Talk

Advanced search

12weeks

(3 Posts)
user1819 Fri 27-Jan-17 19:53:35

So I'm exactly 12weeks as far as I know today, going for my 12 week scan on Monday. Which I'm incredibly nervous for confused..

But I went to my first antenatal class today and she asked me if i wanted her to try and find my babies heartbeat.. I said yes, but unfortunately couldn't find anything.. I felt so down and It's made me more nervous for Monday now.. sad she did try and reassure me and tell me the baby is either in an awkward position or too smallconfused..

Is it normal not to find the heart beat at around 12 weeks?

(First baby)

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sat 28-Jan-17 09:47:32

Yes! I've never had them even look for it with a doppler before 16 weeks! Tbh I find it odd she offered as it's incredibly difficult to find at this stage, baby is still fairly tiny & has lots of room to hide.

If you're anything like me you'll still be worrying until Monday but I hope I've reassured you a little flowers

user1819 Sun 29-Jan-17 23:50:17

Iam incredibly scared! Tomorrow is the day I guess that will give me answers , I just hope the right onesblush

Absolutely terrified, but excited at the same time!

Thankyou everyone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now