Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2017-come one come all!

(991 Posts)
Stickaforkinimdone Thu 19-Jan-17 20:15:14

Am I the first one here?! Positive pregnancy test yesterday
Baby number 2 ETA 1st october
Do come and join me!

donkey86 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:42:25

Hi!

Depending on which online calculator I use I'm getting due dates of 27-Sep to 1-Oct. I was going to join the September thread but it's already so busy and people seem a lot further on (I know mostly only a couple of weeks but at this stage two weeks is seeming like a lot...)

This will be my first and, to be honest, I'm pretty scared. My husband is taking it entirely in his stride which is odd, as beforehand I'd have said I was the one who wanted this more but now it's happening it's all a bit much for me!

When will you make your first dr appt? I assume it's a bit early to be ringing up yet? I only found out two days ago.

Presh88 Thu 19-Jan-17 21:50:14

Hi, I think I belong here too! Due date approx 30th September but definitely agree with feeling I belong more in this group - also found out two days ago. AF is due tomorrow so looking forward to getting past this weekend 😊
I've actually already made a GP appt for next Friday - no idea what it will be about but seemed like the logical thing to do! Felt strange telling the receptionist as she was the first person to say congratulations haha.
My husband is being very cautious and trying to keep me from getting carried away and overexcited - this will be our first too and although I've been off the pill since October this was our first 'proper' month of trying so all happened quite quickly!

Nimisha Fri 20-Jan-17 18:09:19

Hi all,
My edd is 27th September but I feel like I should be here, I found out on Sunday at 12 dpo. Number 3 for me. I was pregnant last year, didn't get round to joining the boards as I was worried I would miscarry and I did. Bloody self fulfilling prophecy.

So power of positivity this time, it's all going to be fine and I'm jumping in early. I am half convinced there might be twins in there (my dd would love twins!)

Don't need to see the gp round here, just register with the midwife, I'll do that next week so I can get my first appointment booked in because there wasn't a lot of choice of time last time, though I never actually got to the appointment in the end.

Stickaforkinimdone Sat 21-Jan-17 07:40:45

I've done a self referral to the local maternity service-anything to avoid a trip to the GP!
If everything progresses as hoped then theres a good chance I'll end up delivering in Sept as my first arrived a few days before my due date

How is everyone feeling?!

Presh88 Sat 21-Jan-17 08:06:17

Fine so far! Some mild cramping on and off and the other night felt like I'd done loads of sit ups (I definitely didn't). Did my first CB digital test which came back positive 1-2 weeks which I think has spelt it out for my DH as he was struggling to believe a faint line = pregnant grin

Dinosaursparklepup Sat 21-Jan-17 11:20:20

Tentatively joining after a super super faint positive on an internet cheapy last night and a slightly less faint one this morning, still not 100% convinced until the line gets a bit darker! But considering how completely exhausted and nauseous I've been for the past 2 weeks, and so ridiculously bloated and crampy, I'm surprised it's taken this long for a line to show! I'm still breastfeeding my youngest and haven't had a period for almost two years! So I started testing most mornings when I realised I'd felt off for a few days and it wasn't going away last week and dh commented on my pregnant looking belly!! I must have started having symptoms immediately after conception as I've felt like a mad woman the past week or so because I just knew I was and wasn't getting a positive! Baby number 4 here, my oldest just turned 4, this will definitely be the last!!

Stickaforkinimdone Sat 21-Jan-17 12:19:04

4!!! You deserve a medal!! My first is 2 and a half-I can't imagine having this second one in a way let alone another 2 however first one was not a sleeper (we had to take action when he turned one and was still waking every 2 hours to be breatsfed)

I had no symptoms at all with first baby-if it wasn't for the scans and bump I wouldn't have known I was pregnant. Feeling just a little quesy these last few days but could be psychosomatic!!

Mulberry2627 Sat 21-Jan-17 17:42:17

Hi! I got a very strong positive today on a first response and clear blue digital saying 2-3 weeks pregnant smile AF was due today and I wasn't going to test but something made me do it and I was so shocked!!! Only symptom I have felt is being so tired. Today though I have had some brown discharge I guess when I wipe. Do you think this is normal or a bad sign??!!

Presh88 Sat 21-Jan-17 17:54:15

mulberry I would guess old blood could be implantation bleeding. Congratulations on your BFP!

Mulberry2627 Sat 21-Jan-17 18:12:58

Thank you, I'm so excited!! I hope so, I have googled and it said the same and it's stopped now so will just keep an eye on it. When are you due? My EDD is about 30th Sept so thought the Oct thread would be better than Sept one!

Nimisha Sat 21-Jan-17 21:13:46

Hi all, mulberry congratulations! Hope it all settled down. No symptoms here except the odd cramp and a slightly sore left boob.

My edd changes from the 24th to the 27th September but my other two were late so it'll probably be October.

They are 5 and 7 now though so it all seems so long ago.

Fork does your little one sleep better now?

Congratulations dinosaur, how old are your other three?

Presh my Dh was the same, thought it needed to be a stronger line but understands now that any line is a positive if it appears at the right time.

Donkey how are you feeling now? Is it sinking in yet?

Dinosaursparklepup Sat 21-Jan-17 21:38:43

Congrats everyone! Hoping I will get a stronger, more convincing positive tomorrow, then I will tell dh as haven't told him yet!! Didn't want to until I was 100% sure.
Nimisha I have a 4, 3 and 1yr old! 1dd and 2ds' so would be great if this one was a girl to even it out! Would obviously be happy either way though grin

Mulberry2627 Sat 21-Jan-17 22:25:50

Wow 4!! Do you know how you'll tell him? This will be my first. We told my mum today, she screamed really loudly then just burst into tears, was sobbing and shaking so much 😂

Stickaforkinimdone Sat 21-Jan-17 22:38:27

Nimisha-thankfully yes he does!! If he was still waking regularly there would be no way that he'd be getting a sibling now!! 😆

4 weeks tomorrow.....eeeek 🤞🏻

Presh88 Sun 22-Jan-17 14:31:26

Are you telling anyone else mulberry? I really want to tell my parents but think I'm going to try and wait until we next see them face to face (as they live about 4 hours away). I will be ten weeks by then which seems so far away!

Mulberry2627 Sun 22-Jan-17 14:44:16

Presh we told our 2 best friends after our parents. I'm going to tell my phase leader at work, I'm a teacher so will need to tell someone in case I need to leave the classroom suddenly for morning sickness and will need to discuss cover for any appointments but that's it. It's hard when parents live far away, my mum lives close by but DH parents live about 6 hours away so he did it on FaceTime! How far along are you?

piraterach Sun 22-Jan-17 14:56:10

Hi everyone! I feel like I've found my people! EDD should be 27th Sept but the September group seems so far ahead I think this group is better for me. Mulberry I've had some brown spotting when I wipe too. Hopefully it's just leftover blood and the doctor didn't seem too concerned so all is good. Anyone else got mega sore boobs? smile

donkey86 Sun 22-Jan-17 17:27:22

After a few days of feeling thoroughly freaked out, I think I'm getting to accept it's real now. Did another POAS today just to check it's still happening! Tomorrow I'll ring the surgery to find out if I need to see the GP or if it's straight to the midwife and that'll probably make it sink in even more.

Pirate - yep, really sore boobs here too. I wasn't expecting it so soon!

I'm currently trying to work out if I'm going to be able to make it to my best friend's wedding that I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid at... problem is, it's 2nd September in Spain. It'll be too late to fly so I've been looking at trains. I suspect that's crazy but it is doable at least in theory. I guess I'll just have to see how the next few months go.

Pidgythe2nd Sun 22-Jan-17 19:25:26

Hi all,
Would love to join you too! Was lurking on the September board for longer than I should admit to (hoping I could legitimately join!) and even though edd is 27th September by my last period, I am certain it will be at least 3 days later in reality.

Period was due on Wednesday but I tested on Monday and got a negative. Then got what I thought was my period 2 days early but it never materialised and was a lot darker than usual (sorry if tmi). Thought I should test again but waited until Friday morning where I got a very faint line and then decided I needed to see it in black and white with a clear blue digital. Got my 1-2 weeks.
Can only assume the bleeding was implantation bleeding which I have never had before. confused

Feeling very excited but a little nervous about the sleepless nights again as this will be DC3.

Pidgythe2nd Sun 22-Jan-17 19:27:51

And yes to the sore boobs!
I'm also an emotional wreck. Very short temper and I had tears in my eyes today watching Finding Dory. Need to get a grip!

Nimisha Sun 22-Jan-17 20:40:11

Sore boobs here too. And a couple of waves of nausea in the evening but I don't know if I'm imagining it. I'm exhausted this evening bit it may have just been a bit of a busy weekend.

I've not told anyone except Dh yet but I might. After my miscarriage it was a bit odd telling people who didn't even know I'd been pregnant.

miwelaisjacydo Sun 22-Jan-17 21:09:46

Hi can I hop on this thread please? Got my BFP on Tuesday and put my EDD is end of September.

MandScookiesrule Sun 22-Jan-17 21:10:52

Hello all smile
Would love to join you here.
My due date is 29th of September, and this is my 3rd baby.
Had hyperemesis in my last two pregnancies, so booked in to see the GP in the morning to get some anti sickness meds in preparation for the vomitting.
My boobs are sooooo sore!

Mulberry2627 Sun 22-Jan-17 21:41:56

Hi everyone! It looks like most of us are end of September due dates!! I'm calling the doctor tomorrow, can't wait to be booked in with a midwife, maybe it will start to sink in soon!
Pirate glad your doctor didn't seem concerned about the brown spotting, mine only lasted a couple of hours and hasn't returned so I'm assuming it was nothing to worry about!
I haven't had sore boobs at all, but then mine are so small I'm wondering if they will be any use at all 😂 only 'symptom' I've had so far is tiredness but been unable to get a decent nights sleep, which isn't unusual for me, I'm an awful sleeper!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now