still have the skin of an adolescent teenager though and have some odd twinges etc guess as things are growing!
How is everyone else?

DuRezidal Fri 24-Mar-17 17:27:30

@Kiki18 I don't really have much of a choice as it is what I do as a job :-) I have a dressage breeding yard and I compete my own and clients' horses.

I've definitely got a bit of a bloated lower tummy at the moment, it's usually very flat and toned and currently is like a pot belly.

DuRezidal Tue 28-Mar-17 18:32:35

How's everyone feeling?

DuRezidal Wed 29-Mar-17 10:00:36

The scan showed a good sized embryo with a strong heartbeat... so relieved.

Like my previous pregnancy there was a small bleed site so that explains where the spotting has come from.

MotherOfBeagles Wed 29-Mar-17 18:43:43

Ah that's great durez! How far are you now?

I'm feeling very very numb. No feelings or anything. Been totally freaking me out - well not because I don't seem to feel anything. confused

DuRezidal Wed 29-Mar-17 19:15:48

I'm exactly 7 weeks today...

MotherOfBeagles Wed 29-Mar-17 19:20:58

Exciting! How you feeling about it all?

DuRezidal Wed 29-Mar-17 19:55:33

I feel a bit more relaxed about things now I have seen the heartbeat. I found my daughters heartbeat at 7w 5d so hoping this one will be similar and will try with the Doppler next week :-)

How are you feeling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now