Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

#TTC1 - Second Wave grads thread!

(984 Posts)
Mooseville Mon 05-Dec-16 18:41:06

Hello!!

This is a new wave of grads for those from #TTC1 - Those on the first grade thread are dealing with poonamis and crying babies, while we are still waving our FRER's and wondering if that line is really a figment of our imagination!

Feel free to join in, if you too are embarking on this crazy journey to parenthood!!

Mooseville Mon 05-Dec-16 18:44:36

I'll start off...
Moose
BFP cycle 10/11?
EDD June 3rd

A very relieved Moose here today after a nightmare of a week following a 1:10 high risk on the NHS nuchal scan. Mainly due to my age, there were no huge indicators from my blood tests but for some reason the results came back that high!
Paid £300 for the harmony and now we're one in a million so I can relax and enjoy being knocked up now the extreme tiredness and queasiness of the first trimester have gone!

MrsG280516 Mon 05-Dec-16 19:49:58

Hi Moose

I'm MrsG
Wasn't on the TTC#1 thread too long as I luckily conceived on cycle 2 off the pill.
I owe that all to the advice and knowledge of the lovely ladies on that thread though.

EDD: 15th August 2017

Got an early scan booked in for 30th December and I'm just praying that the weeks go fast with no bleeding or scares!

Mooseville Mon 05-Dec-16 19:53:41

Hi MrsG!
How are you feeling? Any sickness? I got away with that pretty much other than a bit of queasiness, but I was exhausted. I felt like I was in a fog until a few weeks ago when it lifted!

MrsG280516 Mon 05-Dec-16 20:07:03

Nothing yet fortunately. Just feeling a bit tired, I really hope I get away without bad sickness as we go away to New York for DH's birthday in January and I'll be 8+3!

MrsG280516 Tue 06-Dec-16 08:54:07

Just saw my GP which was totally pointless, should have just booked straight in with the midwife. Next available appointment they have is 18th January when I'll be 10+1, is that quite late for a booking appointment??!

Mooseville Tue 06-Dec-16 10:06:41

That's pretty much when I had mine! As long as you're happy and you've got no problems, then it's fine. They didn't do very much at mine. Height, weight, medical history and a run down of what to expect appointment wise and when... bit of an anticlimax really! I've not heard anything from her since either!

WantingBaby1 Tue 06-Dec-16 11:57:03

Hello ladies!

So excited to join this thread smile

Age 30
BFP cycle 2
EDD 7 Aug

I'm 5 wks 1 day. Feeling tired but OK. No sickness or nausea yet. Had a GP apt to book in, will receive a midwife apt in due course. Had my flu jab too.

Excellent news re your results moose

Good luck with your scan mrs I'm hoping for an early one just before Xmas when I'll be 7.5wks

Mooseville Tue 06-Dec-16 12:17:14

Hi wanting

Congrats on the BFP!

It's going to be quite a cosy thread with just us three for now! Let's hope it gets busier very soon!!!!

My sister in law is having a c section today. Hopefully all being well I'll have a newborn cuddle tonight! It's so weird, I still can't quite grasp, even after two scans, that there's an actual baby growing inside me!!

kavanaughkj Tue 06-Dec-16 13:12:23

Thanks for starting this off, Moose - and what a relief to hear your results smile. Just had a scan today and feeling brave enough to join over here - all apparently going as expected for this point in my pregnancy.

My intro:

I'm Kav - am 37 but will be 38 at EDD, which is August 8 (day after you, Wanting!)

I got my bfp on cycle 11. Currently only 5 weeks so mega early on, but so happy to be here at long last!!

Mooseville Tue 06-Dec-16 14:26:41

Hi kav

Congrats on your scan! Isn't it funny seeing that little blob! Did you get to see the heartbeat or is 5 weeks still too early?

So relieved for the results! A word of warning as you're the exact same age as me kav Do be prepared for high risk screening results from the NHS. My bloods were all within normal and so was the nuchal measurement - just a bit high but I still got 1:10. The midwifes couldn't really explain why, just that it was a grey area due to my age!!! If I'd have known I would have paid for the private harmony test from the start and avoided this worry!!! I can't believe false positive rates of the nuchal test are over 30%!

kavanaughkj Tue 06-Dec-16 15:19:44

Didn't see a thing, Moose! I actually had the scan booked because I was worried I had a cyst a month or so back that was hurting me, and I wanted them to check my ovaries and tubes to make sure nothing was blocked as I was worried about my fertility! Kept the scan date because I wanted to check on the cyst anyway, and I was curious what I'd see at this early stage. smile Turns out whatever that stabby pain was, it wasn't a cyst - and I did ovulate from the side I'd thought, too. All they could confirm at this stage about the pregnancy though was that everything is ticking along exactly as it should be - that the womb lining is thickening nicely. Baby too small to see, apparently!

I have a GP appointment on Thursday - that was initially booked up to chat over going for fertility treatment. I'll now be able to go and tell them I'm pregnant, which feels utterly bizarre!

Re: the Downs test ... I'd like to pay for the earlier one I think, or I'll end up driving myself nuts. Sorry you had to worry like that - it's a shame the private tests aren't offered on the NHS.

Mooseville Tue 06-Dec-16 15:38:21

It's crazy to think how fast a baby grows as I had a viability scan at 7 weeks and there was a definite blob and heartbeat. Nature is blumming crazy!!!

I think some of the private scan places do special offers, so an early scan, harmony and nuchal scan for a set price? And they are so much more detailed and descriptive about what you're seeing, well than my NHS one anyway. The sonographer hardly uttered a word! What part of the country are you? I recommend the Fetal Medical Centre on Harley St in London. They were fab for our early scan and the cost goes back into research so you're not just lining fat cats pockets! Ha ha Just wish I'd booked the package!

I'll stop ranting about the nuchal tests now I've got all that off my chest!

HepKestrel Tue 06-Dec-16 15:48:50

<shameless snooping>

The heart beat can first be detected between 7-9 weeks, so if you have a very early scan don't panic about inconclusive heartbeat.

<Skulks back to TTC thread. Save me a seat>

WantingBaby1 Tue 06-Dec-16 15:57:42

How much was the scan at Harley st moose? I'm keen to go before Xmas just to ensure everything is where it's meant to be.

LovelyFishy Tue 06-Dec-16 16:00:51

<pops head round door>

Anyone mind if I sign up here to? grin

Mooseville Tue 06-Dec-16 16:20:52

It was £100 for the viability scan and then I think the package for harmony and nuchal scan is £400? Not sure on that as I didn't do it!
It's probably the only time I'll ever be posh enough to have anything medical on Harley Street! grin

Hi fishy Come on in!!!

kavanaughkj Tue 06-Dec-16 16:25:15

Fishy! Not in the slightest! Nice to see familiar names in here :-) that means you too Hep ;-)

Wanting, the package looks to be £400, which considering the Harmony scan on its own is £500 is a bloody good deal which I am tempted to avail myself of! I'm in the south, about 1 hr on the train from London so Harley St is very doable.

MrsG280516 Tue 06-Dec-16 16:25:55

Hi Fishy! My early scan was £99 through Ultrasounds Direct, not exactly Harley Street but we barely have any private clinics around here (North East).

kavanaughkj Tue 06-Dec-16 16:26:08

Moose, I think the package includes the viability scan :-)

Mooseville Tue 06-Dec-16 17:01:40

Well I personally think that's a great deal as I have ended up paying £400 anyway for the early scan and harmony through NHS and having a horrible week of worry and tears and conversations we never thought we would have to have about discussing our options. I would have paid £1000! However, you guys might have completely normal nuchal test results and if not even be an issue! I feel as though I've scaremongered a bit!!!
The Fetal Medicine centre were really fab though, the woman doing our scan was lovely and was pointing out all little things that she could like little buds where the arms would grow etc... in contrast our 12 week scan the sonographer was silent, I panicked and thought something wrong and had to ask if everything was ok. And he just said yes! He played a heartbeat and I didn't even know if it was mine or the babies!!! 😂
It was a bit bizarre!!!

LovelyFishy Tue 06-Dec-16 17:27:35

Super to see all you ladies here! The other board is great but a lot of baby talk and I'm not quite there yet!

Fishy
EDD: 19th May 2017

Moose so happy to hear your results were ok, that week of worry must have been the worst!

Congratulations Wanting, MrsG and Kav on the BFP's! grin

Hep I shall instruct my cat to zealously guard your seat and keep it warm until you arrive.

kavanaughkj Tue 06-Dec-16 18:30:27

Heehee. Thanks Fishy! You can be the sage experienced one showing all us newbies the way fgrin Also expecting additional company here soon with Musicgirl just getting her BFP today smile it's been an embarrassment of riches the last couple of weeks after a dry spell!

Am trying to keep this secret at work and at this time of the year it's really hard! So many parties where I have to carefully pass up alcohol - there's even a spa day with colleagues in 2 weeks that I'd booked up to have massages on which I now have to change to a mani/pedi with an excuse that I want to look good for a party! Hadn't anticipated this - I would love to tell them but it's still so early in the pregnancy - and I'm still on my probationary period for another two weeks confused

Mooseville Wed 07-Dec-16 06:17:10

kav If it's a busy party where you can wander round, I had the advice to accept drinks that were bought and then just carry one round. People notice when you refuse a drink but don't actually take any notice of whether you've drunk them! You can then subtlety just 'forget' where you've put it down and get another!
It's hard not telling people, but then it's also lovely to have a special secret!!!!

MrsG280516 Wed 07-Dec-16 09:32:51

I have a family meal tomorrow for my mum's birthday which is hard to navigate but when I saw my mum on Monday I casually slipped in that I won't be drinking as I'm on antibiotics for a UTI (not a complete lie, I finished them on Monday!). She bought it pretty quickly so we should be okay there.

Work Christmas party next Wednesday, I'm hoping everyone will just be sticking with ordering their own drinks then I can just get diet coke and pretend it has vodka in it!

We're telling DH's parents on Christmas Eve and my parents on Christmas Day. I've bought little "weeks until we are grandparents" countdown plaques for them as it will be the first grandchild on both sides. So excited to tell them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now