Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September #4

(510 Posts)
Frillyhorseyknickers Sun 19-Mar-17 22:45:21

I couldn't see one - hopefully I haven't duplicated...

A weekend of centerparcs and I'm marshmallowed out!!

Fluffywallow Mon 20-Mar-17 05:47:14

Thanks frilly.

Following on from last thread, we didn't find out last time and that was fine but I was quite out of it during and after the birth so barely recall her being born and being told she was a girl - this time I want to enjoy finding out. I don't think there's a right way though, whatever you prefer!

I was really sick last night with some sort of vomiting bug - it was horrible. And very unnerving as the cramps felt so like labour it was unsettling. Had it not stopped I'd have been on the phone to triage! Not 100% this morning and a bit anxious about eating anything so think I'll take the day off work. Not sure I can cope with my insanely busy job feeling like this.

MrsY87 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:48:17

Thanks for the new thread frilly!

Hope you feel better soon fluffy important to take care of yourself more than work. I've also called in sick today, my throat is killing me and I feel like I've got a lot of pressure in my head...think I need a day taking it easy too. So frustrating when you can't take anything to help!

LouLou030783 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:56:18

Place marking

Aww no fluffy hope u feel better soon

oliversmummy26 Mon 20-Mar-17 11:04:50

Placemarking, hadn't seen this thread and started a new one this morning, but have put a message on it and sent everyone here...

Feeling tired and headachey today, my sleep is a joke at the moment, waking around 4 hours after falling asleep for a wee then taking me about an hour to get back to sleep. Then when I do DS starts coughing which last another hour and then another hour until I'm asleep again!

Made it to the pub this weekend though for the rugby and a curry after, though was done in by 8.30pm and we ended up bagging it up and bringing it home...

Very low on symptoms here, though still getting dreadful spots, and just very tired.. oh and weeing all the time and scary very vivid dreams waking me up doesn't help either!

15+1 today though, so time ticking along nicely. Looking forward to our gender scan on Sunday and just hoping that they'll be able to make it out!

Travelgeek Mon 20-Mar-17 11:18:30

Placemarking on the new thread.

Thanks frilly. Hope you feel better soon fluffy.

Rugby and curry sounds good olivers.

Anyone else getting lower back ache towards the end of the day? Its worse if I have to drive long distances or sit in long meetings. Stretching and a hot water bottle help but I didn't expect it until later on in the pregnancy.

oliversmummy26 Mon 20-Mar-17 11:42:05

Yes Travel I'm getting terrible back ache. If I stand for too long, sit for too long, drive for too long or lie on my back for too long! Basically I can't really do anything without getting it! Been using a hot water bottle which really helps.

I had a letter through today saying I'm due a smear test (deep joy!) does anyone know if it's okay to have one when pregnant?

Fluffywallow Mon 20-Mar-17 12:41:26

Thanks ladies, feeling much better than I did - just slept for most of the morning which was much needed.

Olivers - yes to the dreams!!! Sometimes I wake up and fall back into the same nightmare numerous times a night, horrid. Hopefully they pass soon.

Travel - I'm so achy this pregnancy. I find a bath helps (not too hot obvs!) and also not standing for too long. And only 15+3, I dread to think what I'll be like by the end.

Got my growth scan appts through (I'm consultant led because my DD was small and stopped growing at 34 weeks confused) - I'm going to be spending a lot of time with the sonographer!

bellamcpoopants Mon 20-Mar-17 13:11:16

Namechanged (was kep).

Thanks frilly for the new thread. Not been on for a bit. Had scan last week, baby was fast asleep so had to do some jiggling around to get him to stretch out enough to get measurements. Dates not moved so due 23 September and now got to work out what to do about holidays! Have flights booked and would fly back 2 September but BA only allow you to fly until end of 36th week (not sure if that is up to 35+6 or 36+6 - calling them in a bit) and I'd be 37+0 on 2nd. Reluctant to give up my holiday!

Have stopped vomiting every day it now it's just every few days. Hope it goes completely soon.

Am actually off sick today as have really painful sinuses - paracetamol really isn't cutting it! And cannot be off for more than today really as have major deadline on Friday and am a day rate contractor so no work means no pay!

LouLou030783 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:23:31

Olivers the don't generally do when pregnant mine is due next month and I've been told I'll Just get postnataly

londonfeather Mon 20-Mar-17 13:31:27

Just had my 16 week appointment and been told I am rhesus negative which seems alarming when you read the leaflet but I'm hoping isn't too bad. Anyone else rhesus negative?

oliversmummy26 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:55:49

Thanks Lou I'll ask my midwife when I see her next week, but I suspected that would be the case

StarWish1 Mon 20-Mar-17 15:57:50

Hi
Olivers I think they'll postpone it until after.
travel I've had loads of lower backache throughout. Really panicked me during the first trimester as that was one of my mc symptoms in my 1st pregnancy. Still got it most days now at nearly 17 weeks. Find its bad in the car on my way home and the evenings (which I put down to a day of work). Also trying to make myself sleep on my left side but find that I'm really achey down that side when I wake up.

MrsY87 Mon 20-Mar-17 16:01:49

Bella I'm off work with painful sinuses too, I've been sitting with my head over a bowl of boiling water and inhaling the steam which has helped if you haven't tried it already! Hope you feel better soon!

bellamcpoopants Mon 20-Mar-17 16:48:34

London I'm rhesus negative too. The risk isn't in first pregnancies it is in subsequent ones (something along the lines of your body becoming sensitised to the Rhesus factor if you develop antibodies now, which can harm future babies). But that all depends on you developing antibodies this time round which will only happen if baby is rhesus positive and their blood gets into your system somehow. So we get the anti-d injection to protect against the formation of antibodies and if you fall or have anything else happen that could lead to blood mixing you will have extra injections.

All three of mine have been rhesus negative so all of the injections were pointless in my case (typical!), but unless you know that your partner is also rhesus negative then it's worth having them. But nothing to worry about. The injection isn't pleasant but think we now only get one rather than two unless you are incredibly clumsy and fall over lots in late pregnancy

bellamcpoopants Mon 20-Mar-17 16:49:37

MrsY sorry you feel rubbish too. Going to have a steamy bath later. Feeling a bit better but still not great. And the rest of the week is going to be crazy busy after being off today!

bellamcpoopants Mon 20-Mar-17 16:54:32

Travel meant to comment on the last thread about your mat leave travel plans. Definitely go for it! We spent a week travelling through Germany, Switzerland and Liechtenstein when dd was 9/10 weeks old (took ds1 & 2 as well). It was brilliant, and so easy to travel with her (I had a sling, dh had a carrier and I was breastfeeding). And then spent three weeks in France when she was 7 months old.

This time around we will definitely be doing more travelling but not sure where yet, and the limiting factor is dd who will be 20 months when baby is born. I would be happy travelling at any stage (post initial c-section recovery).

We're going to Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia at Easter with the children (again city hopping) so will see how that goes!

Have you thought of where you fancy going? I love travelling so quite happy to indulge in virtual trip planning grin

Fluffywallow Mon 20-Mar-17 16:54:46

Bella and MrsY Hope you both feel better soon flowers

I just sobbed my way through a cheesy rom com - actually probably did me the world of good! Although it won't have helped my hydration grin

londonfeather Mon 20-Mar-17 18:06:08

Thank you Bella. My DH just called up where he gives blood and it turns out he is a negative blood type too so hopefully that means all should be fine! The midwife was in a bit of a rush so I think her rushed approach didn't help... she also kept telling me how my blood type is the most rare it's hard to always be stocked in it, which isn't what you want to hear...

Coreynkayden Mon 20-Mar-17 18:59:50

Im due September 25th smile had my scan today any guesses

Lules Mon 20-Mar-17 20:03:46

I've had backache too. Not as bad as I had right at the beginning though. I had that in my first pregnancy too. I think it's the hormones. Still being sick but I'm a bit better - actually went out for lunch yesterday. I guess if I'm still being sick now it won't stop. It's a long time til September!

Dixiechick1991 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:07:03

Am I a bad person. I love my belly but as soon as I see it bare I just feel like I look bloated and fat rather than "with child" 😭
I mean I wasn't overweight to start with - I had a small waist and was a size 10 but I feel like when I look at myself side on especially I just look fat. Just getting myself down cause I go on holiday In 2 weeks and I don't want people to just think wow look at that heffer 🐮!!

Also, anyone been feeling generally exhausted starving nauseous heartburn rubbish recently haha. All I've done is moan & I hate moaning but I can't Fake a smile!
WHERES MY GLOW?!?!

Travelgeek Mon 20-Mar-17 20:53:56

Ah, my sympathies to everyone auffering fro various afflications. Though it's comforting to hear I'm not the only one falling apart! My back was much better at the weekend and I think it was because I wasn't in one position sitting or standing for a long time but generally pottering about. Dreading a two day meeting with train journeys at either end and an early start tomorrow morning. Might have to pack my hot water bottle!

I'm rhesus negative too. I've not had any indication that it's anything to worry about so long as you have the extra anti-d injections and they do those in case your partner isn't also negative. DH's sisters are so there's a chance he is too. Keep meaning to arrange for him to give blood to find out.

bella those trips sound fab. If I hadn't got pregnant we were going to do 2 weeks in Croatia this summer, so thinking about there. Montenegro is meant to be great too.

Also had a rough idea of packing up the car with baby and dog and getting the ferry over from Hull to Amsterdam and then heading up to Denmark to visit some family and then across to Poland to visit a friend who's moved out there for work and then working our way back though Austria and Switzerland. Would just book air bnb's or log cabin type places and do a mix of cities and mountains/ forests.

If the budget falls short we might try to do a tour around the uk to every national park.

dixie, it is absolutley a baby belly not a cake/pie belly! And who cares what other people think, you know you're growing a human being.

Travelgeek Mon 20-Mar-17 21:12:06

Hmm. Wish we could edit posts. One for all the awful phone typing I do and secondly as I wonder if the trip plan description is a bit outing... Oh well, I guess plenty of people have family and friends all over the world.

turtletum Mon 20-Mar-17 21:23:28

I get mild back ache if I stay in one position too long, so I'm trying to keep moving. I've found yoga is helping. I'd really like to do a little travelling on maternity leave but had dismissed it due to money and our cat ( he's nervous so doesn't take well to long stays at a cattery). Now I'm reconsidering after reading some of your plans, it would be so lovely to have quality family time, even just travelling in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now