Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The final December 2016 thread?

(694 Posts)
StubbleTurnips Fri 16-Dec-16 16:57:54

Old thread was full, so I'm setting up grumpy corner over here smile

StubbleTurnips Fri 16-Dec-16 17:02:14

Sorry to all those also feeling it, my MW is coming next week (on my birthday) to check again if a sweep would be worth it. So that's a present to look forward too hmm

DD and her friend say that he's coming Tuesday still so I've promised them a tenner each in the toy shop if they're right!

Can't remember who said at the end of last thread about inductions but I'd do ours again in a heartbeat, even though it took ages.

OrianaBanana Fri 16-Dec-16 17:16:27

My post from the end of the last thread!

I gave in and booked a sweep for Sunday. Partly because I will have childcare for DS for the next few days and partly to try and encourage her out before Christmas. DH is weirded out because it will be the male midwife I don't know, and he comes and does it in your own room at home.

Baby has gone crazy in there now and seems to be trying to fight her way out the top. confused Wrong way baby!

What is it with babies and birthdays stubble? DS hung on as close to my own birthday as he could, until he was induced. Now this one is trying to be born on DH's birthday next Wednesday I swear.

StubbleTurnips Fri 16-Dec-16 17:20:50

I have no idea! There's literally 364 other days baby, get your own birthday grin

Nojo82 Fri 16-Dec-16 17:26:20

Place marking! Feeling grumpy here too.. so so tired. Do we tend to sleep more in preparation? I do tend to sleep all night, just a lot of tossing and turning. Other nights im flat out. And i dont need the toilet throughout night so my pelvic floor should b quite strong.

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 16-Dec-16 18:01:09

Place marking for the new arrivals!

Bella1985 Fri 16-Dec-16 18:09:35

Hi! I've been lurking throughout and posted once or twice on each thread but I may become more active now that it's getting closer to the end...38 weeks today and I'm ready for this baby to come. Can't imagine what you must feel like at 40+! My only consolation if I get to 40+ will be that I didn't spend Xmas day in labour...fsmile

Just ate a spicy curry to see if anything might happen before Xmas, but I don't think it will. Baby Bella seems very comfy!

Congrats to all the mums who have met their babies! And chocolate to all those in the grumpy corner.

Bigfam Fri 16-Dec-16 18:25:29

Marking my place. This has to be the last antenatal thread ladies, then it's onwards and upwards to postnatal threads! grin

stripeyorangesocks71 Fri 16-Dec-16 18:26:43

Place marking! Hugs to all suffering, c'mon babies!!

Lovewatchingrainfall Fri 16-Dec-16 18:34:31

I am really struggling to sleep now I was sleeping fine till I hit 39weeks and so for the last two weeks I have not slept great and now needing a wee in the night which I did not need before.

BristolLFR Fri 16-Dec-16 18:40:11

Pulling up my chair in grumpy corner.

I've got a stinking cold, and midwife told me babies not going to come if you're ill. Just had a nap and woke up soaked in sweat on the sofa, I feel awful.

Going to make some spicy Asian soup to try and clear the airways, watch a shit film and go to bed I think. DH is at his Christmas party with strict instructions not to get pissed. We're hopefully having a home birth so the lack of need to drive means he might push his luck, and the unsuccessful sweep yesterday and illness means it is unlikely to be fair!

Bumbleclat Fri 16-Dec-16 19:20:46

I'm not grumpy but a bit out of sorts having lost sleep 2 nights in a row and now having slept for most of the day today.
DH has gone to a gig with mates and looked all slim and trendy when he left and I'm sat here feeling like a hippopotamus and watching trashy TV.

Boredom seems to be quite a feature of this last stage and I'm so not used to being bored.

stripeyorangesocks71 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:06:24

I'm finding myself very bored as well bumble! Babies will soon be here to occupy us!

Just had some spicy fajitas for dinner in hope it might help things move along grin it's probably just wishful thinking...

KitKat1985 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:13:10

Place marking!

Fizzyjo Fri 16-Dec-16 20:30:17

My waters went just before 6 - what an experience!!! Now contractions 5-7 mins apart but MLU said to call back about 9.30 for update. Hopefully baby will be arriving tomorrow!

BristolLFR Fri 16-Dec-16 20:31:31

Ooh good luck fizzyjo!

BristolLFR Fri 16-Dec-16 20:32:19

Yep!

StubbleTurnips Fri 16-Dec-16 20:34:04

Good luck fizzy!

Bumbleclat Fri 16-Dec-16 20:34:19

Ooh fizzy how exciting!
Let us know how you're going!!

kittyscot81 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:40:16

I've had a curry even though it will feed the digestive volcano and keep me awake half the night chugging gaviscon. I'm still hardly sleeping at all! Meant to be getting another sweep next week, worst thing about it for me was assuming the position with spd, my hips and back were agony! Made me really worried about getting stuck on a bed during labour. Anyone else with spd worried about this?

kittyscot81 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:41:10

Also good luck fizzy!

Bigfam Fri 16-Dec-16 20:44:46

Haha Bristol grin
Not true in my case (being ill and baby not arriving) she came right in the middle of a snot and cough shit storm grin I couldn't sleep properly the first week she was born because I was literally coughing ALL night.

How exciting fizzy good luck, hopefully your contractions start up soon (how strange to actually wish pain on someone confused)

Jfw82 Fri 16-Dec-16 21:50:07

Place marking.... loving my DH who has taken on everything overnight while on pat leave (tho missing him in our bed!)

TipBoov Fri 16-Dec-16 22:27:42

Good luck fizzy

duxb Sat 17-Dec-16 00:08:04

Good luck fizzy

Baby now a week old and I'm seriously thinking about formula for the night time. She still won't settle and I've bought an electric pump and have been expressing like mad. I love her so much but these nights are the loneliest, most difficult nights I've ever had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now