Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2017: the one in which we'll get midwife appointment

(979 Posts)
Fattycowagain Wed 28-Dec-16 13:11:26

Shiny new thread!

Due dates:

29th July
sparklyuggs

30th July
letmehaveabloodyname
chicken86

31st July
hrfvenia
sandsandwiches

1st August
claralane
holz657

2nd August
blink1982
mochachocachino
FlaminFlamingo99
kezmarie
drewob0

3rd August
sociallyacceptablecookie
thisismee
loubella11

4th August
yolorolo
intothewoods84
goingtoinfinity

6th August
bryonie2017
fuzzinmybrain
bellybean

7th August
timefor2

8th August
largemelons
fieldsandgrasses (twins)
mulderitsmex
oatybiscuits

9th August
thenorthernluce
alexnorthernireland1
icelemongin
scatterbrainedlass
wantingbaby

10th August
whoateallthejaffacakes
firsttimer12345
sockgnome
dryice
heatherbaby

11th August
mrsg280516
airyfairy1991
lixon
pollycazaletwannabe
loulabelle1990

12th August
cocochops
watchingitallagain

13th August
Lizzielicious

15th August
fattycowagain

16th August
writerwannabe83

17th August
justmumr
lynseyc83
user1480930113

18th August
glasgowgeorgie
sara237

19th August
itsalwayssunny
firsttimer144

20th August
oggy88

21st August
thirdthoughts
onlymrsmac

22nd August
spacecats3

23rd August
zigazigahh

24th August
tirednick
flashaaaah
fudgecrackers

25th August
nicky883
putputput
butterybollocks

27th August
kirstyinnorway
denna81
mmmmalbec
trenzalor

28th August
okydoke

29th August
brainfried1986
bluesdetoi
herewegoagain31

30th August
dizzydaisylou
thatsalovelybush
hellsbellsk

edd tbc
alpacarabbit
zelda91
gemgems2214
lunalovepud
superc3228
choccyteapot
tmi26
scottishlady7
heatherxo
alphon5e
stormcloud10
loobylou0226
misst2095
jasperpotato
swimchick1980
catherinebee85

firsttimer12345 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:21:16

Thanks fattycow!

Oggy88 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:31:10

Thanks Fatty! I was worried we will run out of space to leave the link for the next one! grin

Sparklyuggs Wed 28-Dec-16 13:31:30

Oh wow a new thread! I have my midwife appt tomorrow but no word on my scan date. I asked the midwives before Christmas but it's the scan dept who does them. Has anyone been given theirs? I'm in the Channel islands so don't know if that's why (birth rate is v low here, about 2 babies a week so a lot less pressure on services). I'm impatient though!

Oggy88 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:34:03

Speaking of midwife appointments (thanks for reminding me, Sparkly!), how does that work? Is that triggered by the first GP appointment, or do I self-refer?

TMI26 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:54:54

Hi oggy, I had to ring up the surgery and self refer.... got mine on the 4th.

Sparklyuggs Wed 28-Dec-16 14:03:07

I got referred to by my GP (things are very old fashioned here) but I think most PCTs in England you self refer to them.

bluesdetoi Wed 28-Dec-16 14:42:21

Guys this nausea is real. The constant burping is making me feel like a trucker. My poor husband.

Oggy88 Wed 28-Dec-16 14:50:13

Thanks ladies, just referred myself smile

I hear you, blue, it's been pretty bad yesterday. As I was trying to hide my burp, it got mixed with a hick up and turned into the loudest snort that made my DH jump... blush

JasperPotato Wed 28-Dec-16 14:59:05

Thanks fatty! I'm due on 5th Aug. Got my booking in appointment with the midwife on the 3rd Jan. Should my DH come along? Not sure what they do if anyone could shed some light. Thanks!

Sparklyuggs Wed 28-Dec-16 15:07:08

jasper I think it's helpful but not necessary, my appt letter said if my partner couldn't attend to bring along details of his medical history where possible. I think they are just looking for known risk factors like a history of heart defects etc. My husband is keen to come and they gave me an early morning appt so he can just work later. I'm also super forgetful at the moment so I would want another set of ears but I would have taken my mum or friend instead had he not been able to come.

lynseyc83 Wed 28-Dec-16 15:34:29

Seeing my consultant next Thursday and the midwife in 2 weeks.
Still don't feel pregnant other than very tired , did another pregnancy test today just to double check and reassure myself - no squinting needed this time- relieved as I had started not convince myself I wasn't pregnant

bluesdetoi Wed 28-Dec-16 16:04:54

Lol Oggy that mustve been interesting. Ive stopped trying to hide it, all mystery in the relationship is gone by this point. 😂

I'm struggling with telling my sister I'm pregnant because of NYE. I need an ally to hide the fact that I'm not drinking and I'm afraid my husband will be less than subtle in his attempts to help me out.

Is 5+2 too early to tell?

IntoTheWoods84 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:05:55

Thanks for the new thread!

Had my booking in appt today - took about 1.5 hrs, just lots of questions about your medical history as well as blood/urine tests. Super easy and the midwives were great. My DP came along but it wasn't really necessary - they ask a few q's about his history but not loads (probably stuff you know anyway)- it's mainly about you. They give you lots of leaflets and your maternity folder too.

Felt dreadful today as my cold turned into flu on Xmas day - had crazy high fever for 3 days so now back tucked up on the sofa with my anti-nausea Pringles! Staying inside til 2017!!

bluesdetoi Wed 28-Dec-16 16:06:37

Lynsey I hear ya - I POAS yesterday as well to reassure myself. Will probably continue to do that until my doctors appointment January 6th, its too long a wait!

JasperPotato Wed 28-Dec-16 16:07:36

Thanks @Sparklyuggs I think I'll leave it up to him as he's self-employed.

IntoTheWoods84 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:08:17

Oop sorry blue cross posted
I told immediate family really early. I thought I'd tell people I'd need support from in case of mc.

Cocochops Wed 28-Dec-16 16:09:58

Yay new thread! I am EXHAUSTED! Dh went back to work today so i was primary childcare for my two today. Think I have tired them out with a mega walk on the fresh air and we are now all collapsed with fire watching Stuart little/ well they are I am mumsnetting!

Quick scan question I know everywhere is a bit different but are people tending to get scan dates through the post? I have booking in with midwife based at gp at 9w5. I have moved since last time but before I just booked scan when I had booking in but it was all the hospital then not at gp. Totally forgot to ask midwife when she called.

whoateallthejaffacakes Wed 28-Dec-16 17:56:52

my app is 11th jan when i'll be 9+6 in the health center but letter said there would be a viability scan at the appointment so dp is coming too. im assuming i wont get another scan til 20wks

Dixiechick1991 Wed 28-Dec-16 18:20:27

Hello everyone can I join!
Got my +ves yesterday so a belated Christmas gift. According To my app I'm 5+5 so due date of 25th August , got a GP appointment on Friday - don't really know what to do. When did you tell your parents/in laws, did you wait til after going to the Drs?
Ps my tests make me giggle as I took them inngermany so rather than seeing pregnant - I see Schwanger 😂 I'm so childish

swimchick1980 Wed 28-Dec-16 18:25:46

Got my booking in appt on 18 Jan and scan on 10 Feb. DH told our IVF clinic today we managed to conceive naturally and the person he spoke to cried, they were so lovely.

Speaking of crying, today I cried AT A PANTOMIME when Mother Goose got married to the landlord bloke - wtaf!!

MrsG280516 Wed 28-Dec-16 19:18:22

Thanks for the new thread smile my MW appointment isn't until 18th Jan but it was the earliest they could get me in even though I booked it at the start of December!

Furo Wed 28-Dec-16 19:20:18

Hey, I'll jump on if you don't mind. I'm 7+4, due on the 12th August and have my booking in appointment tomorrow. Can't wait, at least it seems like it's starting now. This is my 1st and apart from a few symptoms it doesn't feel real.

Also cried today, on the dfs car park, when I just couldn't park confused dp had no clue what to do. Poor fella gringood luck at your appointments, all!

Denna81 Wed 28-Dec-16 19:43:32

Thanks for the new thread! Congrats Dixie and Furo - the German CBD made me chuckle. I have only told my mum so far although pretty sure my sobriety at Christmas will have tipped off my brother and dad at least. So excited to tell people but past experience makes me cautious until we have our first scan.

Booking appointment isn't til the 16th which still seems like ages away yet, looking forward to being past this first anxious few weeks.

Today my main symptom has been rage. Has anyone else had this?

An old lady pushed in front of me with her trolly at the supermarket, banging into me in her haste to get ahead, and then proceeded to stop and have a gab to her mate while i stood there waiting to get past. Normally i'd laugh but today DH said it was like there was plumes of steam from my ears i was so angry. he was giggling like mad as he quickly steered me in the opposite direction which didn't improve matters.

Afterwards I felt very unreasonable and guilty for getting so p'd off at a pensioner- thank goodness I kept it to myself at least! Although anyone who saw my face probably would have guessed I was raging. It's like i don't have a reasonable gauge at the moment the littlest thing can make me furious.

I've also been freezing cold. I'm currently bundled on the sofa sporting my fluffiest jammies, a beanie hat, woolie socks and 4 blankets and I still can't get warm!

WantingBaby1 Wed 28-Dec-16 20:01:14

Hello ladies!

Thanks for the new thread. My mw apt is booked for Friday 6th.

Had major crisp cravings today. Totally gone off sweet things which is most unlike me. Its now salt and vinegar all the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now