Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2016 - Thread 5! 20 week scans and wriggly babies

(997 Posts)
DartmoorDoughnut Wed 03-Aug-16 11:39:20

Thought I'd start a new thread before thread 4 fills up grin

bumbleclat Wed 03-Aug-16 11:46:12

southdowns so sorry that you're having to process all of this, like everyone else has said, she will be an amazing addition to your family and everyone will adore her.

LittleBear01 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:04:08

Marking my place smile

Lovewatchingrainfall Wed 03-Aug-16 12:10:19

Place marking too. Anyone else struggling with the changes in weather and what to wear? It's hot one minute then I'm cold. And it's raining. My body is so confused

StubbleTurnips Wed 03-Aug-16 12:15:45

Checking in.

Thisisbonkers Wed 03-Aug-16 12:20:18

love having just bought a pair of maternity trousers (£8 asda!) I am living in these FOREVER! grin

ElodieS Wed 03-Aug-16 12:27:47

Checking into thread 5! smile

barkingtreefrog Wed 03-Aug-16 12:27:48

love I'm still struggling to find a pair of maternity trousers for work, and a white T-shirt bra that is non wired. Between these two items I've bought and taken back items five times already and still nothing!

TipBoov Wed 03-Aug-16 13:03:27

Place marking on the new thread or ill never find it again!

billabye Wed 03-Aug-16 13:12:39

South flowers your baby is very lucky to be part of your family, you clearly love her very much already

Minispringroll Wed 03-Aug-16 13:14:33

Have managed to get myself a little organised. We're going to take a look at two pram shops later this week. One is in our town and we'll take a look at the iCandy Peach All Terrain. (They've also said they've got similar pushchairs and we can have a look at those as well.) The other is a little further up the motorway and they'll be getting the Jane Trider out for me, which I think is lovely (and the one I'm more inclined to get at the moment). It seems really difficult to find those in store anywhere. hmm So, DH and a friend of mine are going to join me for the test driving.

I still wear lots of stuff that I had pre-pregnancy. Have some nice maternity jeans (also got some shorts, but I'm not quite big enough, yet). Lady at Mothercare told me earlier this week that I don't look pregnant. confused

lilydaisyrose Wed 03-Aug-16 13:42:22

Place marking!

Azure83 Wed 03-Aug-16 13:50:59

Checking in as well! Clothes are tricky at the moment. My normal trousers and skirt are becoming too tight, the maternity bits I do have are too loose/big! A couple of stretchy skirts and dresses are my entirew wardrobe.

RosieBeast Wed 03-Aug-16 13:52:09

Checking in smile

excitedmummytob Wed 03-Aug-16 14:02:33

Wow a new thread already!!!

Babydreaming Wed 03-Aug-16 14:23:24

Checking my in too! I'm officially going to have to go maternity clothes shopping, literally can't do up any of my jeans any longer sad

I haven't bought anything yet! I'm 22 weeks so I think there's still loads of time. I'm going to John Lewis this weekend to look at baby stuff and have booked a nursery appointment with them in September to get some advice! I am still undecided between the bugaboo chameleon and the icandy peach!

stripeyorangesocks71 Wed 03-Aug-16 14:56:36

Checking in here too!

I have a maternity jumper for work and jeans and tshirt tops for casual/out and about. They are so comfy!!

LucySB123 Wed 03-Aug-16 15:11:59

I don't get the luxury of shopping this time as it's DC2. All I do is rumage through my storage.
baby we have the bugaboo cameleon3 with DD1 and we love it. We were also undecided between iCandy and cameleon, went to JL and they advised that the iCandy peach seat is narrower and chubbier toddler would find it snug. The only minus with the cameleon i find is that it doesn't fold down with the seat like iCandy. not a problem for us as we walk most places and we don't need to fold it for the car.

Minispringroll Wed 03-Aug-16 15:28:57

I've managed to get a baby hammock. grin
I think my main problem is that I know once the summer holidays are over, I won't have that much time again...until I go on maternity leave. So there's never anyone at home to take any packages and I hate going shopping during the weekend at the best of times. I don't like being around a lot of people.

Lovewatchingrainfall Wed 03-Aug-16 15:31:32

Taken the plunge and booked a holiday to Centre Parcs in March baby will be just 3 months but it's my DD 4th she is desperate for a holiday. Am I totally crazy?

Currently laid in bed and wondering if I should get a Chicco next to me? Are they any good/better then a Moses basket?

bumbleclat Wed 03-Aug-16 15:43:57

Does anyone else utterly hit the wall half way through the day at the moment?
I have so much house work to do and holiday prep but can hardly move. My iron/ vit D levels are fine confused

Bigfam Wed 03-Aug-16 15:44:14

Checking in too.

Lovewatchingrainfall, I've bought one, it looks amazing I'd say they're worth it. Also a lot bigger than a Moses basket. I'm laid on the sofa while ds plays with my hair 😃 he does it for agggeeesss making me incapable of moving.....

RosieBeast Wed 03-Aug-16 16:12:31

Bumbleclat Yes!! It's usually about 3pm for me. I'm alone in the office from 4-5pm at the moment and I've been taking sneaky naps on my desk! Ridiculous. Vit D and iron levels all fine as well.

I think it's just because we're growing humans IN OUR BODIES!! (Still find that quite weird)

Minispringroll Wed 03-Aug-16 16:12:42

Londonmamabychance I didn't think the NCT still sent out any of the co-sleepers. There was a safety issue with the Bednest, which is why it had been withdrawn, as far as I remember. Might have changed recently, though...

RosieBeast Wed 03-Aug-16 16:22:17

I'm interested to know how much weight people have gained so far?

I'm 20 weeks and I've put on nearly a stone and a half already, but don't feel bigger anywhere except my tummy and boobs (maybe a tiny bit bigger on the bum). The NHS says most women put on between 1.5 and 1.8 stone over the entire pregnancy... Erm, whoops! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now