Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2017

(999 Posts)
Blink1982 Sun 20-Nov-16 16:45:37

Wow can't believe I'm here 😁 I had a look, but couldn't see any other threads. Hopefully I won't be alone.

This will be our second baby. DS is 3.... 4 in january. EDD should be about 2nd August I think.

Hope I'm not alone for too long!

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 07:51:12

Hi blink, joining you! Worked out my EDD is 30th July but I was 10 days overdue with DS so spud will definitely be an August baby I reckon!
DS is 14 months so will be just shy of 2 once the baby comes. We wanted a small age gap but were planning on holding off ttc until January after now as wanted to enjoy the Christmas festivities booze
I've had two instances of spotting after a poo this week so I was convinced I wasn't pregnant & now I'm a little nervous I will m/c so I'm thinking if I don't get anymore bleeding I'll book an early scan next month to check. No point worrying but unfortunately I googled far too many stats in my first pregnancy so I know it may not be good!
But today I am pregnant smile

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 08:07:00

Congratz!! I think there's definately something in the hormones that make us worry about every little thing. Our normal selves would tell us it's fine.

I'M a bit gutted I'll be missing out on the xmas booze but i managed one day without so far so things are looking up 😁

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 08:35:35

Congrats to you too (sorry I was overwhelmed & a bit rude there) 😂
Yeah & I have two work dos coming up too! One next week and one in Dec so I'm wondering how the hell im going to manage to pull it off that I'm not pregnant. Everybody already keeps asking me when I'm having another! We're quite a close team but I don't fancy telling anyone this early!
I'm a rubbish liar too. I want to lose some weight this pregnancy - still haven't lost any with DS so I might go with the 'healthy lifestyle' excuse grin hopefully nobody will ask me outright...

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 08:54:07

I've been doing sw since ds and I've lost 5st! But I'm still going to carry on doing sw because my bmi is 30 so I'm still classed as obese. My thinking is, if I stick with sw throughout I won't end up in the disgusting state I was last time.

Ppl at work ask about 'having another' here too, I can only imagine it's because they have nothing else to say and want to make convo by making you feel uncomfortable

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 11:31:48

That's brilliant! My BMI is 32 so I can definitely lose some weight this pregnancy. I put on 3 stone that I haven't lost & did want to lose it first before pregnancy but now I just need to concentrate on being healthy. Might try SW & swimming.

I spoke with DH about the comments recently & he said he gets the same at work so I think it is a convo starter. Anyone who has one child must automatically want another confused (I'm an only child and happily so)

Mrskjneate Mon 21-Nov-16 14:18:19

Hi ladies! Its nice to see a couple of others expecting in Aug 2017! We've only been trying for 3 weeks but today did my first test and got the faintest line!!! AF not due until sunday so need to wait for a definite answer really. All new to this...will be first child if i am pregnant!

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 14:44:32

Congrats mrskj!! Your going to have so much fun. Having a baby is shit but I love having a toddler 😂

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 14:58:31

Congrats mrs that's very fast! I bet you're shocked too. We've been trying for a few months. Well having unprotected sex anyway (only once a month hence my surprise 😂). I have been tracking my periods but they were irregular after DS so didn't realise it was my fertile time!
Is AF your period? Mines due tomorrow & was a strong line this morn but It's a good sign to have any line 6 days before I assume? I really don't understand any of the ttc talk as DS wasn't planned & this one was but like I say we were just "seeing how it goes". grin
Booked my doctors app for next Tuesday when she'll give me midwifes details to have my booking in app. Anyone else booking in or am I just being super keen? I work full time so I needed to plan it as I have annual leave that day!

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 15:00:45

Toddlers are the best aren't they? I look at DS and tear up sometimes he's so adorable. I agree the baby stage was too stressful for me but obviously wasn't too bad if we're doing it all again wink

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 15:01:52

Oh & I haven't told DH yet! Can't believe mumsnet are the first to know grin

Mrskjneate Mon 21-Nov-16 15:13:15

My DH cant wait for the toddler stage! Personally im excited for all of it smile. As its out first baby, do you ladies have any creative ways of telling parents/in laws?

Mrskjneate Mon 21-Nov-16 15:21:40

Sorry only just seen your first reply! Yes its happened very quickly, but as i said the line on the pregnancy test was incredible faint!! Might just be getting my hopes up and imagining it!! Even when we werent actively trying i thought i was pregnant a number of times. Too eager i think! Yes AF is period, not due until sunday so also v early in testing. when do you recommend i book my gp appt?

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 15:37:09

We had an early scan done at 9 weeks with DS (didnt find out until I was 7ish weeks) then just showed them the pics. My dads reaction was hilarious, he went quiet, didn't say anything & changed the subject then 5 mins later it's like it suddenly clicked! There are lots of funny ways to do a 'pregnancy announcement' on instagram/Pinterest but I felt so awkward telling people I didn't want to draw any attention to myself!

A line is a line however faint! But id leave it a few days or wait till Saturday then I'm sure you'll have a really dark line. Pregnancy = nerve wracking IMO.

I really don't know re your gp app, I rang in to see if I could self-refer to the midwife but they told me to book in to see the gp first. I think the booking in app with your midwife should be done around 8 weeks so you get the details for your 12 week scan in time but I could be wrong! Maybe try ringing early next week & see what they say as it varies from each trust (I'm in Manchester)

Mrskjneate Mon 21-Nov-16 17:12:12

How do you go about getting an early scan? Thanks for all your advice!
I will wait until i have a stronger positive and ring my gp!

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 17:36:17

Oh sorry mrs I probably wasn't clear. I paid for it! It's usually around £100 but I do see deals on groupon. Loads of private ultrasound companies in city centres etc.
My midwife didn't recommend it as it doesn't necessarily mean you still won't m/c before 12 weeks & the dating isn't as accurate but it was reassuring for me.
I also paid for a 16 week gender scan & 4d scan at 30 weeks blush I was probably most ridiculous ftm there could be! grin
I have fond memories of them though although I'm going to try & hold out & not find out the sex this time round!

Mrskjneate Mon 21-Nov-16 17:58:35

Ahh thats great, i'd love to have extra scans!! Although could get quite pricey?! My DH would like to wait until birth to find out sex but i dont think i could be that patient 😁 What do you have already? Son/daughter?

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 18:45:33

We were going to do one of those freaky 3D scans for ds but didn't get round to it. I think early scans are very reassuring for some ppl... I spent practically the whole of my last pregnancy thinking something awful would happen. Because he was measuring big (he was normal size ) i was going for scans every two weeks which was nice. Sometimes it's good to have reassurance of a scan.

I'm going to go fill in the form for a midwife booking in appointment tomorrow I think. They were quick to sort it out last time.

I wanted to do some kind of geeky way of letting my mum n dad in on the news. But it seems there's someone else with big news every day at the min so don't want to over shadow them (db got a new job etc etc...)

LMHABN can't believe you've not told dh 😂

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 19:17:09

mrs yes they aren't cheap! My DH was hmm about the money but loved every second he even cried the first scan (I didn't oops grin)
I have a boy & I don't have a preference so I'm really going to try & keep it a surprise as I've already done the finding out so I'd love to experience the other side. I'd love DS to have a little brother but then again I would love a girl for all the lovely clothes shallow

blink they are freaky! I had a video taken & you could see him open his mouth & everything it was really strange. Scans are definitely reassuring I had an anterior placenta so could barely feel kicks & didn't have a pattern/etc it was a worrying time. Hoping it's posterior this time!

I think a new baby trumps a new job! grin I have some Nintendo vans & DH has some too so I was thinking about getting DS some & tiny baby ones for a foot pic (have you seen what I mean... e.g. "player 4 is loading") but it's an expensive way to make an announcement considering the price of the bloody things 😂 so that's a no go!

& In my defence DH has been in work all day & won't be home until 7.30. I've took a photo of DS in a "I'm a big brother" Tshirt & im planning on casually saying "ooh I forgot to send you this pic earlier" & sending it him. I think I'll do the same for my parents. Not long to go until he's home grin

I still don't quite believe I'm pregnant again! Don't think I'll believe it until I see the little spud on screen.

Chicken86 Mon 21-Nov-16 20:22:31

Hi ladies,

Congratulations to you all! flowers

I've been having faint positives since Friday and would be due on the 30th July too. I'm very new to this as I only came off the pill in September, to ttc baby number one.

Anyone else obsessing with tests? I've had one negative, but six positives. Since Friday evening. blushconfused

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:07:05

I've only done the one test. I was supposed to start the clearblue ovulation kit trial thingy. They ask you to take a test on day 1 of your cycle... so I did. Now I have a huge box of kit to send back to them!

I had no clue this time round, but now I know I'm starting to notice the itchy armpits I had last time (thought it was because I hadn't shaved them!) And I heaved at my bacon the other morning.

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 22:16:40

Congrats chicken I would ignore the negative.
I did three this morning only because I had some in, might do one next week before my gp app to see if there's any difference but seems. I have loads of amazon cheapies (& unused ovulation sticks) but also had a clear blue in which is what I did this morn.
I'm a massive knicker checker though, so paranoid 😂

LetMeHaveABloodyName Mon 21-Nov-16 22:18:13

blink I'm crying at everything and my nipple leaked the other day when DS was doing something really cute. It was really random I haven't bf since he was about 2 days old!
That half convinced me I was pregnant without the positive tests!

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:43:16

I did cry at Gilmore Girls last night 😂

Blink1982 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:46:23

I read somewhere that ovulation sticks... the ebay cheap type, can act as pregnancy tests... is there any truth in that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now