Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2017 #2

(1000 Posts)
oliversmummy26 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:32:04

Starting a new thread for us all....

oliversmummy26 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:38:01

Also here's a link to the spreadsheet which seems to be working for me, if you can't edit this one, then let me have your stats and I am happy to add you...
Spreadsheet

EssentialHummus Thu 19-Jan-17 10:40:45

Signing in! Thanks for the new thread olivers.

I'm still very nauseous and have no appetite. Met with a 15-week pregnant friend yesterday who was luckily able to polish off my lunch and hers, so apparently it doesn't last forever.

oliversmummy26 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:50:55

Hummus I hope to God this doesn't last until 15 weeks! ha ha! Someone said yesterday that their eased off at 9 weeks? Mine seems a little better today, but I don't know if that's only because I'm finally managing it better now?

Pinkbottletop Thu 19-Jan-17 10:51:55

As horrible as this is to say, I'm glad it's not just me having OH problems.

Flymo Yeah I'm far more excited about my pregnancy than DP but he already has a child, whereas this is my first. I think you should be as excited as you want to be. Everyone deals with pregnancy differently, I guess, but it's harder for us not to think about it when we're the ones feeling the symptoms sometimes all day everyday!

Tilly he must just feel a bit insecure. I have the opposite problem where DP keeps comparing me to his ex (the mother of his son) in a way of trying to get me to fall in line. It's not working. It's making me more petulant. They don't seem to understand that they really shouldn't be stressing us right now but again I think they can forget we're pregnant...we can't. Have you spoken about why he keeps bringing up your past?

Shwighty I feel like my DP Is ruining my pregnancy right now. How did you manage the grumpiness the first time around? Or did it happen the whole way through?

I'm usually quite a calm and level headed person but these pregnancy hormones are making me act like a raging psychopath. And rather than DP rising up to handle it and help me off the ledge, he's acting hard done by and like I'm completely unreasonable and stressing HIM out, so he's meeting my rage with complete coldness.

EssentialHummus Thu 19-Jan-17 10:58:18

I actually had a proper row with DH this morning pink.

Yesterday he decided to have a fry-up for breakfast. I wfh, and the entire house stank of fried bacon through the day. Asked him to open windows etc and explained that I'm nauseous and can basically smell what the neighbours over the road are cooking. Today he did exactly the same. I completely lost it.

TriJo Thu 19-Jan-17 10:58:20

Marking my place! Bit crampy, tired and some lower back pain this morning, but nothing too dramatic.

Shwighty1 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:00:07

Tbh pink it wad fairly consistent, he was so queried about being a shit dad. As soon as ds came along he just changed. This time round he's absolutely fine. The comparing to his ex I'd really struggle with men are funny how they compute things. But I'd definitely be telling him to stfu if he brought up an ex

Nw85 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:08:04

Hi there,
7 weeks tomorrow, nasueas, can't sleep, boob's kill but I'm so happy 😂

flossie80 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:16:09

Ooh shiny new thread - place marking!

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Thu 19-Jan-17 11:26:05

Checking in. DH wfh today and he's made about a million pieces of toast envy
Fuck off with your fucking normal appetite you inconsiderate FUCK! grin

MrsK8541 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:34:06

Just checking in to the new thread!

I can't stop sleeping, it's the only time I don't feel sick hmm

lilyborderterrier Thu 19-Jan-17 11:38:01

Brilliant new thread that's great. I'm
8 weeks and amazingly the nausea I've had for the last 2 weeks has worn off and I'm eating again! Boobs are growing but got to wait till payday to get some bigger bras but I do think I've done from my last pregnancy tucked away somewhere.
Midwife appointment on Monday and I can't wait to get things checked out.

batfish Thu 19-Jan-17 11:44:17

So I'm really sorry for being totally anal but I put the spreadsheet in order of due date and made it look a bit neater, I hope that's OK - I didn't go too mad though!! blush

Carolina80 Thu 19-Jan-17 12:04:53

I'm now at 7w 1d. Nausea/vomitting has got so bad I've had to take the last half of this week off work. Was running on empty so feeling weak/dizzy and was struggling to leave for work in the morning as kept vomitting. I find that movement makes it so much worse. If I eat little things thoughout the day I keep them down provided I stay still. As soon as I'm upright and moving around that's when I need to vomit. It's like a motion sickness. I'm going to make an appointment to see doctor next week to see if there's any anti sickness meds I can get. My boss (school head) has been really understanding because his wife went through this but I can't just take endless weeks off. I'm also in the final 4 months of my psychology degree so have to keep going with that too. My DP has been really understanding but I have been snapping at him now and again. I'm going for a private early viability scan on Sunday just to check everything is how it should be. I feel I need that reassurance especially as we may have to tell people earlier as I've been unwell. I feel excited but also so nervous. I just hope there will be something there with a good heartbeat. I underestimated what an anxious time the first trimester would be. I'm hoping the second trimester will be more enjoyable.

Calmisthemantra Thu 19-Jan-17 12:11:02

Marking place. Thank you for the new thread.

OkyDoke Thu 19-Jan-17 12:41:55

Thread two already! What a chatty lot we are!

HellsBellsK Thu 19-Jan-17 12:46:41

Thanks for the new thread!

Ha Ha Batfish just noticed that - I love it!
Carolina its sound like you are having a terrible time - may be going to the doctor will be a good idea.

I' so so tired - im not getting any work done which isn't great. Im okay first thing in the morning then from about 12pm to 8pm I am just so tired. When people are talking to me I am not taking in a thing they are saying - Its terrible.

Pinkbottletop Thu 19-Jan-17 12:58:20

Hummus that would annoy the life out of me. In fact, the reason we're at war right now was because of food; I cooked him dinner and he didn't eat it but was talking about going to the cafe for a fry up -__-

Shwighty I'd understand the fear of being a father making him grumpy. In a sense I suppose that's what I'm going through. My mood swings are scaring him and making him think I might do something drastic and stop him seeing the child so he's just retreated.

littlepooch Thu 19-Jan-17 13:00:00

Hello! Marking place.

Feeling sick, so sick and bloated. Ugh. As I said on the other thread I'm sure Im going to show much earlier than with DD. I need to keep it under wraps at work for as long as possible as I've only just gone back! blush DH is working mental hours so I'm juggling work with looking after 13 month DD and it's hard as I feel so darn sick. I'm grateful I don't have commute on the tube this time round as I work from home now.

Think I've managed to put my details on the spreadsheet!

Tilly2017 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:06:25

pinkbottletop yes I get he's insecure as he already has a DD from previous relationship which is complicated and has no access (even though has custody rights) and yes I know the feeling of being compared to the previous partner.

I just don't know what to do.... dead in 5pm as don't feel like going home and he's made little effort to communicate with me today. I feel kinda lost in limbo and I have a 6 week scan tomorrow morning as check up from PV bleeding the other week. Ahhhh so much for a happy pregancy. Hope yours is going better xx

Amz26 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:13:09

Fluffywallow Oh that would be great! I've always wanted twins smile I doubt it tho! Would be lovely tho smile
How exciting you've got your scan next week, I'm thinking of booking one too smile

MrsK8541 I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's probably just because our stomachs are getting a little bigger and making room for the baby to grow... Well that's my guess anyway and I haven't read anything bad online so I'm just going to take it as a strange symptom!

oliversmummy26 Thanks for starting the new thread smile

roobois I'm finding it quite hard as well, my job is very physical so I'm exhausted by the end of the day. Sales is a very busy job as well as my sister-in-law does it and she says she found it hard when she was pregnant too smile

Shwighty1 Thu 19-Jan-17 13:19:46

batfish star starstar
Love it

Pinkbottletop Thu 19-Jan-17 13:28:05

Thanks batfish - I'm someone who loves order like that too.

Tilly I feel like you and I are soul sisters. My DP also has previous child drama. Doesn't feel involved in any decisions. Is constantly having access taken away. Has another man living with his son. So he's really worried I'm going to do the same to him. What they don't seem to get is that I would have no reason to flip my lid and stress him if he was more consistent and considerate - two things I always tell him he's not. We're not currently talking either but we don't officially live together so at least I can go home and not have to deal with him. If you talk to him about it, how receptive is he to having a mature conversation?

ringroads Thu 19-Jan-17 13:31:58

Thank you for the new thread oliversmummy smile

So it seems im not the only one with symptoms in full swing now, i literally have been laying on the sofa all morning and plan to for the rest of the afternoon. Nausea is off the scale and vomiting from time to time.
At least I know my hormones are increasing as im feeling so rough, right? All good signs.

Booking in appointment is on monday, cannot wait to gt my scan date through, not long to go now x

This thread is not accepting new messages.