Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in June 2017, 20 weeks scans and beyond!

(226 Posts)
VeganMama83 Wed 18-Jan-17 09:46:20

Starting us off again! x

ymmv Wed 18-Jan-17 10:02:46

Posting so as not to lose.

I've just been rummaging through ravelry finding crochet patterns.

Mrs5boys Wed 18-Jan-17 13:18:04

Marking place 👍 17 weeks and still not told anyone yet ,, getting tricky to hide now though ,,,, mind you the stone and a half in weight I've put on doesn't help 😬🤣 the baby name section on here has now become my regular read ,,,, I love reading all the names people choose ! I like names that aren't too common but then not too out there either ! One weird name I loved before was Zeus ,,, would never have used it though , I read once on here a couple were calling their baby , regardless of girl or boy, Smile 😬😬 it was years ago so not sure if it was real or not 🤓 Anyone got any names picked out yet ??

ymmv Wed 18-Jan-17 13:38:15

We're having enough trouble with the surname!

Masweetpea1 Wed 18-Jan-17 14:08:34

Marking my place x

MissisBee Wed 18-Jan-17 15:31:12

Signing in!

MumofthreeandBean Wed 18-Jan-17 16:51:13

Car seats seem to be a problem when you have twins and 3 big kids!! Grr

phoebe2016 Wed 18-Jan-17 16:58:00

Hi All! Hope everyone is progressing well...

Just Signing in! 18wks today and getting a bigger bump smile feeling good in myself, but suffering from PGP terribly at night and first thing in morning. Now on co-codamol tablets for the pain, only taking as needed.

Feeling a bit down about weight gain, i feel all chunky and not like my usual self. Was size 10 at beginning of this pregnancy and now in size 14 maternity jeans. Sigh

I have my anomaly scan on 26th Jan, so the pain is to start shopping for baby things after then, if all is well. Looking forward to seeing how much our little girl has grown since the sexing scan at 16+5!

HazyHazyJeans Wed 18-Jan-17 17:26:20

Marking my place smile

Poppydm Wed 18-Jan-17 17:51:37

Marking my place too smile Hope you're all well.

MoonlightMojitos Wed 18-Jan-17 17:58:09

Placemaking, 21+ today smile

Thanks vegan!

FrizzBombDelight Wed 18-Jan-17 18:03:25

The dreaded heartburn has started!! confused

21+0

VeganMama83 Wed 18-Jan-17 18:09:01

phoebe I feel the same with weight as I'd lost a massive amount since April 2015 to get to a healthy weight/BMI and it's really a headf*ck to see the scales going up again!

Anyhow feeling movement everyday but strongly suspect I have an anterior placenta for the second time as the movements aren't as intense as with my second boy.

19+4

Babybiscuit1 Wed 18-Jan-17 18:55:46

Thanks for the new thread. Babies movements getting stronger and more frequent this week and my dp felt baby kick last night smile

19 + 3 20week scan on 24th Jan

WickyBradfield Wed 18-Jan-17 20:25:45

Hi all, it's my first time here smile I'm 20 weeks with my first baby. Had the anomaly scan today & found out we're having a boy - makes it feel a bit more real somehow!
All looked great until they noticed some fluid next to baby's heart... I have to go back next week for an appointment with the consultant. Felt very chilled about it when they told us but now I've had time to think about it, the nerves are definitely setting in! Hope everyone is feeling ok.

MoonlightMojitos Wed 18-Jan-17 22:54:54

frizz oh dear God, the heartburn I was just about to say the same thing! I've had it for weeks but it's getting so bad now. I'm led here like my chest is on fire.

wicky Welcome and congrats, but sorry to hear that. Hope everything is OK next week x

Sixisthemagicnumber Thu 19-Jan-17 02:59:01

Just place marking smile

qate Thu 19-Jan-17 05:20:07

Just checking in as haven't been on this for ages (lots of lurking, less writing), and haven't joined the FB group. 17+6 today, and all is still very quiet (not complaining, just feeling bad for people who have it much worse than I have done!). Scans seem to show everything is going fine so far, and have the anomaly scan on 29 January. Hoping not to find out sex, but our doctor is not the most discreet so prepared for it to slip out at some point over the next few months! Haven't felt any movements yet (or at least none that I can recognise as movements!), but last time we were there she said I had an anterior placenta so not overly surprised, albeit a bit disappointed...

Trying to do some practical organising - we're abroad and things here are EXTORTIONATE so planning to pick up the pram when we're back in the UK next month. In two minds what to do about breast pumps (so if anyone has any advice, it would be very welcome!) - I have to go back to work within 3-4 months, so if I want to breastfeed, pump is going to be essential. Was toying with either the Spectra or Medela Maxi (like S1 better, but easier to source spare parts for Medela), and have now become so indecisive that I'm thinking about buying neither, using a hand pump for the first couple of weeks, then getting my parents to bring one out when they come to visit (please let this baby be on time!).

Sixisthemagicnumber Thu 19-Jan-17 06:45:10

mumofthree the mothercare ziba car seats are only 41cm wide. I don't know how good they are though. The Jane koos are 42cm wide. The are only slightly narrower than others but when fitting 2 I imagine even a few cm on each seat makes a huge difference to the person sitting in the middle.

MumofthreeandBean Thu 19-Jan-17 06:50:12

six thankyou for your help xx we actually ordered the Ziba's last night!! Lots of research and these really look to be a good budget range seat but safe!

Sundaygal Thu 19-Jan-17 07:55:35

All is calming on this front ... Not as nauseous thankfully! I've been feeling movement since really early (3rdDC) and it's getting more frequent. Anomaly scan on January 30th. I always get stressed before the ultrasounds, but not too much longer now!

Pheobe sorry about PGP already, that is not fun!
Wicky hoping the dreaded heartburn will forget about me this pregnancy!!

18+4

phoebe2016 Thu 19-Jan-17 10:57:34

Hi Vegan, well done for losing all the weight beforehand! As soon as this little one is out in the big wide world, i will be back on the bandwagon. Hoping to BF, which i have heard burns a lot of calories too, so hope that will help. DH has also said he will help support me with getting time for the gym etc.

I am also feeling movements, somersaults and such like. It's really nice. Can't wait for big kicks tha can be felt and seen from the outside. DH is excited for that as well. Won't be too much longer, she seems to be gettig stronger every day.

phoebe2016 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:00:25

Fizz I totally sympathise with you on the heartburn, i have started with it too. Gaviscon shots all round!!!

Wicky Sorry to hear about your scan. Fingers crossed your Consultant will be able to shed more light on it and all will be ok. Its a worrying time.

phoebe2016 Thu 19-Jan-17 11:02:06

Thanks Sunday. Im always nervous before scans too. We have ours on 26th, so on countdown!!

VeganMama83 Thu 19-Jan-17 14:04:15

Scan tomorrow at midday. Hoping they confirm the results of the private sexing scan we had! Otherwise I have a fair amount of clothes to take back 🙈

19+5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now