Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness

(5 Posts)
Unicorn34 Wed 23-Nov-16 11:04:36

I am hoping that someone will have the magic cure for morning sickness! My DD is 8 weeks pregnant (soooo excited to becoming a granny for the first time) and is having a dreadful time with nausea and vomiting.

Are there any MNs out there who have tried and tested ways of helping this? She is finding it hard to eat breakfast/lunch as by the time her tummy has settled, she is at work (she is a postie) and its hard to find time to eat.

Thanks in advance smile

DoinItFine Wed 23-Nov-16 11:06:00

Congratulations flowers

And no. sad

sparkle789 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:23:56

Has she seen her gp?

I had terrible sickness lost 12lbs in 6 days so went to the doctor. They prescribed anti- sickness medication. I still feel sick and am sick at times but nowhere near as much and can function again!

SarahOoo Sat 03-Dec-16 09:30:00

I travel in my job each day visiting clients so I was so worried about how to cope. Snacking little and often is best. Never get hungry as that makes it worse. I'm 21 weeks and was two weeks clear of sickness and left it awfully late last night to eat and was sick!

Getting up a little earlier and just sitting up in bed for 15-20 mins helped me, I found the shock of just waking up from being horizontal to vertical was a killer. After 5 minutes I'd then eat Rits crackers to line my tummy (kept these by my bed - recommendations from others!).

Using a toothbrush was put great as I also developed a hatred for toothpaste but taking the brushing slow and not pushing it in too much so as not to gag!

Plain foods were best, annoyingly they still are so missing lots of nice things still! Always had crisps on me, cereal bars, bottle of water and lunch bags so throw up in.

Being a postie can't be easy as there's the physical side of the job too plus not many loos!

Another tip is not to walk too fast, take her time and deep breaths! Best of luck!

Carolina80 Fri 13-Jan-17 21:43:59

I'm just over 6 weeks and suffering from sickness and nausea too. I haven't found anything to help the nausea but j have found if I wake up 30 mins earlier in the morning, eat a banana and then go back to bed for 30 mins then I can keep it down. If I drink or eat anything and then move around then it comes straight up. At lunchtime I just eat very dry foods and have a big meal in the evenings. She has a difficult job to do in terms of early pregnancy symptoms. Hope it passes quickly for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now