Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2017 #3: scans galore!

(249 Posts)
Sparklyuggs Mon 20-Feb-17 22:06:04

On our third thread already smile

whoateallthejaffacakes Mon 20-Feb-17 22:24:29

latest list:
26th July
pancakesandmaplesyrup

28th July
sparklyuggs
hrfvenia

30th July
letmehaveabloodyname
chicken86

31st July
sandsandwiches

1st August
claralane
holz657
muntrock

2nd August
blink1982
FlaminFlamingo99
kezmarie
drewob0
jan2014m2b
thisismee
bryonie2017
brainfried1986

3rd August
loubella11
thesnuggleisreal
intothewoods84

4th August
yolorolo
goingtoinfinity
choccyteapot
timefor2

5th August
sociallyacceptablecookie
erneyandagnes

6th August
fuzzinmybrain
bellybean
mrsg280516

7th August
madamewoods86
thenorthernluce
firsttimer12345

8th August
fieldsandgrasses (twins)
mulderitsmex
oatybiscuits

9th August
whoateallthejaffacakes
alexnorthernireland1
icelemongin
scatterbrainedlass
wantingbaby
heatherbaby

10th August
sockgnome
dryice
Lizzielicious
tmi26

11th August
airyfairy1991
lixon
loulabelle1990
llemma
bernardsarenotalwayssaints

12th August
cocochops
watchingitallagain
furo
sickrose
watermelon2016
nicnic1986

13th August
justtrixie
stinkbaby
skipskip85

14th August
mistletoeprickles
zelda91

15th August
hn42
yolkybokey

16th August
writerwannabe83
rainydayzandmondays13
mustbethursday
zigazigahh

17th August
justmumr
user1480930113
namelessninja
spink
nocryinginengineering

18th August
glasgowgeorgie
sara237
catherinebee85

19th August
itsalwayssunny
firsttimer144
cadihaf
rosel27
clevername

20th August
oggy88
londonskylar

21st August
thirdthoughts
onlymrsmac
blueiguana
teamlentilq
alphon5e
kirstyinnorway

22nd August
spacecats3
lynseyc83
fudgecrackers

23rd August
allthedinosaurs
lapin387

24th August
tirednick
flashaaaah
littlemisssunshine33
thundermouse
pisghetti

25th August
nicky883
butterybollocks
dixiechick1991

26th August
rocco87
thatsalovelybush
okydoke

27th August
denna81
mmmmalbec
trenzalor

28th August
amber9083
scottishlady7
starmist

29th August
bluesdetoi
herewegoagain31
lucylou1234
westynottingham

30th August
dizzydaisylou
hellsbellsk
titihood
slpro

edd tbc
alpacarabbit
gemgems2214
lunalovepud
superc3228
heatherxo
stormcloud10
loobylou0226
misst2095
jasperpotato
catherinebee85
safarisunsets

OkyDoke Mon 20-Feb-17 22:28:48

Placemarking! Thanks for the new thread!

WantingBaby1 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:12:01

Thanks for the new thread!

How does everyone feel about bras? Are you buying underwired? Does it make any difference? I'm reluctant to let go of my underwired tshirt bras but does the wire and padding interfere with milk supply? I'm 16 weeks hmm

Lapin387 Tue 21-Feb-17 07:26:18

If the bra fits correctly so that the wire sits on the ribcage rather than breast tissue, I can't see anatomically how it could interfere.

llemma Tue 21-Feb-17 07:51:52

Thanks for the new thread! I'm having the same dilema wantingbaby1, my boobs are naturally a G cup (and thankfully haven't got much bigger yet. I need to buy some bras that are bigger in the back but am loathed to give up underwire support

OkyDoke Tue 21-Feb-17 08:34:19

Im still wearing underwire at the moment as well as sports bras. I will buy some maternity/nursing bras soon though.

MustBeThursday Tue 21-Feb-17 08:46:22

On the bra front, I never actually went back to underwired after having DD nearly 3 years ago blush I'm back in my bigger nursing bras again, but even they are a bit small in the cups now.

Wanting if do want to switch to non wired I got some padded non wired tshirt bras from M&S quite early on when I was pregnant with DD and they probably still do similar - but I was literally just coming out of a B cup back then and didn't need much support!

Thanks firsttimer for travel insurance advice in the last thread!

Sparklyuggs Tue 21-Feb-17 09:30:49

My boobs grew by three sizes in 12 weeks shock I'm sticking with underwired for the moment as my boobs feel so heavy but I might switch closer to the time.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 21-Feb-17 09:40:24

Hi all! Thank you for the new thread.

This week I shall be attempting not to murder dh who has decided that as he's on holiday he'll decorate the hall...with all four dc at home.

Denna81 Tue 21-Feb-17 12:11:52

Thanks for the New Thread Sparkly!

llemma I am also a G cup and got a really comfy maternity bra from amazon because I kept going without around the house as the underwire/back was digging in and I don't want my boobs to be at my knees by the time baby is here. It's not as supportive as wires but better than the average non wired bras i've had.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005XFQAN8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforum-21

MrsG280516 Tue 21-Feb-17 12:29:20

Yay new thread! Busy week for me this week, 16 week appointment with the midwife tomorrow and quadruple blood tests on Friday.

Bryonie2017 Tue 21-Feb-17 14:59:45

Thanks for the bra reccomendation denna81 I'm a G too and I lothe bra shopping!

lynseyc83 Wed 22-Feb-17 08:24:03

Thanks for new thread - 14 weeks now still feeling exhausted and sick- hoping it will
Pass soon loads of decorating to do

LondonSkylar Wed 22-Feb-17 09:39:13

Thanks for the new thread!

On the bra topic: I'm still on my usual bras but need to get some maternity ones fairly soon... Have looked at M&S but are there any other brands that you'd recommend?

Also, maternity wear.... Where does one get the best basics (jeans, tops, t-shirts) stuff? Grateful for any advice!! So far I've looked at TopShop and H&M :-)

WantingBaby1 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:54:25

Thanks for the bra advice ladies!

Really maternity clothes - the best I've found have been these:

Dorothy Perkins - office-wear work dresses, jeans (over bump)

H&M - seam-free leggings

George - cheap leggings that don't fall down

Boohoo do some nice strappy tops too, not maternity but fitted over bust and then floaty over tummy, so I've found them lovely for flattering the bump.

MrsG280516 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:17:18

I've had my maternity stuff from a few different places. Really recommend H&M - especially if you can get stuff in the sale. Their nursing bras are comfy too and cheap compared to M&S.

Leggings - Asda George do two pairs for £12 and they're so comfy and not see through at all.

Jeans - New Look over bump are the best imo.

Tops/dresses - Asos have some up trumps for me but I would go a size down to what you normally get as they're quite baggy. I also got some under bump jeggings from Asos but they're in my normal size and are fit okay around the legs but then they fall down as I walk. I'd go with over bump for that reason.

Heatherbaby Wed 22-Feb-17 14:21:17

Place marking. Thanks for the new thread sparkly.

I really need to invest in some maternity leggings, tights and trousers. I'm on leave before my new job starts so sitting around at home on most days in my PJs and i think im getting too used to it! Thanks for the tipssmile

TMI26 Wed 22-Feb-17 15:32:48

Is anyon else absolutely starving all the time? I suddenly get super hungry and need food NOW-it fees like my day is structured around when I will get my next fix!

WantingBaby1 Wed 22-Feb-17 16:30:39

I'm the same @tmi! (Quite enjoying not worrying about it for once in my life tbh!)

thenorthernluce Wed 22-Feb-17 16:53:45

I go through ravenous phases, when I'm hungry every 90 mins or so. I find eating smaller meals really frequently suits me best on those days. I'm mostly relaxed about the extra calories, but do have some days when I just can't help feel slightly negative about how much I'm eating, esp as my BMI was 27 before pregnancy, and maintaining that was very hard for me (previously morbidly obese). But I'm mostly fine and feel like I'm fuelling myself properly. Such complex emotions!

On the clothes front, ASOS maternity trousers are a godsend for work at this stage, though I'm not sure they'll see me through to the end of my pregnancy as I can't see them expanding to accommodate a 36 week bump! I'm still in my usual tops, but I bought a couple of Mamalicious tops which are so soft and comfy, so I'll probably explore those further as I get bigger and my usual tops won't do. I'm trying to keep my expenditure down, so any suggestions are gratefully received!

WantingBaby1 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:10:53

Just found out we're having a little girl! So excited smile

Heatherbaby Wed 22-Feb-17 20:20:21

Aww how lovely wanting! Another pink! Think we will have to edit the running list jaffa to keep a note of whether we are expecting blues pinks or yellows for now smile

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not but considering I am exactly 16 weeks now I haven't put on any weight. I have been suffering with nausea that effects my appetite but I don't throw my food up anymore. But surely the actual baby matter should weigh quite a bit by now?

MrsG280516 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:38:43

Yay for joining the pink club Wanting!

Heather I think it's quite normal if you've had a lot of sickness to not put anything on for a while. At 16 weeks baby still weighs less than 100g and with the uterus and placenta it's probably less than 5-6lbs. I've gained 8lbs when I last weighed myself at 15 weeks but I've had zero sickness and have just been a bit of a pig tbh!

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Wed 22-Feb-17 22:46:39

Ahhhh new thread!!! Thank you!! Congrats to those who have found out their babies sex,im undecided if i actually want a surprise (found out with the other two) im impatient!! My 20week scan is on the 8th march so not long now. Baby is wriggling gently inside and im starting to get quite uncomfy in bed as i cant sleep on my front as normal. At least i can poo again
...hurrah!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now