Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Due April 2007 - Minty sperm or Original? Your preferences please!

(248 Posts)
EllieKwithaHUGEbump Mon 19-Feb-07 19:52:47

why are my thread titles always so rude

Sexonslightlypuffylegs Mon 19-Feb-07 19:59:05

Ellie, loving the new title of the thread! I would say no to minty and original - both make me gag!

WO, pmsl at the potential wardrobe your dp might turn up with for you! Men really have no clue do they!

There have been many times when I have had to apologise to preschool for the ensemble that Becky has been dressed in!

maveta Mon 19-Feb-07 20:02:28

I don´t know Ellie, why on EARTH would that be??!

Weeonion, tell tell tell what nappies have you gone for to try out? Did you get any wambamboos? I have ordered/got
- diddy diaper
- tots bamboozle
- sandy´s
- terry cloth
- muslins
- totsbots redrap
- 2 ME rikki wrap
I was a bit confused about the wrap ratio at first but looking at the nappy chat it seems that about 3 or 4 are fine to be getting on with at the start. I am being tempted to buy a wambamboo or a pocket nappy like a fuzzi bunz but am trying hard to resist, think I have enough to start and should see how I get on with what I have first.

I would like it to be officially recognised that this has all come about as a direct result of 54 days (previously 8 weeks) gifting me a rikki wrap and liners... I smell a conspiracy...

EllieKwithaHUGEbump Mon 19-Feb-07 20:08:31

it's just a ploy to get her free holiday to the sun maveta

maveta Mon 19-Feb-07 20:17:57

LOL ... could be, could be. So that´s what it is, you offer me something, get my address in order to send it out and then before I know it there´s a suspicious knock at the door...

runnyhabbit Mon 19-Feb-07 20:19:46

He everyone

Whoever started this minty sperm thing has got a lot to answer for My heartburn has been really playing up, esp in the middle of the night. Cue me grabbing the Gaviscon, but as soon it hit my throat, all I could think of was minty sperm. Nearly threw it back up [blush

Hi mmk - due date buddy!

Feeling rather emotional today. sorry in advance for the swearing. Boss has been acting like an effing t**t today. New sales rep came in today, started talking about pregnancies etc, and about having 9 months off paid. Before I could take a breath, boss said "there's no way she's having 9 months off" completely straight faced. What an arsehole. I used to think he was a good guy, but he has gone down dramatically in my estimation.

Then had to go and pick something from dh office (cos he's away this week) and he told me to play on my SPD, because he's told them that's why he's been on sites late a few times. WTF?? Apparently, he's told them he's had to help me get ready in the mornings!!?? I know I have SPD, but I'm pregnant fgs, not ill, and that upset me too. I've been feeling like a bad mum because I feel too tired to play with ds in the afternoons, so tonight completely broke down on the phone to dh. Felt so much better afterwards, but tbh I don't think he realised how much peoples comments upset me.

Feel so much better after writing it down. Maybe I'm just having a few "blue" days.

Pancake day tomorrow....mmmmmmmmm

xx

weeonion Mon 19-Feb-07 20:22:44

maveta - had to go and get out the box and have a sken through them
i have
2 diddy diaper
- 3 tots bamboozle
- 1 sandy´s
- 3 little lamb
- 5 motherease
- 1 small fuzzi bunznappy
3 kooshies
- 1 daisy diaper
1 white bumble
1 small minki

1 rikki wrap
1 tots fleece (spotty) wrap
1 small natures wrapper popper
2 motherease airflow wrapper
1 little lamb wrap

weeonion Mon 19-Feb-07 20:24:55

maveta - i have yr address too. was thinking of a homebirth at your place........ flights booked..

Sexonslightlypuffylegs Mon 19-Feb-07 20:29:58

Oh Runny, I am sorry to hear you are feeling blue.

It all gets on top of us every now and then doesn't it - the accumulation of comments from others, the feeling of short-changing our other kids etc etc.

I think we have all felt like this at some point, particularly recently, as due dates get closer.

Hang in there and keep on ranting here.

xx

Sexonslightlypuffylegs Mon 19-Feb-07 20:31:59

WO, pmsl at the thought of you arriving at Maveta's for your homebirth. Can you imagine the questions at security when they spot the birthing ball!

NotQuiteCockney Mon 19-Feb-07 20:33:18

<pops head in>

I've got to ask ... minty sperm? Huh? What am I missing here?

eca Mon 19-Feb-07 20:34:48

lol at new thread!

Maveta - m/w showed me the other day how to tell what's what with the bump. She said you can tell head from bum coz it's hard and round like a cricket ball and if you put your fingers either side of it you can bounce it between them !! She showed me with my hands abd pressed much harder than i would dare!! It was lovely to know exactly where lo was though!

runny - boss - what a git! Does he not realise that you're not going to be say oooh, yes please i'll leave my newborn, give up my paid mat leave and come back early!

Katy44 Mon 19-Feb-07 20:37:03

I've discovered rennie chewable -mmm -like opal fruits, so I need to stop myslef eating them!

eca Mon 19-Feb-07 20:37:11

oh and big hello to mmk! Glad to have you with us, welcome to the mad house! Have you got your c-section booked? Do you know what date?

weeonion Mon 19-Feb-07 20:40:25

sopl - you mean birthing ball, 3 bags, 2 large cushions, favourite pillow, battery operated cd player, oil burners, laminated birth plan and cooler box arriving at the airport. i like to travel light

Sexonslightlypuffylegs Mon 19-Feb-07 20:41:05

NotQuiteCockney - minty sperm is what many of us ladies have decided that Gaviscon is equivalent to. Eughhhhh!

weeonion Mon 19-Feb-07 20:42:39

runny - sorry you are feeling done / blue/ angry. what a tit yr boss is. also - hard when you have been soldiering on with SPD to hear that dh has been using it / you as an excuse. live up to it - babe and make suer he really does have to wait on you hand and foot for a few days

NotQuiteCockney Mon 19-Feb-07 20:42:56

Ah, right.

I don't miss Gaviscon. I used skim milk and almonds (with the skin on) as alternatives.

EllieKwithaHUGEbump Mon 19-Feb-07 20:45:55

yeay! ladies, our bizarre thread titles have finally been noticed
i just knew there was a reason for makingthem so rude

maveta Mon 19-Feb-07 20:45:56

Wow weeonion, you´ve been busy! I´ve been holding back but your list makes me think a little visit to ebay may be in order... have you been brave enough to buy any birth -to-potty sizes or are they all small/ size 1?

Let me know when you´re arriving and I´ll get the water for the birthing pool heated up

Eca - I´ll give that a try..when I next think it might be his head..can´t find the little bugger at the moment

And Katy44 is on to something with the rennie´s chewables, they´re not bad at all. Not tried gaviscon so can´t comment on the sperm comparison..

weeonion Mon 19-Feb-07 20:48:37

maveta - i used good ole ebay but to be honest - the sale thread here has been really good as you are not in a bidding war. have taken the plunge with sizes and there is a mixture. i think the motherease are meant to do the whole way through???

EllieKwithaHUGEbump Mon 19-Feb-07 20:49:46

maveta, what makes you think we're still talking about Gaviscon?

maveta Mon 19-Feb-07 20:50:25

Runny - does sound like a crappy day.. hope you feel better after a couple of pancakes in the morning I have felt a bit sensitive and hormonal lately too, went to meet some girlfriends for a coffee today and got the whole ´Awwwww there she is with the bump, look at the bump, let´s see your bump´ etc etc and I just couldn´t even humour them. No idea why I felt so grumpy about it but they changed the subject pretty quickly

maveta Mon 19-Feb-07 20:51:55

Ellie - I have to believe you´re still on about Gaviscon because if not I really AM way out of the loop

CaptainDippy Mon 19-Feb-07 20:52:23

Evening - All ok in CampDippy - Had MW appt today and all is good! Bubba is oblique lie though, which would explain a lot of discomfort I've been experiencing. Plenty of time for bubs to wriggle round though.

Sorry you feeling so awful 1B3 - Hope you manage to shake this foulsome flu off asap. [[[hugs]]]

Great to "see" you back Pesha - we've been worried about you hon!!

Welcome to the madness mmk!

I've not even thought about packing a bag - hoping for a homebirth, but guess I should have one packed "just in case", esp as DD was 4 weeks early last time ....eeeeek!

Only short - absolutely knackered and heartburn v.bad - Somehow can bring myself to reach for the Gaviscon though - Can't think why .....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now