Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2017

(1000 Posts)
ADuckNamedSplash Fri 23-Dec-16 07:35:18

Hi all - looks like I'm first here! I'm pregnant with #1, due 2 September. Got my BFP a couple of days ago and already it feels like a rollercoaster ride - I'm utterly thrilled, anxious about the possibility of a loss and terrified at the thought of the birth! But hey, bring it on! smile

HellsBellsK Fri 23-Dec-16 08:58:42

Hi ADuck

I think I might join you here. Due date is between the 30th Aug - 1st September depending on what site I look up.
I am also a mixed bag of emotions at the moment. I only tested this morning, AF was 3 days late. DH doesn't even know - he had already gone to work.
Is this your first? Its ours.
Christmas is going to be very hard to hid it. I do love my glass of red wine.
I am also terrified of a loss - lets hope the next few weeks fly by!

ADuckNamedSplash Fri 23-Dec-16 09:34:51

Hi HellsBells! Great to have some company - I remember seeing you on the Conception board. Yep, first for us as well.

Wow, congratulations on your BFP! Are you going to tell your DH when he gets home, or wait for Christmas?

Yeah - I'll be able to keep it hidden from some people, but my mum will guess I'm pregnant straight away when I'm not drinking, so we've decided we will tell our parents. We'll just have to stress to them that it's still very early and high risk. I think I successfully hid it at my work Christmas party by accepting a glass of wine and raising it to my lips every now and then but not drinking it! Would that work for you? If your DH is drinking the same, you might even be able to subtly swap glasses every now and then.

HellsBellsK Fri 23-Dec-16 09:47:46

I will tell him once he gets home later couldn't hid it from him.

My mom will know straight away. I will try the wine to my lips. Its hard to hid anything from my family. I might day I am drinking gin instead of wine. Have a few nights out with DH family just after Christmas.
Really don't want to tell them as DH brother just got engaged and we are going out for dinner with them all to celebrate so really don't want to take anything away from them.
New Years we are going out with my brother and his wife so they will definitely know also.

I know its so early - I have period type pains on and off thats why it took me so long to test cause I thought AF was just around the corner.

How are you feeling?

ADuckNamedSplash Fri 23-Dec-16 14:01:26

Aww, that will a lovely surprise for when he gets home!

Ah, I see. This has to be the worst time of year for trying to hide a pregnancy - all the social events! The gin plan is a good one though - nobody will know if you just have tonic water.

I'm feeling ok. I haven't actually missed AF yet (due tomorrow, I tested early with a FRER) but I've had cramps since Wednesday too. I've also noticed that while I usually have a weakness for junk food, I'm suddenly finding it a lot less appealing - I guess my body is guiding me on what it needs!

OkyDoke Fri 23-Dec-16 14:44:33

Hello, do you mind if I hang around here? Got my BFP on Sunday, looking at end of August/beginning of Sept for a due date! I'm on the August thread too but feel very far behind! We've had to tell our parents, they would have guessed.

Congratulations to you both.

ADuckNamedSplash Fri 23-Dec-16 18:54:53

Hi Oky! Of course you're welcome here! It sounds like date-wise, you're in a similar position to Hells. Congratulations to you too! How's things so far?

Having just eaten my evening meal, I've seem to have developed a new symptom: heartburn. Need to get some Gaviscon - apparently it's safe in pregnancy.

OkyDoke Fri 23-Dec-16 19:17:41

Thank you Duck! Its our first too. I have a lot of dull aches in my lower abdomen and lower back at the moment as well as a metallic taste in my mouth and occasional dizzy spells! Feeling pretty good so far really. Had a very stressful day at work and the main thing getting me through wad thinking 'Next year i will hopefully be on mat leave and someone else will be dealing with all of this!' Haha!

HellsBellsK Fri 23-Dec-16 20:00:13

Welcome Oky I said hi on the August thread also but as you said I feel very far behind.
Sounds like we are due around the same time.
We are just back from dinner and I am having pain under my ribs. My back is sore also - but I have a feeling that is to do with the seats.
Yep ADuck heard Gaviscon is safe - I know my mom kept a bottle beside her bed when she was pregnant with me.

Shwighty1 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:54:26

Hey all, I'm joining you for my 2nd LO, due 7th Sept fsmile I think we're holding off telling folks til January

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 24-Dec-16 07:05:01

Hi Shwighty! Congratulations! How old is your 1st LO? How's your pregnancy so far?

Sorry to hear you're in pain, Hells - hope its eased up now.

Oky - I know that feeling! grin Will need to be guarded at work if anyone starts talking 2017 timelines, I can see myself accidentally letting something slip!

Shwighty1 Sat 24-Dec-16 09:17:01

Hi, ds1 is 2 (3in March), he was a wonderfully uncomplicated pregnancy and a home birth so I'm hoping for the same again!!

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Sat 24-Dec-16 12:15:45

Good morning, may I tentatively join? Got a (faint) bfp this morning so have calculated that I'm due on the 3/09. Any tips on avoiding drinking? I love a drink but DH doesn't so no chance of passing him mine! May have to confess to my mum tomorrow and ask her to play along with me!

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Sat 24-Dec-16 12:50:23

Hello all,

Can i join please, early positive for #2. DS1 is 21 months and Mumsnet was my home during my 1st pregnancy.

Congratulations all of you, wishing you good vibes for these nervous first few weeks xx

HellsBellsK Sat 24-Dec-16 16:16:04

Welcome, shwighthy , Macca and DontBe lets hope we have an non eventful 9 months!

Macca think I am just going to walk around with a drink in my hand. But I told my parents today so they will help.
Only problem is we are going to DH house on the 26th for dinner. His mom usually does a main thats it. But this year she went and got me Pate for starters as she knows I love it. None if them eat it so its just me. Don't know what I'm going to do. We would say it but his DH brother just got engaged and don't want to steal the thunder.

Shwighty1 Sun 25-Dec-16 10:05:28

hellsbells you could claim to have had a stomach bug and pate featured heavily in the process!!! And that you're still not quite ready to eat it yet!!

lilyborderterrier Sun 25-Dec-16 17:21:30

Hi can I join I tested positive today whoop whoop ! It'll be our 2nd we have a daughter who'll be turning 4 in February 2017.
Think it'll be early September but I'm not 100% until I get home to check the calendar!!

HellsBellsK Mon 26-Dec-16 09:08:57

Shwighty that might work okay. Think I will have to say something like that. Or else I still so full from yesterday that if it eat Pate before dinner I wont eat dinner and I will bring the pate home and enjoy it later.
Ugh - its hard as she is delighted with herself that she got me some.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas day. I just walked around with a glass of wine and it seemed to of worked.

Lily welcome and congratulations! x

Shwighty1 Mon 26-Dec-16 09:44:15

I got busted by my sil, she was over the moon and ran upstairs to squeal and she'd a tear!!! How everyone had a fab day xx

elpinguino Mon 26-Dec-16 10:10:24

Hello! Please may I join? I got a very questionable BfaintP yesterday and a much more convincing BFP today! This will be our first baby, after a miscarriage last month. We're thrilled but hugely nervous too. Not sure of due date as haven't had a period since MC but rough calculations lead to early September. Lovely to meet you and good luck to you all.

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Mon 26-Dec-16 13:22:26

Can i please post a picture of my BFP? Not sharing it anywhere else and now I've taken it i feel like i want to send it to my sister (who will be the most excited). But I'm planning to tell my family in person because i didn't have a chance to do that last time - 6 weeks to wait!

Shwighty1 Mon 26-Dec-16 15:46:25

Yey bfp fgrin urgh I'm crabby and knackered today! I remember the exhaustion of the 1st trimester from last time and its already started for this wee one! Zzzz

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Mon 26-Dec-16 20:01:05

Having some cramps and a bit of bloody cm. fingers crossed this is implantation bleeding but not hopeful.

elpinguino Mon 26-Dec-16 21:17:40

Oh Macca I'm sorry, really keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok. Thinking of you flowers

Shwighty1 Mon 26-Dec-16 21:56:33

macca hopefully just implantation, if you're concerned you could contact your gp and get a referral to an early pregnancy unit at a hospital, they may be able to look for a heartbeat next week I think

This thread is not accepting new messages.