Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Due in March 07 - in the immortal words of "Europe": It's the final countdown....!

(993 Posts)
boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 14:19:28

NEW THREAD!!!! Could this be the last one before we all start to drop???

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 14:21:31

Well come on come on, where are you all!?

foxabout2pop Wed 14-Feb-07 14:30:07

I'm here!!!

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 14:31:36

Yay! "If you build it, they will come"

spongecake Wed 14-Feb-07 14:33:13

hi mossy! have been sleeping- and am about to look at flights for in laws to come visit when baby is here. easyjet are giving away £10 for flights booked as its valentines, which is nice

tried to hire tens machine but mothercare moving warehouse or something and not sending any out til next week! Funny way to run a biz... the laddo on customer service told me I could pay an extra £5 and they would deliver faster for me next week. can't you just take an order and post it Monday? app not! sorry, rant over

really want to go back to bed, but was awake all last night with loo/ baby kicking and thrashing about.. dp so exhausted this morning, felt guilty for staying in bed (but did anyway)

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 14:34:44

Spongecake I think you should go back to bed anyway!

Where do your inlaws live?

foxabout2pop Wed 14-Feb-07 14:35:31

sponge I googled and ordered one from "baby care" or "baby tens" or something. £23.99 for 30 days and arrived the very next day.

Leoladyofleisure Wed 14-Feb-07 14:42:46

Still hanging around here, not much change but I am getting more than BH contractions now, I just think its going to take time for them ot get going. Unfortunately that pineapple is just not ripe enough!

Sazzy I emailed you!

Spongecake, go back to bed! Your dh can catch up on his sleep tonight, you will be out of bed again to go to the loo 100 times so can't catch up. You are sustaining 2 bodies he isn't.

36+1 (37 weeks full term for twin pregnancies and they won't let me go past 38 and if possible I don't want to be induced!)

sazzybee Wed 14-Feb-07 14:45:41

Found you! Lovely new thread - and I like the title too

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 14:47:43

Leo seriously do you think this could be it?

CallieNewMum Wed 14-Feb-07 14:54:46

I put a long and depressing post on the last thread before I realised there was a new one, so I will just say we're home as of Sunday, baby is fine, sadly I"m not, and I hope you are all well.

Ooh, Leo, just read your post - is this it?? Best of luck birthday twin!

1973magpie Wed 14-Feb-07 15:05:44

Ooh, a nice shiny new thread

Just a quick hello, and hope you are all well, as I have dd coming home in a bit from gps.

Callie, sorry to hear you are feeling down at the moment. It must be so hard with all that you have been through in the last few weeks. Great news that you are all home, you must be doing well, as I thought babies who were premature had to stay in hospital until around their original due date?

I don't really have any useful advice re the breastfeeding, as I only managed 6 weeks with dd, perhaps keep trying to express to boost your supply, whilst carrying on with the top ups?

For better advice it might be worth posting about it in the breastfeeding section in the hope that tiktok or someone else more knowledgable can help?

Keep your chin up, from what I've read you are doing fantastically so far

Leo - Ooh, that's exciting, keep us posted with any developments

Leoladyofleisure Wed 14-Feb-07 15:14:34

Callie, i replied to your post on the old thread.

I really think they are real contractions now, but nothing is changing very quickly... could just be wishful thinking!

spongecake Wed 14-Feb-07 15:22:30

thx fox will have a rummage on the internet for a tens. my in laws live in the south of france.. wish we were going to theirs really but a bit soon to fly with a new baby, assuming i don;t go over my due date.

Leo, this is v exciting news.. good luck if it is!

foxabout2pop Wed 14-Feb-07 15:27:00

Leo - wow looks as though you are going to produce babies in the next few days!!!!

Jaysecond Wed 14-Feb-07 15:30:23

i am not even going to say how much you lots chat!

I thin you are right mossy, i reckon this has to be the last one before it all kicks off!!!!

The buggers spongecake, you have every right to rant. I bought one from ebay last time (about £40) with DD not sure how much it helped me really but i had it going from the first contraction, i think! I dug it out yesterday actually and hooked it up to see if it still worked, it bought back loads of memories! Hoping for a water birth this time but will def use it prior to that, all being well!

Leo go and get a ripe one!! pinapple i mean, its soooooo close now isnt it maybe its all you need to kick start you!

Callie sorry to hear you are feeling pants, you are doing a marvellous job and dont you forget it, you are allowed to get a bit overwhelmed and emotional about it all, its your right! I am sure things will pick up, you just have to give it some time chickpea, glad you are home now though, hugs to you all.

Well DD was much better last night, i only got up once to her, the other four times i had to get up to go to the loo, and the SPD is getting worse, so when i do have to get up it takes me about 3-5 mins before i can move my legs, its a right pain, then i am hobbling to the loo, nose still streaming, feeling bunged up to the hilt, DH is still ill so hes coughing all night long....other than that tho i am fine!
Hosted the coffee meeting had 11 mums and babies turn up so it was like a creche more than anything, thankfully DH helped with the making of coffees so that was cool!

Had MF today, fungus height, 40cms...so in keeping with the growth scan measurements of Monday, i think also that the 'boy' is going to come early, no idea why , just a gut feeling going on how big i / he is...time will tell i guess!

Right off to try amuse a 13mth yr old who wants to be picked up , put down , picked up ,put down, picked up...etc etc etc!

36+4
Boy - no name yet

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 15:31:53

Callie I'm sorry you're feeling really down.

Perhaps you could post something in the breast / bottle feeding thread, someone there might be able to help?

I can imagine it must be really difficult if you have planned to do something and it means so much to you.

But you know, if you do bottle feed him (please don't everyone shoot me down in flames for saying this I know it's a contraversial subject and this is only imvho) it isn't the end of the world. (Sometimes I think if you read some of the MN posts you'd think formula was polonium or something!) You have done so so so so much for him already.

Anyway big {{{{hugs}}}} to you and Jordi.

Hello magpie haven't seen you for a couple of days... you know you can't disappear off or we will think you've gone into labour!!

(Although seriously has anyone seen Bethoo?)

rosylonginglily Wed 14-Feb-07 15:36:31

Callie, you have been holding yourself together through alot of stress, now he is home you can finally start to relax and you probably need to cry and let it all out now.

My sister was tortured with mastitus and also with terrible feelings of failure about the whole thing, but you have done so well with the breast feeding already, what a marathon it's been. Don't worry you can get treatment for pnd if that happens, be patient and kind to yourself. Everything will fall into place and settle down.

Leo keep us posted! will be so exciting if you are going into labour now!

foxabout2pop Wed 14-Feb-07 15:37:35

Callie - just read your post re BF. I had mastitis four times with DS and was really upset, but managed to carry on feeding.

I eventually learnt how to massage the blockage away while feeding.

Have you tried sitting in a hot bath and expressing by hand - at the same time stroking towards the nipple where the blockage is? Also, when feeding, stroke away the blockage towards the nipple, to break it up.

Sometimes you need to be quite forceful with the stroking to get rid of the blockage, as you are physically breaking up the blocked milk to free it.

You can ring the NCT breastfeeding line on :0870-444-8708 for on the spot afvice and they can also give you the contact details of a local BF counsellor, who can observe you feeding DS and advise you what to do next.

Good luck my dear [hugs]

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 15:57:07

Jay you must be knackered with your coffee morning and SPD and all, hope you get some rest!

Foxy that thread you and Kitty were on about guidlines and the like is kicking off again... go on go and kick some ass!

Oh and when I said "contraversial" I meant "controversial"

AmieR Wed 14-Feb-07 16:10:27

Jay - glad your fungus is corresponding and the DD seems to be on the mend.. hope you get a chance to put your feet up, you must be shattered.

Callie - Sorry you are down, thinking of you, just keep that chin up, you've done wonderfully well. I think if I was you I'd be a wreck!

Moss - My husband loves castles and battleground sites too.

Got the Ham hock on.. just finished chopping the onions for the "pea thing" Peas, pancetta and onions slow cooked in veg stock.. just having a rest before the rosti needs doing.. hope DH approves, esp as its not beef!

I'm looking forward to pud.. chocolate roulade!

boredwithwaitingforminiMOSSY Wed 14-Feb-07 16:23:26

Amie castles are boss, although I think dh is more into it than I am. He is proper into mediaeval battles and weaponary. (Whilst being a bit of a pacifist lentil weaver type, not sure how that works !)

We also own a replica one and a half handed sword. Technical term is a "bastard sword" which dh says is great because when you're a kid you can swear and get away with it!

That pudding sounds lovely!!

I phoned dh before and tbh he is now too stressed and down about his interview tomorrow to think about Valentine's stuff any more. So at least that's let me off the hook. At least that is something tangible with which I can actually help rather than a sulk!!

kiwibella Wed 14-Feb-07 16:23:29

mmmm, Amie - tempting!! Enjoy your meal tonight.

Jay - you are a star. I can't imagine having one friend over let alone hosting 11. Good on your dh for mucking in . I bet he won brownie points among the mums.

Good and bad news from you Callie. I hope that some of the advice from our experienced mums helps. Glad to hear that Jordi is doing so well. What a rollercoaster time this has been for you.

Hubs makes 3 for the castle / battleground lovers. He is in ecstacy whenever we visit one - there's nothing that old in NZ

Lots of juicy pineapple vibes coming your way Leo .

rosylonginglily Wed 14-Feb-07 16:25:07

Amie that sounds yum! think I'll be boiling some potatoes and opening some beans and fish fingers(again) I have lost the will to cook

AmieR Wed 14-Feb-07 16:39:10

never cooked Ham hocks before... thought i'd try something new. hope they turn out ok! i like cooking, keeps my mind occupied!

Tho I did just get back into the kitchen to find the dog chewing his way through my oven gloves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now