Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2017 #5 - second trimester! Less feeling crap, more feeling kicks

(991 Posts)
Celen Thu 20-Oct-16 18:36:10

For all those lovelies expecting babies around April 2017 smile

Niks2026 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:41:23

smile

Welshy11 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:45:16

Following

MrsRhubarb Thu 20-Oct-16 18:46:24

Hello hello from me, and a whoomp whoomp from BabyRhubarb. Love the sound of the heartbeat on the doppler!

Make sure you record it on your phone ladies, it's lovely to listen to after your appointment.

Strubo Thu 20-Oct-16 18:50:27

Placemarking!

jpeg28 Thu 20-Oct-16 18:57:04

Place marking grin

SharkBastard Thu 20-Oct-16 19:08:49

Place marking

abeandhalo Thu 20-Oct-16 19:18:35

Ditto.

Celen Thu 20-Oct-16 19:28:07

I wanted to do that MrsRhubarb but my awkward acrobat kept moving too quickly! Plus the MWs Doppler was really crackly hmm

MonkeyArms Thu 20-Oct-16 19:39:39

Thank you all for your reassurance. God this group is helping me keep at least vaguely in contact with my sanity. So this evening I have TERRIBLE wind (back to probably waking the neighbours up levels) blush. I suspect that the pains are probably a combination of stretching and brewing my own chemical weapons.... panic over.

MyGreenSofa Thu 20-Oct-16 19:55:46

Oh yes, wind can be painful monkey!

Thanks for new thread celen, enjoyed your wrap up of the last thread too! wink

Celen Thu 20-Oct-16 20:53:14

I was killing time while putting ds to bed grin

RaRa25 Thu 20-Oct-16 21:06:51

Place marking

marmitecheesetoast Thu 20-Oct-16 21:07:57

Ooh new thread!

Thanks for bump/stretch mark cream recommendations

Looks what DH has bought me! Having fun filling it in up to date so far! grin

BinglyBinglyBeep Thu 20-Oct-16 21:23:12

Thanks for the new thread Celen.

I've been recommended hypnobirthing by a few people and wanted to get thoughts from you lovely ladies. I like my yoga and think it could be really complimentary in terms of breathing and staying relatively calm! I'm really practical though and understand from my no-nonsense friends that this is really worthwhile. The cost is pretty staggering, particularly as this is our first so have nct and everything to buy. Has anyone done the course, and is anyone able to offer any thoughts on whether it is that much better than doing a crash basica course if possible, or even just buying the book and cd?

sweetchilli77 Thu 20-Oct-16 21:47:59

Can i join? Had a due date for 3rd may but after my scan I'm now due 29th April smile

Cazbg Thu 20-Oct-16 21:58:38

Thanks celen, I am 16 weeks tommorow, have midwife appt tommorow as well so will hopefully hear heartbeat.

I did hypnobirthing with dd1 and thought it was fab and was really beneficial for me in the labour (really trusted my body etc), sadly it all went a bit wrong near the end but up to that point I was in such a lovely place (dont get me wrong it still hurts a lot but it made it more manageable in a strange way). Also was nice to get hubbie on the same page and give him some direction and purpose during the birth which I think is really nice for the oh.

Cazbg Thu 20-Oct-16 22:00:25

We did a private day course with a local lady who was starting up, think it cost about £130 but that includes book and cd. smile
Did find out after that some hospitals are starting to run them so might b worth asking your local one.

Bubbinsmakesthree Thu 20-Oct-16 22:07:07

I just did hypnobirthing book/CD with DC1 (Maggie Howell) - hard to say how much it helped but I felt fairly in control and pain manageable with G&A so it definitely didn't do any harm!

Went for a free taster session with a hypnobirthing teacher but she was so annoying (made it sound like hypnobirthing guaranteed you an amazing birth experience, which I think is a load of rubbish). I've read up on some other teachers who seem more realistic about preparing you for whatever the birth experience throws at you, which is more my style.

everdene Thu 20-Oct-16 22:49:58

Just checking in!

15+4 here and feeling well, thank God!

TopKittyKat Fri 21-Oct-16 01:37:12

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the new thread Celen

I can't sleep tonight for some reason. I've given up tossing and turning and have turned to good old mn to keep me entertained.

marmite - that is such a lovely thoughtful gift from your dh. What a lovely momento that will be.

Hi sweetchilli Welcome to the thread.

Bingly - I've had a few people recommend hypnobirthing as well. I'm very tempted to book onto a course.

Helbelle75 Fri 21-Oct-16 05:36:43

Found you! I'mean awake too. Fairly normal for me.

jpeg28 Fri 21-Oct-16 05:50:33

I'm awake too... have been since half 4 so not too bad. I've decided watching greys anatomy is a good idea!

sarahhh1984 Fri 21-Oct-16 07:07:12

Thanks for setting up the new thread, Celan! Just marking my place!

BinglyBinglyBeep Fri 21-Oct-16 08:06:55

Thanks for the thoughts on hypnobirthing everyone. I would really like to get DH involved in a positive way. He's being fab, focusing on sorting the house and that. Relying v much on me for direction at the moment on all things pregnancy related, like I have a clue! Be good to get some third-party to tell him how he can contribute, if you get me.

Welcome sweetchilli!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now