Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SE London First Timers

(15 Posts)
Teaspoon74 Sun 25-Dec-16 01:19:08

I am due in May '16 and based in Greenwich, SE London.
Looking to connect with other London based older mum first timers.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Sx
smile

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 18:28:26

bump
Anyone out there? ;/

Ohdearducks Mon 02-Jan-17 18:38:24

Hi, I'm not a first timer but I'm in Greenwich borough.
Are you a member of your local children's centre? You may find some nice groups to attend there to meet with other mum's.
Some of them run antenatal clinics
Bumps to babies sessions
Coffee mornings etc. Congrats and Good luck with your pregnancy flowers

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 18:43:52

Thanks Ohdear. flowers
Haven't been in touch with/thought about Children's Centres yet so will check that out.
Which bit of Greenwich are you and when due?

Ohdearducks Mon 02-Jan-17 18:49:18

I'm in Plumstead but I've had my baby, she's 7m and I have two older boys. Sorry didn't realised I'd made myself seem pregnant still blush

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:01:51

Not at all - that's me assuming. Also Plumstead ;)

Ohdearducks Mon 02-Jan-17 20:05:08

Oh lovely, if you're near the Slade the children's centre and the library are in the same building, there's a lovely breastfeeding group on a Tuesday that you can attend while pregnant and when baby comes there's baby group Mondays there too, the library also does a rhyme time morning but I'm not sure when.
Pop in and register and ask for a timetable.
There's also a children's centre on Purret Road and some groups are run out of Glyndon community centre on Raglan road.

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:21:06

Thanks so much - all incredibly helpful!! Am just round the corner from the Slade on PCR so will pop in next weekend.

Ohdearducks Mon 02-Jan-17 20:25:15

Not sure they're open on weekends, hang on I'll find a link to there website.

sleepyMe12 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:27:24

Hi Tea
I'm not a first timer 3rd due in 6 weeks but am in the Greenwich borough not to far (Eltham) definitely check your local children's centre out.
I find we are quite lucky that Greenwich still has plenty so always something going on.

Ohdearducks Mon 02-Jan-17 20:28:20

homestartgreenwich.org.uk/slade-childrenscentre.html

Looks like they've not updated the timetable for this year yet but you can give them a call and confirm opening times.

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:33:59

Thanks OhDear and Sleepy - will defo check out!!

OnTheUp13 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:35:20

Download the hoop app and have a look on there. Lots of fab groups!

Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 20:49:45

What's hoop Ontheup?

OnTheUp13 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:43:50

It's an app that tells you where and when all your local bump and baby to older children meet ups etc are

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now