Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in February 2017 - thread #9

(1000 Posts)
twocatsandatoddler Fri 14-Oct-16 19:52:51

New thread - hope everyone finds this! I'll try and post the link in the old thread if it will let us go over 1,000 posts.

Oneiroi Fri 14-Oct-16 20:01:56

Hello! Just joined up today and found this thread. Nice idea smile

ScottishSnowflake Fri 14-Oct-16 20:14:01

Found you!! smile

FriendlyGhost Fri 14-Oct-16 20:34:08

Found you! Welcome Oneiroismile

Oneiroi Fri 14-Oct-16 20:57:37

Thanks FriendlyGhost!

I can't believe I'm dozing and half asleep this early on a Friday evening, pregnancy really brings out the party animal instinct!

Keepingupwiththejonesys Fri 14-Oct-16 21:03:57

Place marking!

GinIsIn Fri 14-Oct-16 21:08:21

Hello hello! Sorry - been a bit quiet of late - big week at work! Found you!

CeeCeeEnnEss Fri 14-Oct-16 21:22:43

I will have to take a bump photo tomorrow... I am massive. Like a house

Shellbell0403 Fri 14-Oct-16 21:28:07

Marking my place...

Welcome oneiori

Carly6971 Fri 14-Oct-16 21:31:26

Place marking! Hope everyone is well 😊

kikisdelivery Fri 14-Oct-16 22:12:17

Marking my place! Welcome oneiori smile

Shellbell0403 Fri 14-Oct-16 22:22:07

Does everyone's bump differ in size throughout the day and each day?

kikisdelivery Fri 14-Oct-16 22:41:54

Shell mine's getting slightly more regular now, but definitely still bigger in the evenings! More achy too - I'm going to a drop in physio clinic on Tues because I have a constant ache under the bump - basically the top of my pubic area, I guess - and sometimes in the tops of my legs where I bend them to pull on socks/leggings etc. The midwife recommended it, it's for pelvic girdle pain, joy! I'd been quite pleased to avoid many aches and pains so far, but it seemed to all kick off when we did tons of walking over our holiday. I guess I overdid it and now my ligaments and muscles are carrying out a large protest.

Does anyone else's bump get tight at different times of the day? Mine isn't regular each day, but sometimes it feels tighter than other days - today was one of those days, and as the bub's in a funny position he's not as obviously active as usual, so the combination really freaked me out earlier. I am currently drinking cold fizzy soda water with fresh orange and can feel him poking about now I'm relaxing.

Shellbell0403 Fri 14-Oct-16 22:54:00

kiki mine seems abit smaller today for some reason! Sometimes mines feels right during the day also. I was at the cinema tonight to see inferno and when I stood up it was rather uncomfortable.. think jellybean was lying some strange way! Haha...

Make sure your taking it easy and relaxing... especially after a that walking on holiday!!

topmammy Fri 14-Oct-16 23:07:30

Wow new thread! Got a bit busy with work so missed the end of the last one.

shell my bump feels bigger and a bit uncomfortable if I've eaten things like bread or pasta... there just isn't enough room in there anymore I guess. I keep meaning to eat much smaller meals but more often. So in that way it does change in size throughout the day. Like Kiki said though I think baby's position makes bump look slightly different shapes too.

I'm so pleased with my DH who has cleared out the junk in the spare room and painted it, so it's looking much more like a nursery now. He put up a couple of floating shelves today too - it's coming together nicely grin. On the look out for some nice prints to put up in picture frames now... if anyone has any recommendations for where to get this kind of thing please share! smile

kikisdelivery Fri 14-Oct-16 23:16:33

topmammy depending on budget etc, I've been pointed to some cute nursery prints on places like Etsy and Not On The High Street. I bet places like Next would do some reasonable stuff too.

Oneiroi Sat 15-Oct-16 08:03:46

Topmammy, I had an idea to blow up some photos on canvas for the nursery, it would be nice to make it more personal. I have been trying to get a cute photo of our pet rabbits cuddling up together to use but they always see me coming!

twocatsandatoddler Sat 15-Oct-16 08:19:25

TopMammy I got a gorgeous print of a penguin with balloons from Not on the High Street (Showler and Showler is the seller). Baby is getting a corner of the spare room for the time being until he's a bit bigger and then both boys will share that room for a while, so we're not redecorating it but I've got a few multicoloured bits to brighten up the grey walls.

MarjorySunshineDust Sat 15-Oct-16 08:27:48

Hi everyone!

Love the showler & showler prints twocats

I came down with a cold yesterday. Tempted to blame the flu jab I had on Wednesday but think it's just a coincidence!

Evergreen17 Sat 15-Oct-16 08:40:24

Found you!
Yes to bump changing size and shape.
Anyone else sleeping less and less? sad

Shellbell0403 Sat 15-Oct-16 08:50:01

evergreen i woke up at 3am this morning 😮

MarjorySunshineDust Sat 15-Oct-16 08:59:23

ever sleep is hit and miss, I woke up about 3am last night and couldn't switch off for ages.

SBSparkles Sat 15-Oct-16 09:29:38

He y'all!!! Nice bump pics - here's mine! 25 weeks today and starting to do the pregnancy swagger a bit now! Putting on socks is hard work!!! I huff and puff a lot! In the evenings I get very achy and don't sleep well but I have been resting for 10 days!!!
Iron tablets making me feel sick now - bllerrrgghhh!! Hope you're all having a good weekend x

sleepyMe12 Sat 15-Oct-16 09:29:40

Catching up with you all xx

Naschkatze Sat 15-Oct-16 09:30:30

Found everyone.

Yes to bump changing- mainly shape. Sometimes it's wide stretching across other times it's more pronounced around by belly button and stretches up/down. I thought it was baby in different positions so I'm glad I might be right on that!

Ever I nearly cried at 1am this morning because I was so tired and couldn't get comfortable! I'm still exhausted this morning and feeling quite fed up!

This thread is not accepting new messages.