Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breastfeeding Questions

(3 Posts)
kinsah Fri 21-Oct-16 23:14:35

Any parents around that have breastfed in the past care to share there feeding wisdom? I never breastfed my son through lack of confidence blushconfused was so afraid that he was not going to be getting enough etc. But now I have confidence as a parent and I know a baby will let you know if you are still hungry lol!!!

Any advice is welcome? I really want to breastfeed this time round and feel like there is a little bit more to it the meets the eye.. or maybe I am wrong smile

Phoenix76 Mon 24-Oct-16 23:05:27

Hello Kinsah! I wish I'd asked these questions before the event and I might have avoided all sorts of problems! I loved breastfeeding but due to my lack of knowledge I didn't last anywhere near as long as I planned. The thing that tripped me up was the correct latch, get a midwife to guide you on that asap. I would stock up on Lanisoh. I wish I'd known that bf babies feed more than formula fed, I made the mistake of thinking baby was so hungry as I didn't have enough milk. Midwives will check weight of baby and ask how many wet nappies they are producing. I found Kellymums website too late, it has a wealth of bf info ( hope I spelt the name right but you should find it easy on Google) and above all enjoy the experience, if I'd spent less time fretting even when the midwives told me to chill I would have had a better outcome, all the very best

MumOfTwoMasterOfNone Mon 24-Oct-16 23:16:54

Get help, then get more help, then more help. Your latch needs to be perfected, otherwise it's painful. And god...it's painful. You need support from family and to expect that your sleep will probably be terrible and that a routine isn't really possible for breastfed babies. They feed when they want.

It is a lovely thing to do. It's so much more convenient but it is also tying!! I definitely feel proud for feeding my children as long as I did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now