Talk

Advanced search

April 2017 - anyone out there?

(991 Posts)
Alongcomesdc2 Sat 16-Jul-16 21:05:05

Or is it still too early days yet?

ScandiManny Tue 19-Jul-16 22:36:59

Hello! smile Very early days here! Bfp today and due date of 1st April going on ovulation date which puts me at 3+3, super early!

gemsbok Wed 20-Jul-16 14:40:55

Hi both, can I join you!? I think I'm 1 April too - just found out today. I think I'm still in shock.

Alongcomesdc2 Wed 20-Jul-16 21:26:29

Hello both. Congratulations on your bfps! What an exciting time for us all grin

QueenFee Wed 20-Jul-16 23:14:26

I'm on the cusp. I'm currently due 28th March but usually go over so will probably have an April baby. I am also expecting my dates to be changed at my scan as my cycles were all over the place post Morena removal.

gemsbok Thu 21-Jul-16 10:47:17

Hi Queenfee - as I'm April 1 I did have a sneaky look in the March thread, but they all seem so far along so thought I'd camp out in here smile

ScandiManny Thu 21-Jul-16 11:02:44

I did the same gemsbok. My first baby was a week early and my second was born at 32 weeks so with a due date of April first I'm expecting I'll probably deliver before April. As you said though the March group seems so much further along into their pregnancies so, all being well, I'll be driving around here smile

ScandiManny Thu 21-Jul-16 11:03:36

'Drinving'!? Autocorrect! I meant sticking around here! grin

Wilson2213 Thu 21-Jul-16 11:39:43

Hi Everyone,

I have had a few BFP's this month and trying to stay positive as I have a history or chemical pregnancies. Hopefully this line will stick and I will finally become a mummy smile

I am 33, married, no kids so far and would say I am 5 weeks pregnant today! Woo! I have calculated that I would be due at the very end of March/ early April. Going to wait until I am at least 8 weeks before I consider seeing a Doctor/ Midwife.

I'm keeping it pretty hush hush at the moment, fed up of telling friends one thing and then having to break the news when it doesn't work out, so life is pretty funny at the moment. My husband and I went to great effort at the weekend to pour non alcoholic red wine into a harveys stamp bottle for me to take to a party. I also had two shots of water. Drunk people are easily fooled haha!

Hope you are all well and excited about the future flowers

MonkeyArms Fri 22-Jul-16 18:13:20

Hello! Got my BFP today and due 1 Apr. Feels completely surreal..... I don't quite believe it yet.

MrsCharlieD Fri 22-Jul-16 20:51:46

Tentatively poking my head in to say hi! Got a very faint bfp today but I tested 4 days early. According to ovia my edd is 5th April. This is dc2 for me, we already have ds who was 2 in June. Can you see this line or should I be making a swift exit?

Kimphoenix Fri 22-Jul-16 21:12:34

Hello, due end of march atm, but guessing that will change with scans etc. I'm not sure how I feel about this one atm, still in shock

MonkeyArms Sat 23-Jul-16 18:48:13

Charlie i have no idea where to look on that test. Have convinced myself I can see 4 lines on it which can't be right! Have you retested?

Kimpheonix it sounds like it's not your first? Are you ok?

Completely forgot today and was busy encouraging my husband to go on a fun sounding work trip in early May. He looked very sceptical at my encouragement......

Kimphoenix Sat 23-Jul-16 19:02:44

Hello, no this will be my second, have a DD who's 8, just overly emotional atm, I don't remember it being this bad last time, didn't even know I was pg till 10 weeks last time, seem to be struggling with this one

MonkeyArms Sat 23-Jul-16 19:16:17

You poor thing. You sound like you need lots of hugs xx

LotsaTuddles Sun 24-Jul-16 12:42:52

Bfp this morning here. I'm tentatively joining. I have 2.10 yo ds, 19 month old dd and hopefully due on 6th April.

I've had 3 mc's before now, 2 this year unfortunately. But it does mean that epu will let me have an early scan

ScandiManny Sun 24-Jul-16 19:43:55

Congratulations to those with most recent BFPs!

Still hasn't really sunk in here I think. Just doesn't feel real some how. That hasn't stopped me worrying at every twinge and feeling anxious every time I go to the loo incase there's blood though. History of missed miscarriage here, before DC1 and 2, but I don't think that worry ever really goes away once you've experienced it. Having been lucky enough to have my 2 it almost feels like I'm pushing my luck now so I'm just expecting something to go wrong. Trying to stay positive though! Actually looking forward to proper symptoms arriving in the next week or so to distract me, remind me of that when I've got my head down the loo most of the day grin

LotsaTuddles Sun 24-Jul-16 20:23:50

grinI'm exactly the same. Won't be long until I have my head down the toilet, but I just don't feel anything at the minute. Though with this being my 6th pregnancy, I definitely feel pregnant.

Between my hips at the front feels tight and slightly firm. Going on previous experience I'll start to show in around 3 weeks shockconfused

RebeccaCloud9 Sun 24-Jul-16 21:28:37

Hello, can I join? Just did a test this morning!

MonkeyArms Sun 24-Jul-16 21:57:17

Congrats Rebecca!

I'm also really paranoid. It is almost like if i dont let myself believe it it won't hurt so much if it doesn't work out.

gemsbok Mon 25-Jul-16 07:07:47

Congrats to everyone- it's great to have a safe place here to talk about this.

I'm also feeling anxious and it's all a bit surreal. I definitely feel pregnant but no real symptoms, maybe a little queasy and light headed.

Cineraria Mon 25-Jul-16 09:14:47

Hello, I'm really pleased to find an April thread underway. It's so nice to have somewhere to chat about everything before letting family and friends know.

I've calculated my due date by ovulation as my cycles are a bit irregular due to DS still breastfeeding a lot and it is the first of April, which is exactly eighteen months to the day after DS's original due date. I'm feeling very lucky as I know breastfeeding can really affect fertility and we hoped for a smallish gap between children.

I can just imagine calling people to let them know the baby has arrived and not being believed if it does turn up on April Fool's Day.

Wishing everyone happy and healthy pregnancies!

Kimphoenix Mon 25-Jul-16 09:36:48

Morning,
Feeling rough today, contemplating why I thought having a 2nd was a good idea lol

MonkeyArms Mon 25-Jul-16 09:56:59

I only feel sick when I am not doing anything to take my mind off it - as a consequence I am getting a whole load of stuff done that I have been putting off for ages.....

love2003 Mon 25-Jul-16 12:54:53

Can I join? Also joined March group as Edd is 26th march, I suspect that will change to April with scans etc.
Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on and having people to speak to at this tentative stage! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now