Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ttc#1 Thread 14 GRADS. New year, new babies, new challenges! These sprogs keep amazing us every day!

(123 Posts)
AudreyBradshaw Sat 31-Dec-16 19:19:25

Behold, the wonder of birth! Members from 6 weeks bfp to post-partum wonder Mamas! No question to grotty or minging.

We've come full circle from obsessing about cervical mucus to now obsessing if it's our vagina baby plug going! What larks!

Lots of talk about poo, ours and now babies too! Baby brain is REAL! From morning sickness in the first trimester to the third trimester struggle of getting out of bed ( "walrus-ing"in our house), to actual real babies who are growing so fast! Discussion on the merits of sleepyhead and Ewan the dream sheep. Now into teething and sleep regression, how to manage our mothers/MILs whilst being sleep deprived.

Sooo many gorgeous babies now! And equally lovely Mummy's! We are amazing! What a year! Can you believe it's been over a year since our first tentative TTC thread!? Look how far we've come!

Roll up for TTC #1 Grads!

AudreyBradshaw Sat 31-Dec-16 19:28:28

Stardrey, 30. Baby L : 4 weeks and 5 days old. Every time I think I've cracked this motherhood lark, something changes! He's beyond awesome! I'm so in love!

Happy New Year Ladies! I can't believe how much has changed in the past 12 months and how far we've come! Raising a virtual glass to each and every one of us and our wonderful little babies (and our dps/dh's! Ok, they can have a pat on the back too!) We birthed actual humans! From our bodies! We actuary immense!

πŸ’™πŸ’ŸπŸ‘‘πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸΉπŸΈπŸΊπŸ»πŸΌπŸ˜πŸŒΉπŸŽ€

IndiX Sat 31-Dec-16 21:14:25

Checking ingrin I have been trying to read through most days but I never have time to post anymore!

Indi
26 y/o
Mummy to 12 week old Autumn, who makes me the most proud mummy everyday.

Happy new year to you beautiful lot! So so happy I found this thread as I definitely think it helped me find some sanity ( or at least like minded insane people) when I was TTC, pregnant and now as a mum.
Us women are bloody brilliant and reading through everyone's daily posts really makes me appreciate how we overcome ANY challenge and how strong we are.
Hope you all have a lovely new year and I'm raising a glass for all of you, your bumps and babies tonight xxx

Feefeefs Sun 01-Jan-17 01:27:48

Feefs
Age 28,29 on Wednesday!
Mum to 3 week old little girl.

Finding it all a huge learning curve but starting to really enjoy it and get into the swing of things (I think πŸ€”). So in love with A. First night alone (although my parents still here so not properly!!!) as DH called into work.

IrregularCommentary Sun 01-Jan-17 01:47:25

Irregular, 31 (for another 2 weeks!), Mum to a gorgeous little 16w old girl.

Can't believe I celebrated my 31st birthday on this thread a year ago while ttc. About 10 days later I got my BFP and the rest, as they say, is history.

You guys have been an absolute bloody rock through all of this and I can't thank you enough. I hope 2017 is even better for us all than 2016 has been xx

PotatosMum Sun 01-Jan-17 06:31:44

Potato 35 Arya is now 19 weeks, can you believe it?

Happy new year to all, 2016 was a hell of a year, I'm hoping 2017 will be a little more serine.

I'm struggling to keep up at the moment. I'm spending every waking moment that isn't focused on Arya or OH working on my blog. I'm hoping to start making it pay this month but it's a 24/7 effort!

Feef I have the tommee tippee bottle maker and it is awesome! All of my HVs and midwives have been happy with it. I was also advised against the sleepy head though as I was told it's a SIDs risk.

Miley I like aptimil, I tried others but they made Arya windy. Also, stick with first infant milk up to the age of one.

I've got some mesh guards for the cot that prevent their arms getting stuck and because they're mesh they can breath threw it if they roll too close and get smushed. I got them at toys are us.

I still cry because I love Arya so much too. I think it's normal.

Audrey lullago is brilliant. Arya fills about 2/3 of it now and I'm sure it will last her to at least 6 months. It also comes in a handy transport bag and takes about 5 minutes to put up 😊 definitely recommend it!

Sorry to anyone I've missed.

Arya seems to be over the fourth month sleep regression but is now teething like mad. I had to resort to calpol twice yesterday because the poor thing was screaming and the gels and tethers didn't seem to help much.

marmitecheesetoast Sun 01-Jan-17 09:09:50

Marmite
31 y/o
25 and a half weeks pregnant - trailing at the back of the class here! wink Sort of feel like I'm stuck somewhere between the 2 grad groups as you guys all have actual real perfect tiny humans now and most of the other grad group have not long got their BFPs so I'm keeping a foot in each camp if you don't mind! Feel like I have learnt so much from you fab mummies already!

Happy New Year everyone, hope 2017 is a fantastic year for us all ... I'm having a baby this year!!! shock

Canters15 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:41:56

Canters, age 30. Proud owner of R who is 7 weeks tomorrow!!
Cant believe where the time has gone. Had a fractious few days in the week when staying with my parents but since coming home he has settled right down and is currently having a nap in his sleepyhead, which has never happened in the day time before. We got him to bed at 8pm last night which meant dh and i could eat dinner in peace and snuggle on the sofa for a bit! Feeling much more confident with being a mummy and that each phase will pass.

Pink, we fly on 27th Jan! Cant believe how quickly it has come around!

Happy new year!

Sodasoda Sun 01-Jan-17 14:11:08

Soda age 34. Proud mum to gorgeous 16 week old daughter who is currently crippling me via the 4 month sleep regression. It's bloody lucky she's cute! wink

Happy 2017 everyone!

DH and I went out for dinner last night and left A with my mum - first night out together since she was born and it was great! So nice to get out and be a couple!

However - I didn't express enough so we ended up giving her a couple of ounces of formula when we got in (I'd had a couple of glasses of wine so didn't want to bf) and she was SO sick during the night. It was bright yellow shock Only the second time we've given her formula and the exact same thing happened the last time too. I'm worried she's intolerant to it. We tried aptimil ready made first time and last night we tried cow and gate ready made. She's also had bad diarrhoea but she seems happy and has fed from me fine this morning. Any advice? I wasn't planning on making formula a habit but it would be nice to have it as a back up if I don't manage to express enough!

IrregularCommentary Sun 01-Jan-17 15:41:42

No major advice Soda but Aptamil and Cow and Gate are the same thing. Same parent company, made in the same factory, just a different price. Not that there's a huge difference in formula as far as I'm aware, as the rules are so strict. I believe babies do get on better with some than others though having said that.

With bf, up to you obviously, but as long as you're safe to hold her etc then you shouldn't have an issue with your milk. Such a minute amount passes into your milk that it's not a problem. The advice not to drink and bf is more about not being drunk in charge of a baby - increased likelihood of falling asleep with them as well.

mayago Sun 01-Jan-17 19:33:14

May, 35, 39+3 shock I really thought she'd be early

Happy New Year ladies! I'm still pregnant, and seem to be almost hibernating these past few days. My sister comes on Friday, and wants baby to hold out until then, but I think I'm done with this being pregnant thing now grin Stretch marks have found my bump in the past few days, and I literally cannot stop buying baby clothes and other bits I'm easily convinced we 'need'. I need baby here already!

Canters your leaving date has come up rather quickly! I'm glad you're feeling more confident being a mummy now smile

Potato look at those eyes! Arya is just beautiful. I hope she doesn't suffer too terribly with her teeth.

Feef how did the first night alone go?

I do love this group - I think being a bit late to the party has been helpful, as I'm getting a great insight into the highs and the struggles of being a mummy. Thank you ladies for sharing and being so supportive along the way!

Mileymoocow Sun 01-Jan-17 20:25:26

Happy new year all grin

Miley,26, proud mummy to 16 week old (tomorrow) Harrison! How quickly has that gone shock

Thanks for the new thread stardrey where on earth do you find time.

Here are a couple of H's photos from his shoot before Christmas

Feefeefs Mon 02-Jan-17 02:52:59

Hope things get going soon May!! And in time with you sister. Second night alone ( although parents still here but I've asked them not to help during the night) . Went fairly okay but DH really frustrated with them and I think regretting job move. I think it's only temporary.

Kinda my motto at the moment "It's only temporary" definitely helping me to enjoy her more and not get overly frustrated.

Glad you're feeling more confident canterscand cant believe your move is almost here!!

Pinklily1 Mon 02-Jan-17 11:49:01

Happy new year all!

Roll call: Pink, age 34, mummy to 16 week old baby Evelyn.

I can't believe how quickly the move has come round canters! Are you excited? I bet you have a lot of family lining up visits!

may, hopefully baby will arrive soon!

Lovely photos miley!

Pinklily1 Mon 02-Jan-17 11:49:39

feefs, why is your DH frustrated with your parents?

LisaTheSimpson Mon 02-Jan-17 11:58:38

Happy New Year everyone! οΏΌοΏΌοΏΌ

It's been an incredible 2016 for this thread (and the TTC threads we were all on), with all the pregnancies and babies. I've really enjoyed being on this journey with you all and couldn't have done it without you.

Lisa, age 30, mum to 13-week/3-month old Q.

Miley - interesting what you're saying about H teething on your boobs. The last day or so have been agony during feeding as Q has been really chewing on my nipples. I re-latch her, but it keeps happening. I hadn't thought about teething (though she is drooling an awful lot).

Should I be getting her something like a chew teething toy to her instead?

Mileymoocow Mon 02-Jan-17 12:43:46

lisa I've given H teething keys and am pitting bonjela on as I can actually see his bottom tooth through his gum!!! shock no wonder he's been a twisty pants.

OK ladies, I desperately need to shift this baby weight Christmas chocolate weight so am thinking of starting a bit of a weigh clinic between us if anyone else is in the same boat? I can keep a running list of weight loss per week, goals etc? For example - my weight is 12st 8oz and I'm aiming to lose 2st by may!

Mileymoocow Mon 02-Jan-17 12:45:36

lisa forgot to add - he's been hysterical at points I've actually had to give him calpol for it sad we have the nuby teething keys that go in the fridge. I've snapped them off their ring so there's always one chilled one for him

Pinklily1 Mon 02-Jan-17 16:34:26

miley, I'm definitely up for the weigh in! I've recently joined Slimming World but weighing in on here will give me extra motivation! I weigh in for SW on a Saturday at the minute and am being quite strict with myself only stepping on the scales once a week!

I am currently 11st 8lbs and aiming to lose 1st 4lbs the time of my final dress fitting, so about mid April I think.

E sometimes chews my nipples between her gums too and god it hurts shock

AudreyBradshaw Mon 02-Jan-17 20:23:05

Another one up for the weigh in! I'm pretty much bob on 11 stone, I've lost 2.5 stone in the 5 weeks since he's been born (9 lb baby, plus sizeable placenta and I've sweated the water out!) I've got a stone and a but till I'm pre-pregnancy weight and two stone till I'm at my ideal! We're thinking of having the baptism at the end of May (wedding anniversary) so I've got 5 months!

Been doing an exclusion diet to see if it makes any difference to L as I'm convinced there are foods I eat which give him wind/make it hard for him to poo. So I've cut out chocolate, dairy, onions, cotrus fruit etc, basically anything interesting! And wheat gives me indigestion still so I've had a bit of a stagnant diet of late! Mind my appetite has been shit anyway, don't know if it's something to do with the c section or what.

Speaking of which, anyone who had a section...can you tell when you need to wee? I can't at all, I've got no "ooh I need a wee" sensation at all. I just sort of realise I haven't been to the toilet all day, so I go, and wee, but I don't feel full/empty bladder at all. It's weird!

Mileymoocow Mon 02-Jan-17 20:35:44

audrey I can't eat onions or garlic or little man suffers! I love onions and garlic sad

OK, shall we say we will weigh in on a Wednesday morning? Feel free to private message me if you'd rather! I'll keep a record of start weights and calculate % til targets etc. Hopefully it'll give me a massive kick up the jacksie. I used to be 9 and a bit stone blush Tis our friends wedding in may and all the ladies are pretty much perfect looking with smoking bodies so I need to sort myself out. I can hide under baggy clothes until then.

Sodasoda Mon 02-Jan-17 20:50:02

Up for weight loss too, I'm feeling pretty down about my body at the moment. Am finally resigned to buying jeans in a bigger size as I can't keep wearing leggings / maternity jeans. I'm 11 stone 2. I'd like to be 10 stone by the start of June when I go on holiday. My ideal weight is 9 stone 7 but I'd settle for 10 as that's what I was pre-pregnancy. It's not really just the weight it's just that my belly / thighs / bum are just so flabby sad I'm starting the diet next week so don't ask me to do weigh in this week - am staying with my parents currently and indulging in Christmas leftovers wink I find it so hard though as I'm genuinely really hungry with bf. And also greedy....

Thanks irregular. I didn't know that about alcohol. I do have the odd glass of wine and still bf but I'd had a few on NYE....

I'm sitting downstairs at the moment at my parents while A cries upstairs. Really trying to get her to go to sleep earlier in the evenings and make her fall asleep on her own. I keep going to comfort her a bit, it's heartbreaking listening to her cry sad

Feefeefs Mon 02-Jan-17 21:16:11

Not sure I can face posting my weight on here but I'm about 8lbs off pre pregnancy weight but hat was too high anyway so tried quite hard not to gain too much during the pregnancy. Would still like to lose 2 stone can I join in but just post amount lost/gained each week or is that cheating?

Mileymoocow Tue 03-Jan-17 08:11:59

feef of course it's not cheating if that's what you're comfortable with! How about we start next Wednesday and give official start weights/targets etc then?

soda I'm the same with bfing and being hungry. I've actually put half a stone on since having H! blush I was lighter 2 weeks after giving birth than I am now which is embarrassing. I was all prepared to be a size 8 by now with everyone telling me the weight drops off grin how did the settling go with A? I think I've been lucky with H as I can put him down when tired and he will go to sleep himself. He does sometimes still fall asleep feeding too. I don't think I'd be strong enough to listen to him cry sad hope she didn't make you suffer too long

My baby is so independent sad he doesn't like to be sitting with me being cuddled in, he's forever trying to be on the move! How do they grow so quickly?! I feel like I didn't have a newborn for 2 seconds shock he's currently sat on my knee holding onto my arm trying to pull himself up.

Pinklily1 Tue 03-Jan-17 13:48:39

Wednesday weigh in sounds good to me miley.

I lost about 1.5 stone straight after birth but then I found cakes. And biscuits. And more cake πŸ˜„πŸ˜‚ Oops. I'm trying to replace cakes with carrot sticks but it's not quite the same! My wedding dress is a size smaller than the one I tried on though so I need to sort myself out.

How are you feeling may? Forgot to ask how long your sister is visiting for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now