Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

May 2017 #8....... Bumps, Bargains and Baby Clothes

(975 Posts)
RasperryInAMelon Wed 08-Feb-17 10:35:37

Here goes thread #8 shock

Hello to all! If anyone is just joining us - please add your details on the spread sheet of EDD's...

May 2017

Also a link to the last thread Thread7

Adventuregame Wed 08-Feb-17 10:44:02

Place marking

teainbed Wed 08-Feb-17 10:45:04

Signing in.

Rustler74 Wed 08-Feb-17 10:45:52

Present! Place marking!

ShiniBerry Wed 08-Feb-17 11:02:27

Place marking!

ShiniBerry Wed 08-Feb-17 11:05:07

Adventure it's fast (overnight usually for 8-10 hours), draw blood, give you lucozade/sugary drink (they asked me to finish drinking it in 5 min), wait 1 hour and draw blood, wait another hour and draw blood again.

Adventuregame Wed 08-Feb-17 11:07:38

They definitely didn't tell me to have a blood test before the drink. I'm supposed to fast overnight, drink the lucozade at home in the morning then make my way to the hospital within the 2 hours to have a blood test ? Will read up tonight as midwife did give me an info sheet with the blood form.

jennymac31 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:08:05

Place marking!

Rustler74 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:22:59

Oops I DID get instructions.

jennymac31 Wed 08-Feb-17 11:43:00

My sister-in-law just found out she's expecting a baby boy so my baby boy will have a play mate when he arrives 6 weeks after my due date. Very excited now.

newbieho Wed 08-Feb-17 11:54:38

Welcome in the new thread!

beanandturnip Wed 08-Feb-17 12:16:25

Thank you for GTT info ladies. I have to do the sit and wait. It's a week tomorrow my test. I only need it because my dad has recently been diagnosed 😩

My friend has been for her 2nd 20wk scan today and they still can't see the bottom of the spine. But they have found out that baby is a girl 💜 Exciting! She has to go back again tomorrow for a 4d scan so they can see the bottom of spine. She is due 15days after me ...June baby.

I have started with high emotions this week, anything and everything is making me cry! Anybody else feeling this way?

Badgerbird Wed 08-Feb-17 12:45:56

Just incase you missed it peach smile

peach I believe it's magnesium rather than calcium for cramp. There is a magnesium spray you could try, not sure if ok when pregnant though so best check. Also apparently stretches before bed helps....

Badgerbird Wed 08-Feb-17 12:49:33

Just had 2nd nanny agency interview and finish my job of 10 years tomoz. Strange week. Not how I imagined my life at 6 months pregnant a couple of months ago! Life keeps us on our toes eh!confused

mrspage1985 Wed 08-Feb-17 13:44:55

Oops missed new thread and just posted this on previous

Looking at these charts - does anyone know about this one? Midwife did it at my 24week check up, but didn't tell me she was doing it and I didn't really realise until I saw her marking the paper.
Am I right in thinking this is the height of baby?
I was 23.6 when I went so at 90% for 24 weeks? X

savagehk Wed 08-Feb-17 13:51:57

(answered on prev thread)

That's your bump measurement - same thing we're talking about. Rule of thumb is 1cm per week. (Not sure what the first word with 's' is on yours). Mine is allegedly 'personalised' based on various factors, judging by what's written on the chart - think it's spat out after the 12 or 20 w scan.

They'll probably be happy if you're vaguely following a line, but if you suddenly shoot up/drop will want a scan to check if baby's OK or if you have too much/little fluid.

KLane Wed 08-Feb-17 13:52:22

Wonder how many threads we'll have by the end of May at this rate? Exciting!

We've just booked to attend the Excel baby show on the Sunday. Thanks ShiniBerry for the ticket link! For those that have been, is it worth waiting to buy something like the car seat there (for a discount)? We know we want the Kiddy Evo Luna i-size, and they are exhibiting. But would they stock such a bulky item at the show? Also wanting to check out the slings and the many other shiny items that surely we don't need, but will get suckered into buying (#FirstTimers)

Acorncat Wed 08-Feb-17 13:57:19

I'm getting a GTT too, looks like lots of us are. Mine is the fasted bloods, lucozade then 2 hour wait then more bloods. I check my blood sugar every month or so so I did my own test at home and it was fine so fingers crossed for the official one next week.

My last birth was fairly straight forward. Mild contractions all day, went to bed and woke about 3am with worse ones. Put my tens on and curled up in the dark listening to my hypnobirthing for a while, tried a bath and had some food. Waters went about 6am and contractions every 3 mins so phoned maternity ward. Mad dash to wake DH, get packed and finally got out the door after 7. Arrived at hospital fully dilated and straight in pool after being examined. Unfortunately I just couldn't push his head out after an hour or so so back out pool for episiotomy and out he shot. Born about 3 hours after arriving at hospital. Didn't bother with pain relief, apart from local for getting stitched up.

Apart from a bit of a panic at the end it was all good. Keeping calm is key i think, but very difficult when the pain ramps up!

MissMooMoo Wed 08-Feb-17 13:58:32

Checking in

EsmesBees Wed 08-Feb-17 13:59:40

Thanks for the new thread Raspberry

savagehk Wed 08-Feb-17 14:01:39

klane I've not bought anything big from a baby show but have been to a tool show before, and they have the bulky stuff there, but you don't walk out with it on the day IYSWIM, you pay for it and it is delivered later. Might work like that? I remember the baby show we went to had one stand with a massive selection of prams, but only one of each (display model?!).
Smaller items (slings, toys, breast pumps, bottles) you tend to walk out with.

Rustler74 Wed 08-Feb-17 14:12:01

Apparently there's Emma's diary shop and drop, where you can drop larger items you bought to pick them up later or to arrange home delivery (at extra charge)
http://thebabyshow.co.uk/excel/emmas-diary-shop-drop

savagehk Wed 08-Feb-17 14:15:26

Also worth taking along drinks/snacks if they let you. Lots of walking around and (in my experience) lots of queues at the cafes and not enough seating.

RasperryInAMelon Wed 08-Feb-17 14:19:59

Carrying on from the last thread Rose I'm getting my hospital bag packed in the next few weeks scarily... all women in my family have never gone full term apart from my Gran who went 2 weeks over.

It seems the norm for us to pop anywhere from 26-35 weeks normally so I'd rather be prepared - although feeling a little nervous about our holiday at 30 weeks now! shock

CinnamonTwist Wed 08-Feb-17 15:02:16

Thanks for the new thread Raspberry we seem to be going through them at a rate of knots - I can't keep up with you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now