Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in February 2017- Thread #10

(279 Posts)
Readyfortwo Tue 22-Nov-16 13:04:45

Hope you found it ok ladies!

LondonGirl83 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:01:46

Ready thanks for that website. I'm definitely signing up for that alert. This is one of the last expensive items we need as we got so much at the baby show and now also from the baby shower. I also want the Aden Anais sleeping bag in gray stars.

Bisquick our pram's seat can lay completely flat and we can fit the car seat directly on top of the flat seat rather than have to carry either when using the other (this is a big plus of the bugaboo bee). We aren't using a carry cot as its not needed for the Bugaboo Bee as the seat can lay flat making it suitable from birth-- we will use a footmuff to make it more cosy though.

When out for longer than two hours, our plan is to do a combination of things. Assuming we are going somewhere-- restaurant, friends house museum, etc-- once we actually get where we are going, we will take off the car seat and store it and just use the pram (almost everywhere has some place you can check things like a car seat based on using my Brompton Bike in London). If we then go out some place else (and aren't coming to back to where we've been) we'll put her in the car seat attached to the pram for up to two hours. We'll bring the sling in case we are walking around without stopping off for more than two hours but honestly, I think that will be very rare. Our friends with kids do the same and its not a problem.

I hope that helps. These features plus how compact and lightweight it is are really what tipped me in favor of the Bugaboo Bee 3. It really is perfect for urban living. The iCandy Rasberry has virtually all of the same features (its basically a dead copy of the Bugaboo Bee).

LondonGirl83 Tue 22-Nov-16 14:02:09

Ready forgot to say thanks for the new thread!

CuriosityDoor Tue 22-Nov-16 14:10:39

A friend of mine was telling me about this www.argos.co.uk/product/3196038 I don't know anything more about it so best to do some research but could be an option?

My sister has given me her old travel system but I'm reading a book that says not to use second hand car seats and now I have THE FEAR.

kikisdelivery Tue 22-Nov-16 14:13:59

Marking my spot! grin

LondonGirl83 Tue 22-Nov-16 15:16:25

Curiosity second hand is only bad as it may have been in accident from what I've read. Assuming you trust your sister, I'm sure it will be fine.

Bisquick Tue 22-Nov-16 15:19:40

Thanks London - super useful as always!

Bisquick Tue 22-Nov-16 15:21:33

Curiousity - I'd imagine you'd still have the 2 hour time limit though since the seat doesn't recline fully?

Readyfortwo Tue 22-Nov-16 16:36:09

London- I just bought a chair thing on Black Friday lightning deal & the price isn't yet showing on Camel. Not sure if lightning deals don't show up or if it just takes a little while to filter through. Still worth having the alert but you prob should keep an eye on the lightning deals too.

FriendlyGhost Tue 22-Nov-16 16:48:51

Marking my place. Thanks for the new thread smile

twocatsandatoddler Tue 22-Nov-16 16:56:42

Curiosity I'd totally use a second hand car seat or borrow one from a friend if I knew the person I'd got it from and trusted that it hadn't been in an accident. It's no different to us re-using our car seat we had with DS1 for this baby. The issue is buying them second hand when you don't know the history as being in an accident can make them unsafe.

CuriosityDoor Tue 22-Nov-16 17:07:06

Ah ok cool. Thanks for the reassurance! The child isn't even here yet and I'm already full of guilt and worry! smile

BoomKapow Tue 22-Nov-16 17:40:23

Bisquick I don't think you can send a pic on a PM but here are the Which? scores for the Baby Jogger products.

Shellbell0403 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:09:54

Marking my spot x

Keepingupwiththejonesys Tue 22-Nov-16 21:15:57

Marking my spot! I'm gonna be making the effort to check in with you lovely ladies once a week now. Found chatting with others who are expecting a life saver in the third trimester last time around.

29+4 today, I can't believe how fast its going and I just know December will fly by. Here's a pic of my bump two days ago!

GinIsIn Tue 22-Nov-16 21:39:28

Hi all, sorry - I lost track of the other thread! 28+4 here and starting to feel very ready for this to be done! grin

Roseandwine Tue 22-Nov-16 22:30:42

Is there any way I could jump on the Facebook page ladies? I had forgotten how frustrating the mn format can be!

FriendlyGhost Tue 22-Nov-16 22:42:11

Rose I can invite you if you pm me your email address that you use to access your FB account.
28+5 today and feeling huge and exhausted. December is really going to fly by so it doesn't feel like long until we'll be meeting our babies!

Mysterycat23 Wed 23-Nov-16 06:52:36

Thanks Ready!

Oneiroi Wed 23-Nov-16 08:28:55

Hello! Found you!

I have been so sick again the last few days with a cold and fever, I was stuck in bed since Thursday sad but had to drag myself into London today through the train strike to do an hour and a half of presenting at a conference. Not sure how I'm going to do it, I'm too weak to even stand for that long and can't think straight. Wish me luck so I don't make a fool of myself! confused

I am not agreeing to anything else like this for the foreseeable future!

teabagsmummy Wed 23-Nov-16 08:50:56

I don't know how much more off work I can cope with sad I'm utterly exhausted Not meant to finish till 1st January think about finishing Christmas week but it means less time with the baby when he's here

GinIsIn Wed 23-Nov-16 08:59:16

EURGGGGGHH. Just eurrrghhhh. Another one who's struggling a bit here now - I have a nearly 2 hour commute each way and both of those involve traipsing up a reeeeeally steep hill. I'm sleeping terribly and having weird pregnancy dreams again - not sure how much longer I can keep this up for! And I am not meant to finish until the second week of Jan. sad

Oneiroi Wed 23-Nov-16 09:03:25

I won't be finishing until mid-Feb sad

basket75 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:12:53

Hello everyone, please could you add me to the FB page?

inmyeyes Wed 23-Nov-16 09:49:40

Another one who is struggling here too - and my commute is not nearly as bad as some of you. Have a cold and not sleeping well at the moment, which aren't helping. Finishing on 6th Jan but hoping that the Christmas break before will help keep me going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now