Talk

Advanced search

DC1 due May/June - come join me!

(44 Posts)
MoonlightMojitos Tue 15-Nov-16 17:20:15

So I'm finding it so difficult to keep up with the due dates thread, every night when I get a chance to catch up there are pages of posts and I feel a bit lost so I thought I'd see if anyone wants to join me in my own thread?

Would be nice to share experiences (and the overwhelming world of prams and other baby equipment etc!) With other people in the same boat expecting their first and around the same stage. Anyone care to join me?

MoonlightMojitos
EDD 8/6/17
Dating scan next Friday!
Bristol
I'm the first of my friends to have a baby so going in completely clueless!

MoonlightMojitos Thu 17-Nov-16 18:56:17

Bump sad

Difficultyear2015 Thu 17-Nov-16 21:54:25

My EDD is 8/6/17 too!!!

Difficultyear2015 Thu 17-Nov-16 21:55:50

I had an early scan at 8 weeks but my official 12 week scan is next Wednesday.

I'm only short at 5ft3 and think that has contributed to me having an early bump. I'm well and truly in maternity jeans from here on in.

Difficultyear2015 Thu 17-Nov-16 21:56:49

And Im 31.
Two friends have had babies but no others. Sister has two and another one on the way so she is very useful to have around

mrsbear81 Fri 18-Nov-16 09:13:26

I'm due the 28th May, very excited that you are all due on my birthday though.
I've had an 8 week scan waiting for official one next week (Tuesday) I'm the last to have a baby most already have 2!!

MoonlightMojitos Fri 18-Nov-16 17:24:08

Hi ladies smile

difficult I remember you from ttc boards, congrats on bfp! I also had an early scan at 9+1, my dating scan is next Friday. I had a mc in July so I'm still very anxious although I've had the early scan. Wish the next week would hurry along.

It's all such a minefield isn't it!

Difficultyear2015 Fri 18-Nov-16 23:20:39

moonlight I removed you too!
Congratulations!
We are pretty much running side by side with our dates ☺️

Poppydm Sat 26-Nov-16 11:55:53

Hi ladies, please can I join you? I'm finding it difficult to keep up on other threads too.
It's our first baby. EDD is 9th June. Had my first scan this week which put my date back a few days. It was totally amazing. Have you got yours soon? Hope you've been well and the first trimester hasn't been too bad for you.

JunebabyT Sat 26-Nov-16 12:12:37

Hi moonlight, I recognise you from the main thread. I can't keep up in there either but have joined the FB group which is more manageable. I don't have MN on my phone so by the time I go on there are always pages! Ask veganmama to add you after your scan if you want to join.

I'm 30, expecting DC1 on 2 June, also in Bristol (going to St Michaels) and luckily got quite a few friends and family ahead of us for tips and hopefully some hand me downs! DP's brother and SIL just had a boy in Sept, his best friend had a girl last week and my sis is having a girl in December, so lots of cousins and little buddies for our DC1.

Are you with St Michaels as well? Where in Bristol are you? Good luck with the scan. We had our 12 week scan last week then some drama and a second scan as had a huge bleed but thankfully it is all OK. Was a Nerve wracking and horrible week though.

MoonlightMojitos Sat 03-Dec-16 18:25:25

Sorry guys, I didn't realise others had replied on this! Welcome smile!!!

Had my dating scan last Friday and was moved forward a week so now 14+3! How are you all doing?

junebaby I'm technically south glos rather than central Bristol so have chosen southmead MLU. Lucky you having babies and experience around! I literally don't know anyone with a baby so doing so much research. The biggest thing for me I think will be prams though! So clueless and it's just such a choice. I had no idea how expensive these things are. So glad everything is OK now after the bleed, must have been terrifyingsad.

Pugsymalone Fri 09-Dec-16 14:43:49

Hello all ! Im ️also due 8/6/17 ️how exciting :-) morning sickness has sadly ️not buggered off ️️️️yet and was in hospital last night with a bad bleed thankfully baby is fine it was doing headstands on the ultrasound screen! I have what is called an ectroption on my cervix where the cells that should be inside my cervix are outside , no harm to baby thankfully! My big scan is 16th January I can't wait , hope everyone has a ️️fab christmas x

MissMooMoo Tue 13-Dec-16 19:36:57

Hi everyone!
Expecting my first on 17/05.
I have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks,really excited!

Poppydm Tue 13-Dec-16 21:53:20

Hey everyone, exciting about your 20 week scan Miss. Are you going to find out what you're having? Hope the sickness is easing off for you Pugsy. I'm 14+4 today and feeling so bloated. Still got tiredness too but mostly just towards the end of the evening so it's not so bad. Is this everyone's first baby? X

Pugsymalone Tue 13-Dec-16 22:04:30

Thank you Poppy sickness is easing off ive gone three days without sickness thank God so ️hopefully I can put back on the weight ive lost and more as ive lost a stone due to morning sickness sad im the same with tiredness ! X

Pugsymalone Tue 13-Dec-16 22:04:44

And yes this is my first baby im 19 x

Poppydm Tue 13-Dec-16 22:26:26

Glad to hear it's easing off. Must be awful! Fingers crossed you're over the worst of it now. Your due date is the day before mine smile I feel like these weeks are going by so fast. Are you going to find out what you're having? Has anyone started buying things yet? X

Pugsymalone Tue 13-Dec-16 22:57:41

Poppydm thank you! thought it would never go away , im finding out what im having 16th January I can't wait ! Two different clairvoyants told both me and my ex BF on different occasions that baby would be a girl so wonder if they were right ! Are you finding out? Ive picked up gender neutral baby gros bibs socks etc but not much im holding out till I find gender :-) have you x

Poppydm Wed 14-Dec-16 16:50:22

I'm hopefully finding out on a Christmas Eve! I haven't got much, just a few bits and pieces that people have bought for us. Will start getting more bits after we find out.

MoonlightMojitos Wed 14-Dec-16 17:08:16

Hi miss and pugsy!

Glad baby is ok and you're doing well pugsy that must have been a scare.

poppy I'm still really bloated too! I have a small bump when I wake up and then as soon as I eat anything I bloat right out massive! Just makes you feel sluggish and a bit crap too doesn't it.

We're definitely hoping to find out what we're having too. We were going to book a private scan for before Xmas so could do a reveal gift for our mums Xmas presents but we can't get an appointment that we can both get to so just going to wait I think.

CinnamonTwist Mon 19-Dec-16 14:15:40

Hi moonlight I've only just spotted this thread! Mind if I join in? I'm due 3 May with DC #1

MoonlightMojitos Mon 19-Dec-16 22:19:49

Of corse not, Welcome! It's a bit quiet lol. How are you getting on? Be nice to have someone a few weeks ahead to find out what's coming up next!

halfbuffy Mon 19-Dec-16 22:35:06

Hello! Can I join in? Due on 30th of May so could fall into either month!

MoonlightMojitos Mon 19-Dec-16 23:00:00

Welcome! I'm due 31st May so expect it'll end up being June!

halfbuffy Mon 19-Dec-16 23:02:13

Moonlight you must have your 20 week scan close to me then (10th January), are you going to find out the sex??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now