Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2017 #10 - To be prepared or not prepared

(992 Posts)
RasperryInAMelon Sat 11-Mar-17 10:02:48

Here's a link to the last thread and photo updates just incase anyone's looking for anything!

Thread 9

Photo Page - Bump Update

I don't have access to a desktop right now though so can't post the link to the GoogleDrive spreadsheet, but it's a few posts down in the previous thread!

Happy chatting!

Teaspoon74 Sat 11-Mar-17 10:14:45

Thanks Rasperry!

mrscrocopop Sat 11-Mar-17 10:40:12

Thanks ☺️

1004Rise Sat 11-Mar-17 10:57:23

Google spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KVJO4NGD6JrcGRGQuYnx87mLaadV5ytrP4lDfdqLrUQ/htmlview#gid=0

What a list! grin

1004Rise Sat 11-Mar-17 10:58:09

DH went out for milk... came back with this gringrin

mightymouse76 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:03:54

Thanks raspberry smile

Im going to try and catch up a bit today.
I've been loving the pooch, fur ball and bump pics!

Sorry TMI
Woken up with awful diahorrea and vomiting (although nothing to throw up). Headache and a bit shivery too.
Baby super active. Guessing I should try not to worry? But can't keep water down yet

stationaryace Sat 11-Mar-17 11:25:02

mighty I had this at the end of last week. Only puked once so spent the day in bed and left my body to it, making sure to drink every time I went to the loo to avoid complete dehydration. If you're being sick multiple times I would call up your OOH and get a doctor to prescribe you something to stop/reduce the vomiting which they should do for you this far along. My SIL had food poisoning around this stage and those pills helped massively (I had it too, thanks to MIL and unwashed salad, but wasn't pregnant then). If it's anything like mine, baby will be enjoying all the extra space which really won't help with the nausea!

Barnes79 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:28:36

Rise - what a lovely DH! --Perhaps he could give my DH a few tips
--
Told my DH about the topics being discussed over the last 24 hours and he laughed at the thought of loads of pregnant women trying to shove their fists in their mouths in the dead of night...blush

mightymouse76 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:41:33

Thanks stationary,
That sounded horrid too.

Pretty sure I got this from a colleague who unbelievably thought it was ok to come to, and stay at work on Thursday despite vomiting all day, and there are two of us in late pregnancy there.

I'm now throwing up more, going to see how I go then might text midwife later if struggling to hydrate as pretty headachey already. I discovered I'm severely allergic to one of the anti emetics during this pregnancy (full body spasms and a trip to A&E at 7 weeks) so have massive fear of them now!

Oh and I have no taps in the bathroom today. Tradesman working on the tiling and taps today. Poor guy keeps on having to evacuate the room as I run through with bucket.
Ugh...

dreamofhungarianlanterns Sat 11-Mar-17 12:15:20

Oh mighty poor you, and with strangers in the house flowers

I was pretty flustered by the chat about potentially having to book a nursery/ childminder a year in advance on our thread a few days ago as don't want to think about it yet... However at work on Thursday we had a service update from the County Early Years team and it seems the impending move from 15 to 30 hours Free Early years Education Entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds of working parents could impact on us ladies. Our County is an early implementer and apparently the available spaces for the launch date in a few months time have already been over subscribed. It may have an impact on childcare sufficiency generally and providers are concerned because FEEE is set at a lower hourly rate than most private rates and providers are not allowed to ask parents to top up to a rate that allows for staff training etc. I'm sure those of you already using childcare will have a view on rates etc but colleague said there are potential knock on effects for standards and quality (which is their job to sort out and will no doubt be being fed back to central government). I asked colleague after the meeting how worried I/ we should be and she said not to panic, for me to have the baby and then go and see her for a coffee and chat when I'm ready. So I guess those of you that have made plans to visit settings already are on a good track and those of us that didn't want to think about this for quite some time might decide to start looking a little earlier than planned. Anyone can ring their Local Authorities Early Years or equivalent team and their websites can sometimes set you on the right track too. Grrr don't want to think about this!!

dreamofhungarianlanterns Sat 11-Mar-17 12:20:13

Sorry, I should add the discussion above applies to FEEE in England but depending where you are some of the potential effects might be similar

MrsJW15 Sat 11-Mar-17 12:35:00

Oh Mighty poor you! And how annoying of the colleague. The girl I sit next to struggled through all week with a cold which didn't impress me as I really don't want to catch it!

RasperryInAMelon Sat 11-Mar-17 12:39:47

@mightymouse76 that sucks - massive hugs, hope you feel better flowers

1004Rise Sat 11-Mar-17 12:41:11

Awww mighty feel better soon!!

Barnes he is, but he knew he had to fortify me for a day of house clearing so it was probably a smart move wink

Rustler74 Sat 11-Mar-17 13:00:02

Place marking x

teainbed Sat 11-Mar-17 13:16:06

Found you!

EsmesBees Sat 11-Mar-17 13:24:33

Thanks for the new thread.

teainbed Sat 11-Mar-17 13:25:22

mighty that sounds so grim, hope it passes soon. So selfish of your colleague. angry

MissMooMoo Sat 11-Mar-17 13:37:07

Place marking

peasandquiet Sat 11-Mar-17 13:43:15

👋🏻 happy weekends all!

Brightsmoke Sat 11-Mar-17 14:03:17

Thanks for the new thread. To add to the MM discussion, I like all flavours 😋

My lovely fur baby has a poorly leg today sad took him out yesterday and might have overdone it, keeping him quiet today as it seems to be muscular, but if not better by tomorrow he's off to the vets sad

Picture of him and his brother ❤️

Woke up to my first stretch marks today, not impressed!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone smile

Teaspoon74 Sat 11-Mar-17 14:11:14

Rise bleurgh ;)

Mighty poor you!! Keep taking in whatever fluid you can. Does ginger ever help you? Camomile tea? Lemon and honey? Warm ribena? Whatever helps and stays in. Is OH around and able to et you some of the hydration pack things they sell at the chemist for when you've been ill? Right to call MW if it goes on though. No use taking chances!!

Barnes - mine too!! (Re fist in gob)

Dream -thanks for the advice re childcare. Feels like a long long way away but you're right, need to start getting it sorted.

Big news - think we've decided and sorted our car problem!! Our 10yo, dirty old mini has been playing up. Plus no isofix fixings. So we've bitten the bullet and bought a Disco!! Eek. Proper grown up big car. Should get it in 2 weeks.

nursebickypegs Sat 11-Mar-17 14:18:01

Will catch up later but for now...

Sipperskipper Sat 11-Mar-17 14:40:05

Place marking with a picture of my best mate. Completely unsure how he will react to baby! He loves toddlers & children (food covered hands, running around, wrestling!) and has met a few very young babies - he's very interested & desperate to lick them! He's not a cuddly / fuss type dog (never wants to sit on our laps or anything, just likes being in same room) so really can't see him getting jealous. But don't know what he will think!

Teaspoon74 Sat 11-Mar-17 15:03:30

Nursey #nomnomnom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now