Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in June, 12 week scans happening and coming up!

(993 Posts)
VeganMama83 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:06:37

Starting us off!

NappingRabbit Thu 24-Nov-16 17:35:26

Thanks Vegan!

Difficultyear2015 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:37:09

Marking my place for thread 4

catlady15 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:45:38

Hi everyone, I have been stalking for a little while and loving all the lovely scan pics!

I'm off to Kenya next week which is both exciting and a little scary! I told my boss I wasn't going to go, then talked to mw and travel nurse and decided it should be fine. Anyone else done long haul travel while preggars?

9 + 4

Myusername2015 Thu 24-Nov-16 17:48:46

Hi all; joining in the fun...10 +1; first scan next Tuesday...but I am absolutely petrified it's my first and am convinced it will be bad news...any tips on easing the panic?

MumofthreeandBean Thu 24-Nov-16 17:58:23

six I would give anything for 4 bedrooms!! My dd has a box room and all might be possible if the twins were 1 of each,but then dh read that a 13 yr old needs their own room! This means we need a 5 bed house!!! That's not happening!
We live in a housing association house and swaps to 4/5 beds are extremely rare in this area,we are just gonna have to manage!

Nurse said my cough is viral so can't help, poor ds was hanging out the car window incase I was sick earlier!

Passmethecrisps Thu 24-Nov-16 18:02:14

Hi all. Just checking in.

I am getting a bit fed up of feeling sick every evening. It would be a novelty to stay up beyond 9pm

MundayCakes85 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:02:31

Joining the thread! I also didn't want any testing, didn't last time and felt the same this time.
Anyone want to guess the sex from my scan?

Passmethecrisps Thu 24-Nov-16 18:04:02

Whoops! Too soon.

The scan pics are great. So exciting

I did the NHS 3x2 hour sessions last time as I had barely held a baby never mind anything else. It was useful but not for making pals.

I am pleased to see wellie again. Good news indeed

MrsPotatoHead80 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:28:00

Place marking

10+3

KittyVonCatsington Thu 24-Nov-16 18:31:17

Another thread!? Wow!!! Thanks Vegan!!!

Think DD is helping me prep for night feeds again-up in the middle of the night three nights in a row now! <zzzzzzzzz>

RoseBud2016 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:32:21

Congratulations Lorrie and Munday on your scans today. Gorgeous!!!

Can anyone tell me, if i got referred to the midwife by my GP over a week ago, when would I expect to hear from them about booking in? Do I start chasing yet?

Bringing up the rear...... 8+5

RoseBud2016 Thu 24-Nov-16 18:33:05

Oops! 8+6 in fact! smile

LollyCake Thu 24-Nov-16 18:44:20

Ooh new thread!

catlady I went to Dubai when I was 5/6 weeks pregnant and last time I went to Oman when I was 9/10 weeks. It wasn't that bad really, just made sure I drank loads of water and walked around a bit. Also wore some attractive flight socks. It helped that I was only really sick in the mornings and evenings and we had afternoon flights booked. How long are you away for? I'm sure it will all be fine.

Sixisthemagicnumber Thu 24-Nov-16 18:50:45

I think our bedroom self resolved today mumofthree. DH has discovered for the millionth time that ds2's bedroom is a complete health hazard. I have been telling him for the past three years that ds2 should be moved to the smaller room and have his stuff streamlined as he cannot take care of so much stuff and so much space. DH has finally agreed. There is no built in cupboards in the smaller room so nowhere to hide piles of rotting food or heaps of dirty washing. So the toddler and new baby will share the biggest bedroom and ds will have the smaller room. We do have a reception room which we could
Convert to a bedroom but I'm so old fashioned that I would rather we all slept upstairs (I don't know why) hmm

MumofthreeandBean Thu 24-Nov-16 18:57:37

six fantastic!! Stinky teenagers!! 😂

Masweetpea1 Thu 24-Nov-16 19:05:08

Marking my place!
12+4

lazybutton Thu 24-Nov-16 19:13:25

Marking place too whilst I catch up X

lazybutton Thu 24-Nov-16 19:14:51

Oops forgot the important bit - 9+3

catlady15 Thu 24-Nov-16 19:26:07

That's reassuring lolly, thanks! I already have some lovely flight socks and fingers crossed haven't really suffered from morning sickness yet! It's for less than a week and we'll be in the capital doing a workshop so all pretty low risk.

Secretly excited that it might be little bean's and my first adventure together! I had said I wouldn't buy anything until after scan, but I'd like to get some kind of little memento smile

mrspage1985 Thu 24-Nov-16 19:32:44

Place marking in new thread!!
Well done to all the beautiful babies getting there photos taken the last few days!! Xx

HighHopes16 Thu 24-Nov-16 19:53:45

Marking my place. 9+1

LorrieJ Thu 24-Nov-16 20:19:25

Thanks for setting this up Vegan

HazyHazyJeans Thu 24-Nov-16 20:59:39

Marking my place smile

Sixisthemagicnumber Thu 24-Nov-16 21:07:36

I need to eat. I have barely eaten all day. I had a banana for breakfast. A mince pie for lunch and We had fish and chips for dinner but I only ate 2 forkfuls of fish and about 4 chips. I have lost 5lb since getting pregnant because I have very little appetite. I know I will eat loads in the second and third trimesters and gain too much weight blush but I am worried about my current lack of appetite. Anybody else struggling to eat enough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now