Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in March - Thread #5

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

charlybs Tue 27-Sep-16 09:06:57

New thread for the March 2017 club!

We have a stats spreadsheet - please add yourself if you're new or update your info if you have a new EDD or a scan date!

Previous threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

We also have a facebook group - please PM SuperDuperJezebel to be added to it. If you're not sure how to do that, just ask! We're a friendly bunch smile

Cloeycat Tue 27-Sep-16 09:29:26

Oh fab, thanks Charly.

Has anyone else got bump pain? My belly really hurts, in a similar way to how my boobs hurt without a bra on in first trimester. Like it's really heavy and just achy as a result.

rbucz Tue 27-Sep-16 09:31:58

Thanks charly!

Cloey I've got an achy bump too, I've been thinking of it like a tugging pain around the sides mainly

charlybs Tue 27-Sep-16 09:40:15

Same here, it's less achy but the muscles around it are sore and when I move about they aren't happy! Growing pains - literally!

I almost couldn't pee in my pot for my 16 week appointment - woke up and went for a wee as usual, forgot the pot completely!! Have to leave in 5 mins and after drinking 4 glasses of water just managed it. Whoops!

BeccaSays Tue 27-Sep-16 09:51:45

Thanks Charly, I'm now off to my 16 week appt too! Hope you get on well. Could you let me know how to private message someone please? Thank you!

Carolann8584 Tue 27-Sep-16 10:28:09

Just place marking

So uncomfortable in my leggings a tunic today, leggings are a bit too snug, need to start clothes shopping but don't have the energy.

x

charlybs Tue 27-Sep-16 10:57:46

16 week appt went well! I heard the heartbeat smile

Becca you need to go on the website (easier not on your phone) and if you click on the name of one of super's posts you should find an option to message her there X

Carolann8584 Tue 27-Sep-16 11:32:13

Awww that's great Charlybs I've got mine next Wednesday, hope I get to hear the heart beat smile

MrsMushrooms Tue 27-Sep-16 11:40:08

Hi all! Just saving my place smile

BeccaSays Tue 27-Sep-16 12:17:25

Charlybs Thanks for the tip! I'll try on my laptop later. I heard the heartbeat too! So reassuring. Recorded it on my iPhone and played it to a girl at work who says if it sounds like a train it's a girl and if it's like a horse clip clopping it's a boy. Mine sounds like a train! Personally think it's a load of rubbish but love old wives tales! smile

SuperDuperJezebel Tue 27-Sep-16 12:33:08

Becca, I sent you a pm yesterday in the hope that it'd lead you to your inbox and help you with PMs!

Dustycorners Tue 27-Sep-16 13:13:47

Just had my first consultant appointment (twins consultant). Was so much better than my 16w mw appointment last week, in that I actually got to hear both babies' heartbeats grin And dh was with me so he got to hear as well.

I also got my GTT results, which annoyingly were slightly raised, so I have borderline gestational diabetes sad. I thought I'd get it again but not this early. It means I now have to add diabetic clinic to my list of appointments - I may as well move into the hospital!

LightTripper Tue 27-Sep-16 14:04:40

Sorry about your GTT Dusty. It's weird how much time you can spend in hospital with pregnancy, and then in doctor's surgeries after for HV clinics etc. with baby ... it's a new world alright!

Re: maternity clothes, last time I found quite a bit of stuff at places like Gap and Monsoon that do the more baggy/floaty stuff. In particular I bought a gorgeous Monsoon jacket that I used just with a vest top and black trousers for various parties (NYE, friend's 40th, etc.). It's oriental style and quite flared, so it was fine with the bump but still looks good now. For actual dedicated maternity clothes I just got 2 trousers/jeans, 2 tops and loads of tights from H&M. Never managed to find anything else I liked, there is so little choice! I've just bought a dress in the gap sale which is just a baggy knit dress, but I think will work fine with a bump, maybe with a belt over.

NameChange30 Tue 27-Sep-16 14:05:25

Thanks for the new thread charly!

Dusty Sorry about your GTT results sad

I've got aches and pains under my bump too, I think it's round ligament pain and it's normal. Annoying though!

ahsan Tue 27-Sep-16 14:11:23

Hi guys, having my 16 week appointment at 17 weeks 😊 Been tired and very tearful lately lol. Yes been having the cramps as well very painful.

Carolann8584 Tue 27-Sep-16 14:26:05

Apart from clothes getting too small lol! I haven't felt very pregnant the past week or so.

Had the odd hormonal moment but other than that.....

I going to take it as the calm before the symptom storm smile and be grateful for 2nd trimester

x

alphabook Tue 27-Sep-16 14:39:35

Sorry about the GTT results Dusty.

I also have an achey bump!

ShyLittleFrog Tue 27-Sep-16 14:45:09

Hello everyone,
I am due on 28 March, but will probably be late, was I was with DC#1. I've already added my stuff on the spreadsheet. Congratulations to you all and I hope you're all well.

neonrainbow Tue 27-Sep-16 17:21:34

Sorry about your gtt dusty sad I'm not looking forward to having to do mine.

Had anyone done the chinese gender predictor?

NameChange30 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:29:44

Frog Hello and welcome!

Carol If you have no energy for clothes shopping, don't make the same mistake that most of us did - go shopping only to find that most maternity ranges are online only and not available in store! Even Mothercare and JoJo have very little in stock. Online shopping all the way! (Although I have been returning most of it!)

ahsan Tue 27-Sep-16 17:33:45

Yes I have neon, seems great don't it but that's before I had my dating scan and my due date changed smile due on the 24th now.

charlybs Tue 27-Sep-16 17:38:11

I'm right there with everyone who is feeling hormonal. I burst into tears last night because my milk in my cereal wasn't cold. What?!

Hi frog and welcomesmile

Also totally advocating online shopping. Don't bother going in person!

alphabook Tue 27-Sep-16 17:47:37

Just did a Chinese gender predictor and it was correct! (We've already found out the sex.) The 50/50 probability may have had something to do with it though!!

NameChange30 Tue 27-Sep-16 17:51:33

I would love it if there was a gender predictor with the options male, female, transgender, gender queer, etc... It would appeal to my pedantic side grin

SuperDuperJezebel Tue 27-Sep-16 18:00:35

Ha, I just did mine and it got it right too!

This thread is not accepting new messages.