Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Thread #7 - TTC#1 Grads - Third Trimester Special

(957 Posts)
PotatosMum Wed 01-Jun-16 12:38:00

It's time for another TTC#1 grads thread, with an ever increasing population of new arrivals, old hands and veterans we're moving thick and fast.

The first TTC#1 veterans are waddling their way into the third trimester this thread, with the promise of maternity leave to come, getting them through the day.

No subject is taboo, no TMI is too much, bump pictures, baby scans and photos of cute baby stuff are encouraged.

All are welcome so take your place on team blue, pink or vanilla for another TTC#1 grads thread!

PotatosMum Wed 01-Jun-16 12:51:39

Checking in...

Potatosmum, 34 with a 27+4 girly currently called Potato.
Counting down 17 more work days until maternity not that I'm looking forward to it!

I'm so tired today I hardly know what to do with myself. I just want to sleep!
I'm working on the office today, so far I've had 3 people inform me that I'm huge, 2 tell me that I look really well despite feeling like shit 4 strangers ask me if I'm ok and 5 people ask when I'm due... I think I must look very obviously pregnant today hmm

TMI but does anyone else feel like they've got pulled muscles in their groin area? The last two days it's just been getting worse confused I didn't even know you could pull muscles there!

August
11 Mor (Team Vanilla)
13 Bunch (Team Blue)
16 New (Team Vanilla)
27 Potato (Team Pink)
30 Pink (Team Pink)

September
1 Shelb (Team Pink)
2 Taz (Team Blue)
4 Nev (Team Blue)
8 DrWhy
12 Danni (Team Blue)
14 Soda (Team Vanilla)
28 Leonie (Team Blue)
29 Laurenrl (Team Pink)

October
3 Lisa (Team Vanilla)
6 Irregular (Team Pink)
8 Miley (Team Vanilla)
12 Indi (Team Pink)
13 Co5mo
15 Planet
23 Lillian (Team Pink)
26 Lara
30 First

November
19 Canters
20 Jam
25 Stark!!!!!
29 Elle

December
9 Feef

January 17
4 May
13 Ni (Team Vanilla)

Nevlet Wed 01-Jun-16 13:06:14

Thanks for new thread potato!

Nevlet, 25, 26+3 with an increasingly energetic little boy.

Kee alternating between wanting to get to third tri next week and then going into a blind panic that I am not only going to have to give birth relatively soon but also have a real actual baby to look after!!

Laurenrl Wed 01-Jun-16 13:07:36

Lauren 25 (but not for much longer!) with a 22+6 shy baby girl who doesn't want to make her movements known (or who does but my anterior placenta is hiding them!) 💟

I also look pretty pregnant now and strangers, colleagues and friends alike decide to tell me how big I am/small I am/ well I look/ tired I look/young I am to be having a baby (personal least favourite)

Anyone willing to talk names? Little one has had her name decided for about 8 seems now since we found out the sex and since I can't try it out (other than with OH) and gage anyone I knows reaction id love to see how people will react when they hear it...

Laurenrl Wed 01-Jun-16 13:08:44

Weeks, not seems* 7 threads in and still not spell checking!

Nevlet Wed 01-Jun-16 13:28:47

Lauren we are very undecided on names so very open to talking names on here! Are you also turning 26 in june?

Co5mo Wed 01-Jun-16 13:49:06

Co5mo. Currently harbouring a 20+6 little sod who hides from ultrasound scans.

We're not discussing names seriously until we get a repeat scan. Still convinced we have an Arthur rather than a Martha so we might be getting slightly closer to agreeing a team blue name.

Pinklily1 Wed 01-Jun-16 13:51:20

Pink, 27+1 with a baby girl. 12 weeks and 6 days to go smile

We've got a shortlist of two names but I'm sworn to secrecy by OH!

Indi, congrats on a girl. The scan is brilliant!

Laurenrl Wed 01-Jun-16 14:11:49

July I'm 26, are you June Nev? will see what the concensus is on names haha (also need to check that my friend who is at 15 weeks who I gave the link to about thread 4 11 weeks ago doesn't check the forum, I'm sure she doesn't though!)

LisaTheSimpson Wed 01-Jun-16 14:11:53

Thanks for the new thread, Potato!

Nickname: Lisa
Status 22+2 with a vanilla-flavoured alien

Great scan pic, Indi!

Danni89 Wed 01-Jun-16 14:13:01

Danni, 27, with a 25+3 week bouncing boy.

Counting down to mat leave 10 weeks to go!!

Nevlet Wed 01-Jun-16 14:19:54

30 june for me lauren so only just june!

Sodasoda Wed 01-Jun-16 15:14:06

I'm soda, 33, with a 25 week vanilla cabbage!

I've just counted - I have 55 days left at work until maternity. It seems like quite a long way away...

Congrats on scan indi!

We've got a girls name we're happy with but we have only managed to agree on a couple of boys names that we 'don't hate'. I have a feeling it's a boy (based on nothing) so need to figure that out!

Mileymoocow Wed 01-Jun-16 15:30:50

Miley
21+3 with a vanilla flavoured kickboxer living onside of me.

We're decided on names, we have our girl and boy sorted grin i know a lot prefer to keep it secret but I'm not too fussed about sharing our ideas so we're Emelia May or Harrison Robert over here. Lots of people i know are pregnant, so hoping those ahead of me don't have the same ideas!

PotatosMum Wed 01-Jun-16 15:42:52

We've got our name but I've been sworn to secrecy by OH. Middle name will be Maria though as Potato will be the 5th generation of girls in my family to have that middle name and I don't want to break the chain confused before my mum got bad she threatened me with bloody murder if I did!

Nevlet Wed 01-Jun-16 15:45:10

I think our name short list is about 10 long and growing sad

StarkyTheDirewolf Wed 01-Jun-16 15:57:56

Starky, 29 (for another 27 days!) And in the second trimester at exactly 15 weeks today! Enjoying it a bit more now, especially now we've told family. Name list is now none existent, we need to start again! (Can't get enough of bacon

thanks for the new thread potato 👍

Mileymoocow Wed 01-Jun-16 16:42:03

potato Maria is a very pretty name, I really like it. I'm not that fond of May as it's very common but OH wants it because he was born in May. Argument did not stand when I suggested January though hmm Robert is a family middle name on OHs side also, he would be the 5th generation too if he's blue

starky bloody hell! 2nd trimester?! I think it's flown over, though you probably won't smile

PotatosMum Wed 01-Jun-16 17:29:18

OMG Stark I can't believe you're second trimester already. Only 5 more weeks and you're half way.
Are you going to find out if you're pink or blue?

Pinklily1 Wed 01-Jun-16 18:11:30

15 weeks Starky, that seems to have flown by from a thread point of view!

Lauren, your bump is lovely. Mine also feels quite high but I think that's because baby is squishing my organs now hmm

Potato, Maria is a lovely middle name.

LaraG13 Wed 01-Jun-16 18:16:53

Lara, 34, 19 weeks with first baby. I've joined in the bump pic party!

Thanks for the new thread potato! House has been on for 3 weeks now. How long did it take you to get an offer?

Glad it's feeling more real for you starky.

Lovely scan indi. Really glad all went well. Very excited for mine next week.

miley I love your name choices. Emelia is a beautiful name. Really like maria too. We have a girl's name but no where near agreeing on a boy's.

StarkyTheDirewolf Wed 01-Jun-16 18:25:50

pink The last two/three weeks seem to have gone by a bit quicker, I'm happy for that as the first 12 weeks definitely lasted longer than 12 weeks, more like 112! And having dates for 20 week scan etc feels quite nice.

Dh is absolutely adamant he already knows what were having, I've told him " its only just working out what it is babe, you definitely don't know " I'm not sure tbh potato dh can find out, I think I'd probably like to stay in the dark. The urge to buy pink fluffy frocks or baby blue prince george style lederhosen dungarees would get too much for me so I'm probably better off stocking with yellow! grin I'm awful I know lol.

Your bump is lovely lara ! And I love your dress!

Pinklily1 Wed 01-Jun-16 18:27:30

Lovely bump Lara! I like the dress too smile

Just to let you know - the Isabella Oliver sale has started today. I've become a bit obsessed with their maternity clothes so am reigning myself in, but there is some lovely stuff.

This is bump at 27 weeks. Apparently I'm 'blossoming' hmm

PotatosMum Wed 01-Jun-16 18:28:14

Lara lovely bump photo smile

My flat had an offer within 24 hours but we were very lucky. OHs house was on the market for nearly 2 months but then got 3 offers within a day, so you really never can tell.

I just hope we get good mortgage news at the end of this week. I'm trying to remain detached and methodical but it's really difficult as I keep swinging between planning for the new house and being excited and reminding myself that they could turn us down in which case we will lose the house unless we come up with a plan B super quick sad

Pinklily1 Wed 01-Jun-16 18:28:19

Lovely bump Lara! I like the dress too smile

Just to let you know - the Isabella Oliver sale has started today. I've become a bit obsessed with their maternity clothes so am reigning myself in, but there is some lovely stuff.

This is bump at 27 weeks. Apparently I'm 'blossoming' hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now