Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Secret Facebook group for Summer '17 babies

(12 Posts)
fuzzinmybrain Wed 07-Dec-16 13:40:32

Hello everyone! Just popping in to say I've made a secret Facebook group for Summer 2017 babies smile

If any of you would like to join, send me your email address so I can add you (it's a secret group so it's the only way to join)

savagehk Fri 09-Dec-16 18:03:12

Hi smile when does 'summer' start?

Heratnumber7 Fri 09-Dec-16 18:03:49

Why?
And why secret?

Littlemisssugarplum88 Mon 12-Dec-16 19:32:57

We have one going for July if anyone is interested smile xx

Catherinebee85 Mon 26-Dec-16 22:07:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aforestgrewandgrew Mon 26-Dec-16 22:15:10

Heratnumber7

Secret because it's Facebook, therefore links to your real name and many of the group members likely don't want evetyone they know plus any old randoms being able to read personal stuff about their pregnancy, birth, DC, DP and any other stuff they post.

Why?

Because it's a nice thing to do! I'm a member of a group like this (not via mumsnet but a very similar idea) and it's a lovely thing to be part of.

maldini Mon 26-Dec-16 22:36:35

Doesn't this defeat the object ???

aforestgrewandgrew Tue 27-Dec-16 01:15:51

Defeat what object?

Facebook is a different thing to mumsnet. A facebook group is not meant to be Mumsnet on Facebook, it'd always fail at that. It's a different format and works brilliantly for a group like this IMO. Not better than MN. Different.

Instead of picking holes why not try something new (if you have a summer due date that is). Or not <shrugs>

maldini Tue 27-Dec-16 03:53:47

No, I am in two Facebook antenatal groups from here, I know what they are thanks, what I mean is - surely mumsnet does all that stuff if you want actual privacy from strangers, and the groups is for when you want less privacy once you've started to get to know one another on here a bit in threads, just seems a bit counterproductive in this way

Denzel8 Sun 15-Jan-17 10:02:03

Please could you add me to the facebook group, I'm due end of June xx

Fizbo Sun 15-Jan-17 10:06:37

I'm due at the end of May, is that classed as summer? I really have no idea?

whitwoochantelle Mon 16-Jan-17 15:50:26

I'm September!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now