Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2017 #9 3rd trimester!

(960 Posts)
Rustler74 Mon 27-Feb-17 10:10:20

Hello all! Now to find a way to guide you to the new thread...

MissMooMoo Mon 27-Feb-17 10:25:25

Place marking

CinnamonTwist Mon 27-Feb-17 10:25:42

Thanks for the new thread Rustler smile
I'm off work 'sick' today, feeling like a bit of a twit as I overdid it yesterday and have made my back so painful I can barely walk 🙄 confined to the sofa with strict instructions from DH not to do anything, while his lovely parents are painting our nursery for us... and enforcing the 'do nothing' rule!

1004Rise Mon 27-Feb-17 10:30:10

Thanks rustler, can't believe how quickly we fill these up!

Cinnamon wise words, make the most of it! Hope you have a good book or some good box sets!

MrsJW 31 weeks oh dear! Definitely prefer the pregnancy discomfort over that! <pretends not to be in mild panic over unpacked hospital bag> wink

RasperryInAMelon Mon 27-Feb-17 10:32:19

Thanks for starting the new thread Rustler

Just incase... link to the last thread Thread 8

and the May 2017 data sheet May 2017

newbieho Mon 27-Feb-17 10:33:24

10 weeks to go for me according to mothercare newsletter 😲 <panic mode on>.

Cinnamon enjoy "do nothing" rule smile

vanilla8 Mon 27-Feb-17 10:38:32

Hi all,

Another thread already grin

Haven't had a recurrence of my pain under rib and shoulder in the last few days thankfully. Although I'm another one who over did it on the weekend (painting fitted wardrobes) and feeling sore today in my lower back.

I seem to have lots more energy in the last week or two and have only the odd day of feeling crap, which is a bonus! However I am another one not enjoying being pregnant and would like it to be over!

Must start this week gathering the stuff for hospital bag!

lucieloos Mon 27-Feb-17 10:43:02

Place marking

Rustler74 Mon 27-Feb-17 10:43:47

Poor Cinnamon x I hope we can keep you company well with our fast moving thread grin
Thank you Raspberry, I had no clue how to do those links.
We should now be moving into our third trimester all.

I have thought about it long and hard, and even if I have had a fair few complications, I am still enjoying being pregnant as in, love feeling baby move and having the anticipation etc. It helps that my Oh is really excited and happy too, and he's very helpful, gradually taking on more tasks I can't seem to fulfill anymore. I'm pretty sure that once baby is here, I'll have forgotten about the downsides of back pain, SPD and shortness of breath, surely right! (Trying to convince myself here, help!)

McBaby Mon 27-Feb-17 10:57:22

Another one who did too much this weekend! So sore today on the sofa frying to do nothing while watching my 2 year old! iPad and crisps are working well for a few minutes of sitting still.

MrsJW15 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:06:50

I know Rise, we are not ready at all!

Just been to the GP who will give me a fit to fly letter. Hopefully BA will be fine with it and let me fly Friday.

Baby's movements over the weekend were definitely different from last week. I think maybe s/he's flipped and is transverse. Much less comfortable!

MrsJW15 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:07:19

Hugs to those Who are resting today. Take it easy!

FoxMulder Mon 27-Feb-17 11:09:04

Yeah, that's it mighty. Directed pushing is just when they tell you to push, rather than going with your instincts. It's a bit like having a poo...you just know. And you don't need a load of strangers standing around staring at your bits and telling you off for doing it wrong <scowls at memory>. Feckin epidural.

Having said that, I think giving birth is really cool and I can't wait to do it again. I'm really looking forward to it.

I am fairly happy with pregnancy atm. Sure, I can never get comfortable and nothing fits, but I love my bump. It's so round!

RasperryInAMelon Mon 27-Feb-17 11:24:19

I also meant to post a link to the photo thread Rustler created for those pictoral updates!

Photo Page - Bump Updates smile

Adventuregame Mon 27-Feb-17 11:43:54

It's my last week at work this week ! Exciting at the same time as scary ! I can't wait to be able to rest and sleep longer but iy will feel strange not to be at the office.
Feel like we're almost ready - got the pram, car seat, moses basket etc.
Just waiting for the bathroom to be ripped out and replaced which isn't happening until April 6th (gulp) !!

KLane Mon 27-Feb-17 11:50:49

Anyone else starting to look at nurseries for post-mat leave? I was shocked when I called two nearby, to be told that we've perhaps left it too long- for May 2018! We visited both on Friday and one of the two even told us they will waive the wait list admin fee as it's unlikely we'll get a spot. I know there are other alternatives and I'm sure we'll have to explore them, but I used to work at a nursery and I rather have my heart set on it. DH nearly choked when he saw the fees! It's very strange to have to be doing this before the baby is even born.

savagehk Mon 27-Feb-17 12:01:51

klane we didn't, but we aren't in an area with that much demand. TBH, I felt uncomfortable with a nursery for a 6 month old (when I went back part time) so for us it was childminder or au pair, and au pair made much more sense in our case. I know some people think nurseries are safer though. I intend on an au pair again this time - in fact we still have one for our older child, but will need a 'new' one by the time I'm returning to work.

coxsorangepippin Mon 27-Feb-17 12:20:57

We visited a couple of nurseries before Christmas and there was no pressure then to join waiting lists - you're making me think I should get back in touch and check again!

Brightsmoke Mon 27-Feb-17 12:42:21

Checking into the new thread smile

Hungarian, I used to have a new forest pony, love them! What a lovely memory for you smile

MrsJW, I've found my bump clothes don't fit over my bump anymore, it's really annoying isn't it!

I've pretty much packed my hospital bag. Me and DH are off for a weekend away, and I knew if it wasn't packed, baby would definitely make an early appearance! Snacks and drinks all purchased and ready too smile Booked our tour of the hospital yesterday too, so looking forward to that!

Hope everyone who's over done it this weekend or just generally feeling rubbish are able to rest up a bit!

PeachIcedT Mon 27-Feb-17 12:47:28

KLane I viewed 2 last week. One was unable to confirm if they'd have space for next year as they fill spaces as and when they become available. So not sure that being on a waiting list would help to make sure of a place. The other had a much more relaxed approach - I realised once I got home and looked at how expensive it was that they probably don't have the same demand. It feels mad to be looking pre-baby, and filling in forms with baby's name as baby 'surname'.

dreamofhungarianlanterns Mon 27-Feb-17 12:49:19

Adventure I feel for you - just got bathroom back after 4 weeks of having to go down to the formally outside loo in the middle of the night. I would seriously consider a bucket in the spare room if you're having yours done in April!!

MissMooMoo Mon 27-Feb-17 12:52:23

I had a horrible night of sleep last night.
I woke up around 2 for a wee and just could not get comfortable again. Had really bad heartburn and acid reflux/felt like being sick. Finally drifted off again at about 4:30 for 2 more hours.

Today I have a horrible headache and I can't figure out if its becauss I didn't sleep enough or if its from my blocked nose. Going to try and have a lie down this afternoon at the same time the little one I mind does.

I really hope its not my blood pressure! Its always borderline.

Sauvignonismysaviour Mon 27-Feb-17 12:53:47

Wow these threads move so quickly!

Can't remember who was asking on the previous thread sorry but hypnobirthing classes are over £300 in our area. The times offered didn't really suit plus we are starting NCT soon and have stepkids every weekend so time and money are even more valuable.

After a bit of research I've signed up to the Natal Hypnobirthing online course which was £97. I'm sure it's no substitute for doing a face to face class but the content looks good. I will let you know how I am getting on with it.

Can't remember what I wanted to ask now, I think I better go away and panic about nurseries instead!

dreamofhungarianlanterns Mon 27-Feb-17 13:25:27

MissMoo poor you sounds pants. For anyone who feels like they should have shares in a pharmaceutical company I have switched from Gaviscon oral suspension for heartburn to Galpharm - think it's one of those 'unbranded' things that is basically the same - £1.69 for 150ml from Home Bargains. It seems to do the job, slightly thicker than Gaviscon but less than half the price.

FoxMulder Mon 27-Feb-17 13:26:00

No way can I be thinking about childcare in over a year's time just yet. I can't picture life in 3 months time, let alone over a year from now. I don't even know if I'll go back to work at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now