Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

my baby is back to back.Im 37 weeks.Any advice?

(39 Posts)
mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:08:37

Busybean Wed 21-Feb-07 23:10:28

Spend as least time as poss slouching, spend as much time as poss on all fours

Twinklemegan Wed 21-Feb-07 23:12:41

Yes there's quite a lot of info on the web if you google for optimal foetal positioning. The thing is though that there are no guarantees about anything. Mine was ROA and went back to back as soon as my waters broke (quite common from that position apparently). My friend's baby was in the perfect position and ended up back to back. Try not to worry too much, though it's definitely worth trying some of the OFP techniques - it may work for you.

Rumpel Wed 21-Feb-07 23:14:23

If LO is still back to back when you go into labour cry for an epideural immediately!!
Didn't know my Lo was back to back, I have gym ball at home, did sqauts,on all fours etc etc perineal massage the works. Didn't know until I was in labour, won't bore you with the details but would advise an epideural. Good Luck!

Twinklemegan Wed 21-Feb-07 23:15:38

It is manageable without an epidural but I wouldn't recommend it!

mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:16:21

oh poo!!

mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:18:44

Is it true that quite alot of second babies are delivered in half the time?

Rumpel Wed 21-Feb-07 23:19:59

i think if you do a search it is half and half. i've only got 1 as yet. I am hoping that the next 1 will be easier and quicker!

Twinklemegan Wed 21-Feb-07 23:20:55

Oh try not to worry mum2oliver. It's best to be prepared and it mightn't be as bad as you think. It's definitely not a pleasant experience but what you get at the end is SO worth it (and I know that's a cliche but it's true!) Good luck!

mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:21:11

My first waas 6 hours so hope its quicker for me though after what midwife said today it be b2b can delay things!!

Twinklemegan Wed 21-Feb-07 23:21:30

Ah, that's really patronising if it's your second baby - sorry!

Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 23:22:06

this is a good website

Twinklemegan Wed 21-Feb-07 23:22:14

Can't believe I didn't realise it was your second from your name - duh! Although you could have named your baby already I suppose

mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:22:20

No twinkle thanku for the advice and response.

Rumpel Wed 21-Feb-07 23:23:15

Hopefully Lo might move for you - fingers crossed. 6 hours - lucky you!

Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 23:23:35

I've had 3 OP babies. I'm convinced you can do a lot to help yourself with your position in labour. Upright and leaning forward will encourage baby to turn.

the website I linked to will suggest things to try meantime

Rumpel Wed 21-Feb-07 23:24:58

Ceolas - did you have epideurals? Did you know b4hand that they were b2b?

mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:26:46

Im trying to think about my positioning all the time even when standing,but I have a weak painful back and SPD.Oh I cant for LO to just get here!!!

ledodgyDave Wed 21-Feb-07 23:26:49

Just to make you feel slightly better my OP labour although much, much longer than my second normal labour was less painful.

Ceolas Wed 21-Feb-07 23:30:52

I knew with the 2nd and 3rd.

First I didn't. Had an epidural when they used forceps because she wouldn't turn. I think with a 2nd baby there's more room for the baby to turn itself.

G&A for the other 2.

mum2oliver Wed 21-Feb-07 23:31:26

Oh and restless legs hence why Im not in bed and trying to get rid of it by pacing he living room and up and down off my ball!!!

Rumpel Wed 21-Feb-07 23:35:47

Oh well, my LO did turn eventually and avoided epi and forceps - thank goodness. I remember crying my eyes out asd I felt like such a failure as I had asked for an epideural. I had my birthing ball, aromatherapy oils and homeopathic kit - to no avail. I really wanted a water birth. The epideural was FANTASTIC and I would have needed one anyway as the umbilicol cord snapped and I had to have the placenta removed manually in theatre - c'est la vie.

ledodgyDave Wed 21-Feb-07 23:40:05

Just to warn you with OP ddthey told me to walk around whilst I was in labour to try and turn her and get things moving. It didn't work and simply resulted in my bits swelling up with the pressure they were so big I could see them whilst lying down. Not what you want to hear I know but if it gets to that stage and the baby hasn't moved I say scream epidural and chill!

mum2oliver Thu 22-Feb-07 08:47:05

I feel so much better....

laughalot Thu 22-Feb-07 12:31:06

Dont want to worry you my first labour back to back 26hrs had epidural and it slowed things right down, just had my second 5 weeks ago not back to back 2 hrs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now