Talk

Advanced search

Did anyone have an amino / cvs after high odds for a problem , told your baby was ok and it wasn't ?

(5 Posts)
imjessie Fri 24-Feb-17 15:30:49

That's it really , I wondered if I was he only one . I can give details if anyone replies and is in a similar boat .

imjessie Fri 24-Feb-17 22:22:23

Bump

Catherinebee85 Sat 25-Feb-17 19:30:50

I was told everything is fine after my CVS but I'm not due until August. Have you had bad news? Hope you're ok? Didn't want to read and run xx

imjessie Sun 26-Feb-17 15:14:59

Hi yes I'm fine , I didn't want to scare any pregnant women hence not writing on any threads already . My son is 5.5 so I've accepted our position but just wondered if anyone was in the same boat ..?

Gingerbreadmam Tue 28-Feb-17 14:42:21

yes and no really.

i had an amnio just passed 20 weeks with my son. at the 20 week scan we discovered he had one leg significantly shorter than the other. It was fixed in a flexed position at the knee,missing the fibula and he had bilateral club feet as well as scoliosis.

They didnt know what the condition was (however a quick google diagnosed it as pffd). i had the amnio to check for chromosome problems and we had some basic genetics done as well.

what they could see were the only problems. amnio came back clear.

my son died in utero and was delivered stillborn at 27 weeks (i was induced as his death was discovered on a routine scan).

post mortem results concluded he had pffd but could see no reason as to why he died. PFFD is certainly not linked to stillbirth. So i dont know if there was something there that they didnt identify?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now