Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

New december 2016 thread! Will there be arrivals on this thread I wonder?

(996 Posts)
Bigfam Tue 15-Nov-16 04:15:22

We maxed out our last thread before starting a new one.
I'm not savvy like kitkat so can't post our list either! Hopefully there will be some ba's before this thread is completed.

goinggrey1978 Tue 15-Nov-16 04:33:46

Marks place with the other insomniacs!! Also my mind is ticking over after such a busy day at the hospital yesterday as I went to get my thyroid blood test results and they were dodgy again so upped my medication again by another 25mcg, so I'm on 75mcg now, then discussed my itchy belly which prompted immediate blood tests to check for a condition in pregnancy that's to do with the liver too, also prescription for special cream, got an appointment with the thyroid doctors in 2 weeks, also asked about the possibility of being induced as well once I get to 38weeks as everything being squashed is effecting my colitis badly now, after being in the pharmacy queue for over an hour, popped into Tesco 's and got most things I needed after a few wee stops, a late lunch too!! Phoned for my blood test results, luckily nothing there do to with the itching, so don't have to got today but do have to go next week to get them checked again!! After a couple of phone calls to update family and friends I promptly fell asleep and just woke up again because I needed a wee after an hour, then a quick dinner and bed again!! I have lots to do this week as well, picking up a door bouncer, toys and books tomorrow and then travel system putting together with my mum on Wednesday, need to finish packing my hospital bag, tidying up generally and finally got my maternity leave get together on Friday too!! Hopefully I'll get back to sleep again now I've written all that down!!

AppleMagic Tue 15-Nov-16 04:37:42

Thanks for the new thread bigfam, I'm going to try to post a bit more on this one!

I had a bloody show this morning which was a bit disgusting of a shock as I'm only 34 weeks. I've been having Braxton Hicks on and off all day but no regular patterns and not particularly painful so hopefully I've got a while left to go! Especially as DH is a 2hr flight away until tomorrow night and because we only moved to the country a few months ago and I don't have very much back up childcare yet. I'd come to terms with the fact that I might have to give birth alone whilst dh looked after the DC but not sure I can deal with sorting the childcare arrangements too.

SouthDownsSunshine Tue 15-Nov-16 04:48:54

Yay new thread!

I had a bit of a show yesterday as well apple, but strangely I slept better than I have done for ages and have fewer braxton hicks! So it doesn't feel like baby is rushing to get out. I hope your baby stays put until your dh returns.

I've got an extra midwife appointment this morning, just for reassurance as I'm getting a bit twitchy now.

AppleMagic Tue 15-Nov-16 05:06:19

How far along are you SouthDowns? That's really good to hear. I was feeling ok about my show until I asked a friend and she told me her labour started three hours after she had hers! I never had it with dc1 and dc2 (I was induced early with both). Nothing much other than BH tonight though so I'm off to bed. I've also got an OB appt tomorrow morning and they put me on the monitor for 30-60mins each time now so hopefully I'll get some reassurance!

happydays00 Tue 15-Nov-16 05:57:02

south I had a bit of a show at the weekend and my braxton hicks have calmed down a bit now too hmm Last week I had period type pains, lower back ache, lots of BH and was convinced the baby would be here this week. Now everything has calmed down and I feel like she's not in a rush after all!

My insomnia is getting worse than ever - is anyone else worried they're going to be absolutely exhausted just going into labour?! Never mind after labour and then looking after a newborn confused

Bigfam Tue 15-Nov-16 06:16:05

I had a few episodes yesterday where I hand the most horrendous cramps but think they were caused by needing to pooh (although I never actually did in the end) I've been firmly awake since 1am as baby wasn't really moving, I drank some cold lucozade and still had minimal movements, but managed to fall asleep at 5am. Woke at half 5 and had a few movements but they're definitely weaker so I'll be phoning maternity unit at 8 to see if I can get checked over.

Sounds tough goinggrey what did they say about a possible induction?

barkingtreefrog Tue 15-Nov-16 07:03:54

Cheers bigfam grin Hope you get checked over and reassured if you still haven't felt anything.

Happy yes - permanently exhausted and people keep telling me to make the most of the time I have left before baby! How?! I'm too tired to do anything and in too much spd pain to go anywhere?!

Weird part of me isn't looking forward to losing the bump though, despite all the pain it's causing I'm really quite attached to it!! grin

I'm not going to attempt to update the list (I'm sure we've had another baby since the last update?) but here are the previous threads:

Thread 7:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2748695-December-2016-babies-not-long-to-go-now?pg=1&order=&reverse=1

Thread 6:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2723224-December-2016-Babies-Thread-6-Growing-bumps-and-looking-for-bargains?pg=1&order=

Thread 5:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2699892-December-2016-Thread-5-20-week-scans-and-wriggly-babies?pg=1&order=#prettyPhoto

Thread 4:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2668947-December-2016-babies-thread-4-blooming-in-trimester-2

Thread 3:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2650742-december-2016-babies-2nd-trimester-in-sight?reverse=1

Thread 2:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2622412-Morning-sickness-and-first-scan-anticipation-its-the-December-2016-babies

Thread 1:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2597324-December-2016-Babies

Bigfam Tue 15-Nov-16 07:13:39

Wow look at us go!
Thanks barking I am absolutely knackered, I really really wish I'd slept 😴 today's going to be loooonnnng

OrianaBanana Tue 15-Nov-16 07:17:57

Thanks for the new thread Bigfam! Interesting how many of us have had a show, nothing like that here - but I've just managed to get up for work (an hour late) and made it to the bathroom but the SPD pain is keeping me here at the moment - hopefully it will ease off a little so I can go downstairs! Should be fun to explain to my boss! 4 days and counting...

Lovewatchingrainfall Tue 15-Nov-16 07:32:32

Thank you for the new thread bigfam. Can not believe we are on another thread.

Does anyone know how queen is getting on??

Had an awful night sleep did not help having my DD in the bed and husband snoring away. Think it is going to be a long day.

Bumplovin Tue 15-Nov-16 07:33:05

Thanks for the new thread, no show here but braxton hicks have totally slowed down last. 2 weeks. Need to get tidying today realised out headboard is totally uncomfortable to sit up against so will have to go into back bedroom St might to sitcom sit on sofa bed to feed her when she arrives Until our nursery armchair arrives on 16 dec

Nojo82 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:33:08

Place marking. Wow another thread! Things seem to be happening with a lot of people. Ive been sleeping pretty well, makes me think baby is miles off.
Went to hospital yesterday eve, have thrush and they took a swap of my discharge.. i had to insert a pessary last night, no discharge this morning. Just bits of the pessary. First time in months ive had no discharge..

I had planned a shopping trip next tuesday, now im not sure i should go, its an hour away from me to get anywhere decent then its over an hour to hospital from there. But then again the walking might bring baby on..

Bumplovin Tue 15-Nov-16 07:34:44

My post doesn't make sense I meant our headboard is uncomfortable so will feed at night on sofa bed

firawla Tue 15-Nov-16 08:02:07

Thanks for the new thread - marking my place!

Nothing to report here really, no shows or anything like that! Now that everything seems to be going quite smoothly and the babies size seems to be on track I bet I'm gonna end up going overdue like with my 1st two, which would take me all the way up to Christmas.

Jfw82 Tue 15-Nov-16 08:05:05

Place marking smile thanks for the new thread

SouthDownsSunshine Tue 15-Nov-16 08:17:50

bigfam I hope baby is ok. Do get it checked.

No more show or anything exciting. I slept better and deeper last night than I have for ages, which I really needed.

TipBoov Tue 15-Nov-16 08:56:20

Whoops, I killed the old thread! Place marking on this one.

Azure83 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:01:43

Place marking! No shoes or even noticeable BH but the bump is definitely dropping, bad for the bladder, good fortune lungs! hmm

Azure83 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:02:28

*for the lungs!

Eskerina81 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:16:55

Place marking. Thanks for the new thread smile Not much going on here either but baby is definitely lower. He keeps bouncing in and out of my pelvis though, which isn't very comfortable.

Wonder if we had any supermoon babies?!

duxb Tue 15-Nov-16 09:28:40

Hi all. Placemarking too.

Braxton Hicks aplenty and general feelings of things being a bit different but no shows or anything here.

38+3 today and at the midwife this afternoon.

Bigfam Tue 15-Nov-16 09:47:39

I'm waiting to be checked. Still only minimal movements

doubletrouble41 Tue 15-Nov-16 10:07:07

Placemarking. 35 wks tomorrow, booked in for c section 1 December, GG twins. Not long now, good luck everyone xxxxxx

Bigfam Tue 15-Nov-16 10:18:31

I've got protein and leukocytes in my urine, but bp is 120/65 (normally my bp is isn't above 100/65) but they're fine with that. Waiting for trace now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now