Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diasy foundation courses

(12 Posts)
Johno85 Wed 25-Jan-17 10:42:19

Hi. I'm coming up to 17 weeks and am planning to either book an NCT course (£195) where I live in Bristol/Somerset or am interested in the Daisy Foundation Programme. They do an exercise/yoga course and an antenatal one.

Any info/advice would be great

Thanks smile

Johno85 Wed 25-Jan-17 10:43:04

Would also help if I could spell DAISY!

Shwighty1 Wed 25-Jan-17 19:22:14

I did one with ds1 it was great, I had a home birth and managed without g&a until about 9cm. Just using the visualisations and movements that I'd learned in the active birthing bit. I'd highly recommend it

Johno85 Wed 25-Jan-17 20:54:12

Thanks shwighty. That's an amazing effort!

user1485196412 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:04:50

I did daisy birthing before my second. It was amazing. My first birth was not good at all, and left me pretty traumatised. I decided to do Daisy before my second to try to get over that. The relaxation and visualisation really helped. I bought a hypnobirthing cd from amazon too. The two together I'm sure made a huge difference. I had my baby 45 minutes after arriving at hospital as it had been so manageable at home, and the birth was amazing. Also only needed gas and air. I would definitely go for it! Good luck!

user1485196412 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:11:06

Forgot to say the cd I used was the Maggie Howell one - you can get it on Amazon. I also got the birth music cd from the same range. Can't recommend them enough!

MoonlightMojitos Wed 25-Jan-17 22:39:55

Johno! I love how you keep popping up lol how you getting on?! I'm booked on to a daisy course starting in March. The nct one near me for my dates was 2 whole Saturdays which I thought sounded a bit intense and was over £200. I've also heard things about nct being hit and miss depending on the teacher, although I suppose this is the same no matter the provider. The daisy one was £67 for 6 weeks instead (an hour and half each week) so I thought for that price it's worth a go. A few people on my due dates thread did one before and said it was good. The teacher has already sent me a link to a private Facebook group for members and said she will set up a WhatsApp group when we start to all keep in touch so that sounds like a nice touch to me and a good start.

ispymincepie Wed 25-Jan-17 22:44:02

I found Daisy classes really helpful. I had a home birth with no pain relief whatsoever as I was so chilled we didn't even get round to calling the midwife!

Johno85 Fri 27-Jan-17 07:00:49

Thanks ladies for all this great info. moonlight my love, how far along are you now? Can you send me some info about the one you're going to as you're local to me. When's your due date again? Mine is 7.7.17 xxx

PotteringAlong Fri 27-Jan-17 07:06:15

I will add another side - I did a daisy birthing course when I was pregnant with my first and it was useless. The instructor just read from sheets of paper all the time, basically giving the impression she didn't know what she was talking about. Her personal bias (anti breastfeeding, pro natural 3rd stage) came through at every single point and there was nothing useful about it at all.

MoonlightMojitos Fri 27-Jan-17 17:09:24

johno I've pm'd you the details smile. I'm 22 weeks now. So glad to see your doing well too and not far behind!

pottering oh dear that doesn't sounds good. It does seem to depend on who you get with so many of these classes, fx I get a good one.

Johno85 Sat 18-Feb-17 08:36:41

Hey mojito. Just wondered how your daisy term is going? I went to a free taster session near me and really enjoyed it. Just decided whether to sign up and which term as this next one starts very soon. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now