Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #10 - TTC#1 Grads Thread - Babies Ahoy

(982 Posts)
PotatosMum Wed 10-Aug-16 07:27:34

Welcome to TTC#1 Grads, thread #10.

Congratulations to Bunch our first graduate, graduate!!!!

All are welcome to the thread whether you've just got your BFP or your about to pop!

No TMI is TMI and no question too silly to be asked. But be warned, this thread is addictive and moves FAST!

Mileymoocow Wed 10-Aug-16 07:41:44

I think I might regret asking this but... bunch what is a PPH?

Also,

Miley
31+4 with a vanilla crumb
Epically excited about the babies arriving on this thread! Really helps make the back pain, heartburn, fatigue, leaky vag etc etc totally worth it.

PotatosMum Wed 10-Aug-16 07:45:06

Roll call

Potatosmum, age 34, weeks 37+4, getting just a little scared/excited.

Congratulations Bunch on your lovely Atticus. So made up for you!!!! grin and thanks for giving us all the gory labour details. I too will add throat sweets to my hospital bag.

It's feeling very real now, I can't believe we've all been together from trying to get pregnant right through to the first baby. Bunch I'm afraid as the first "Real" mummy you are going to have to be our guru and guide for the next step wink

Team P - 8
Team B - 10
Team V - 9

Graduate Babies
Bunch - Atticus, born 09/08/16

August
11 Mor (Team Vanilla)
16 New (Team Vanilla)
22 Potato (Team Pink)
30 Pink (Team Pink)

September
1 Shelb (Team Pink)
2 Taz (Team Blue)
4 Nev (Team Blue)
8 DrWhy (Team Blue)
12 Danni (Team Blue)
14 Soda (Team Vanilla)
28 Leonie (Team Blue)
29 Laurenrl (Team Pink)

October
3 Lisa (Team Vanilla)
6 Irregular (Team Pink)
8 Miley (Team Vanilla)
12 Indi (Team Pink)
13 Co5mo (Team Blue)
15 Planet (Team Pink)
23 Lillian (Team Pink)
26 Lara (Team Blue)
30 First (Team Blue)

November
15 Pyxie (Team Vanilla)
19 Canters (Team Blue)
20 Jam
25 Audrey (Stark) (Team Vanilla)
28 Elle (Team Vanilla)

December
12 Feef

January 17
4 May
11 Ni (Team Vanilla)

February 17
15 Evergreen

PotatosMum Wed 10-Aug-16 07:48:21

Miley it's Post Partum Haemorrhage, a post birth bleed. Bunch I'm at risk of getting a bad one of theses so it's good to know you had it but are fine.

Sodasoda Wed 10-Aug-16 07:51:59

Huge congratulations bunch! Had a few tears waking up to that news - we're having babies! Eeeeeek! grin

Soda, aged 33, 35 weeks today with a squirmy vanilla baby.

BunchOfBobs Wed 10-Aug-16 07:52:45

Post partum hemorrage Miley.

Yeah all fine Potato just had to be given a jab to close cervix and a drip to cause uterus to contract once they sorted it. Lost about 900ml they weren't too worried, they were only acting consciences trying to find where it came from.

Eek I won't be any good guru. One good think about staying in hospital is I have on hand help with breast feeding etc. Everyone is loving this little one. He's a proper ginge and I adore it. grin

Feefeefs Wed 10-Aug-16 07:53:08

Hi all

Feef
Age 28

22+2 weeks with a vanilla baby!

So excited we have our first graduate baby! Well done bunch sounds like you did fab!!

LisaTheSimpson Wed 10-Aug-16 07:56:42

Bunch, he's ginger?!?!? That's adorable! Only boring blonde and brown hair in our families so I don't think we have much chance of any exciting red hair.

LisaTheSimpson Wed 10-Aug-16 07:58:05

Oh, also:

Lisa
Age 29
32+2 with a vanilla melon
Enjoying fatigue, endless loo trips, and think I'm starting to get the dreaded fanny daggers

IrregularCommentary Wed 10-Aug-16 07:59:17

Irregular
31+6 with a baby girl who I am increasingly excited about meeting!

Anyone else keep going back to look at Atticus' gorgeous little face?!

IndiX Wed 10-Aug-16 08:00:15

Bunch just woken up to your amazing news. Atticus is beautiful and you are an absolute trooper! I'm feeling pretty emotional myself right now, it's so amazing that we are have all been together through this whole crazy journey. I am so so happy for you bunch!

Roll call:
Indi
25 y/o
31weeks today smile
Team pink with my little wriggly baba called Beanie.

LaraG13 Wed 10-Aug-16 08:04:26

Oh wow. I am so happy for you bunch. It's made me feel really emotional. Can't believe our bodies create these wonderful little people. Just amazing. I'm in awe of how you dealt with the labour - it's reassured me so much. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Your son is beautiful xxx

Lara, 34, 29 weeks pregnant with a little boy. Been a bit absent from the thread of late but still following.

Thanks for the new thread potato. Really pleased to see you've moved house!

leoniethelioness Wed 10-Aug-16 08:20:30

Leonie, 27, 33 weeks with a baby boy who is the size of three chocolate croissants.

(Ovia gets stranger by the week.)

Been signed off work since 32+5 with PGP until 1 September when my annual leave starts before maternity leave. Dosed up on co-codamol, waiting for physio and trying to get to grips with the idea of not going back to work for a looooooong time.

Looking forward to my first NHS antenatal class this afternoon but worrying about having to sit for a couple of hours. 😳 I just can't do it.

Been up since 6 and contemplating a nap now before doing some light housework and finding a good book to read. All recommendations welcome - but nothing too heavy, please. I'm looking for something like Gone Girl.

Pinklily1 Wed 10-Aug-16 08:23:30

Eek, I nearly burst when I saw we now have a 'graduate babies' section on the list!!

So, roll call:

Pink
37+1
Team Pink

Feeling ready for baby to arrive now as I'm currently enjoying the delights of insomnia, hip pain and swollen lady bits hmm

Also stressing about having to name a baby - we have both waivered from our favourites so it's back to the drawing board slightly.

Pinklily1 Wed 10-Aug-16 08:25:31

Forgot to say..

And thanks to Potato for the new thread!

bunch, that is a bonus of staying in hospital I suppose. I'm not surprised everyone is loving him - he's so cute.

Pinklily1 Wed 10-Aug-16 08:30:22

Leonie, I recently read a book called I Let You Go by Claire Mackintosh and loved it. I enjoyed The Girl on the Train and Gone Girl, it's in a similar vein. She has a new one out too which I've downloaded but am saving for maternity leave!

Also, at the NHS class we went to, a few of the ladies stood up for parts and also walked around because of bad backs.

Mileymoocow Wed 10-Aug-16 08:39:02

Ah fabulous bunch I do love a ginge! I have red heads on my side so we could have a little flame, too!!!

leonie try the good girl, I let you go, girl on the train or pretty baby. They're a similar thing to gone girl

Mileymoocow Wed 10-Aug-16 08:44:13

Woops, looks like pink has those ones covered! I read a book called big little lies that I quite enjoyed

DrWhy Wed 10-Aug-16 08:48:02

Congratulations Bunch how exciting! Glad the PPH was sorted, I'm at slightly elevated risk of one and am still dithering about a home birth - midwife doesn't want me to because of the risk but our local hospital has now shut the midwife unit, has no pool available and is totally short staffed, not a great place to be. Reassuring to know it could be sorted with injections, which presumably the midwife could have with her.
I can't believe there is a real little graduate baby out there! smile
I know that ours has hair too and DH's family all have gorgeous red hair so I'm kind of hoping that raspberry does too!

PotatosMum Wed 10-Aug-16 09:02:28

Bunch good to hear PPH was so easy to sort. Hopefully I'll be as lucky smile

Leonie don't worry about sitting at the NHS class. It's run by midwives so they know people will need to stand up, go to the loo etc.

Pink I'm with you on the ready for baby to arrive thing. It seems like these last couple of weeks are dragging unbearably sad Potato is showing no signs of wanting to pop yet and I'm so uncomfortable.

I think I over did it again yesterday confused feeling very achey today hips, bump and feet all hurt but I'm doing the living room today and that shouldn't be too taxing, the kitchen was the worse room.

I might put Potato's Moses basket up ready today shock that will freak out OH lol

Pyxie Wed 10-Aug-16 09:06:00

Congrats Bunch! Sounds like you did an amazing job and Atticus is gorgeous! There's ginger on my DHs side so I'm secretly hoping for a ginger!

Roll call:
Pyxie, age 29, 27+4 with 'Sprout', team vanilla.

LisaTheSimpson Wed 10-Aug-16 09:07:35

Is I Let You Go the one about elephants? If so, I quite liked that one.

I feel VERY pregnant today. Ages ago I bought a maxi blue and white striped skirt from New Look that I adore (I love stripes). But it didn't fit because it's over-bump and I didn't have a big enough bump yet so it just fell down (despite being bodycon-style).

I decided to try it on this morning to wear to work and it really emphasises my bump! DH says it looks lovely but I'm so used to wearing clothes that are maybe fitted but not tight that it feels very strange. I'm not a bodycon kind of girl! Eek! Trying not to feel too self-conscious!

Do you guys tend to wear tight, figure hugging stuff to show off bumps, or more flowing things?

LisaTheSimpson Wed 10-Aug-16 09:11:25

DrWhy, wow, it sounds like maternity facilities near you have really reduced. That's quite scary. So it's a home birth or delivery ward? Quite polarised choices, it's such a shame.

Are there any other hospitals nearby you could go for instead?

IndiX Wed 10-Aug-16 09:24:06

Lisa I go for tight or I just look like a barrel. My Bump still isn't 'beach ball-ish' it's more long and bloated looking. Embrace that Bump!

I'm in a lovely little mood this morning after Bunch's newsgrin

Danni89 Wed 10-Aug-16 09:41:32

Still can't believe we have our first baby! So real now!!

27 with a 35+3 baby boy, who I can't wait to meet now!!

About to get ready for my 36 week appointment, hoping baby is head down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now